Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

McCarthy & Conner V Hoddle

B

Bankswolf II

This is in terms of teams after the game finished my mate said this is the worst wolves team since the Bhattis in terms of effort, ability and so on and when I argued against that Hoddles team of Ricketts, Seol etc was worse the disagreement was based on ability and if these two teams played each other Hoddle wolves would show more ability than
MM and Conners offering

So your thoughts, imagine these two woeful wolves sides against each other if there was to be one winner who would it be?

E

Englishwolfinwales

That would be the most depressing match to watch of all time

P

PeteWolf

Depends, Hoddle's teams probably had the ability to win and the commitment to lose, whereas this team has the commitment to win and the ability to lose.

It would be a toss up between a 0-0 with one team not being able to score and the other not bothering, or a high scoring game with the one team unable to stop them going in, the other not trying.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which of our conners are you talking about? Fat bhatti or Scouse bhatti?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Merlin had five and a half years and money to build a team whereas Hoddle did not have the time or as much money. So no contest.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you're forgetting that McCarthy built a team that got us promoted playing some genuinely exciting football.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting question and one which might distract me from that $$$$e I witnessed today for a minute.
It would be 1-1 after 70 minutes of excruciating football. then 2012 Craddock would come on and tackle 2005 Craddock. Their meeting would create a hole in the fabric of space and time that could only be solved by sacking Mick.

2005 team then go on to win 5-1. seol, lowe, olof, Naylor and Andrews. Our goal scored by berra's face.

The match would be played at a version of molineux where the north bank is half the old one and half the new. Noone notices the difference.

half time entertainment would be firing fireworks at 2005 version of Denise Butler from telford and also the 2012 version of Denise Butler from telford. Has experience made her more nimble and ready to duck? or has 7 years dulled her reflexes? we shall find out. someone better have two coats ready though to start hitting Denise and Denise with should the worst happen.

while this is going on the 2005 '2-step dance academy' against their 2012 equivalent. who will win? the 2005 girls with their youthful gyrations to 'eye of the tiger' or the 2012 ladies who will be doing a synchronised pram push display? I know where I'd put my money...

...being in that $$$$ing godforsaken abomination of a league and being unable to escape for another $$$$ing decade or so.

All in all it would be a good day out.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And that's the kind of $$$$e you type when sleep deprived with a screaming baby.

D

dazmanwolf

Interesting question and one which might distract me from that $$$$e I witnessed today for a minute.
It would be 1-1 after 70 minutes of excruciating football. then 2012 Craddock would come on and tackle 2005 Craddock. Their meeting would create a hole in the fabric of space and time that could only be solved by sacking Mick.

2005 team then go on to win 5-1. seol, lowe, olof, Naylor and Andrews. Our goal scored by berra's face.

The match would be played at a version of molineux where the north bank is half the old one and half the new. Noone notices the difference.

half time entertainment would be firing fireworks at 2005 version of Denise Butler from telford and also the 2012 version of Denise Butler from telford. Has experience made her more nimble and ready to duck? or has 7 years dulled her reflexes? we shall find out. someone better have two coats ready though to start hitting Denise and Denise with should the worst happen.

while this is going on the 2005 '2-step dance academy' against their 2012 equivalent. who will win? the 2005 girls with their youthful gyrations to 'eye of the tiger' or the 2012 ladies who will be doing a synchronised pram push display? I know where I'd put my money...

...being in that $$$$ing godforsaken abomination of a league and being unable to escape for another $$$$ing decade or so.

All in all it would be a good day out.

Better that than what I witnessed yesterday! :D

S

Shergar

Hoddle's team would play for the draw with 95% possession with a record breaking 345 passes strung together as they passed it along the back, forward 20 yards and then back again.
McCarthy/Connor's team would be set up not to lose and so Doyle would run round trying to chase the ball and be totally knackered after 15 minutes, Doyle then got injured as he tripped over a cone that was left on the field by Carl Hoddle.
Hennessey mustered the most shots on goal with his 3 hoofs that went straight through to Postma - who looked rather uncomfortable and was unable to sit down.
Karl Henry got sent off for blowing on Anderton, who subsequently get stretchered off to join the queue for career saving surgery with Carl Cort.
Frankowski had so little to do he was able to complete his jigsaw with the help of Berra.
D Rosas was introduced to the crowd at halftime, so everybody knew what he looked like.
The fans boo'd.
Score 0-0, after extra time and penalties.

Back
Top Bottom