Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mauricio Pochettino

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let them keep wasting their money, it will end in tears. Pochetino, if he does go there first big job and he is off, if they can attract him in the first place, if they do it will be spending a fortune on his wages, why didn't the likes of Chelsea go for him?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let them keep wasting their money, it will end in tears. Pochetino, if he does go there first big job and he is off, if they can attract him in the first place, if they do it will be spending a fortune on his wages, why didn't the likes of Chelsea go for him?
He will ruin the vile huge egos on big money could be comical look at what he did at psg nothing

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watch Vile appoint a top quality head coach in the next few days whilst we dither.
Are we dithering though? Or are we carrying out a thorough rectruitment process?

You’re guessing at the first as it fits your agenda. I mean you’ve made it very clear you don’t want Edwards or Beale, should they just stop “dithering” and appoint one of them immediately?

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are we dithering though? Or are we carrying out a thorough rectruitment process?

You’re guessing at the first as it fits your agenda. I mean you’ve made it very clear you don’t want Edwards or Beale, should they just stop “dithering” and appoint one of them immediately?

Clueless and desperate. Shi and Sellars are the two who are responsible for our striker crises so we shouldn’t be surprised at how bad they are at appointing managers, Nuno being the exception.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clueless and desperate. Shi and Sellars are the two who are responsible for our striker crises so we shouldn’t be surprised at how bad they are at appointing managers, Nuno being the exception.
It’s been less than 2 weeks lol

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spurs won

Remind me what he won at spurs? He spent a load of money on absolute tosh that had to be replaced. He was very fortunate in that he had probably the best English Forward in 25 years come through.

He’s a perennial underachiever, a complete bottle job.
He was runner up in the league and champions league with Spurs.

For him to have underachieved would suggest that the expectation was for him to have won those competitions with Spurs. And I don’t think that there is anybody or anything to argue that that was the case.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems to me that they are trying to do this on the cheap, which would be incredibly myopic given the level of investment in the squad itself and the gains from higher place finishes.

Clearly nobody knows for sure, but I can’t help but feel that finance played a part in the JL rejection.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems to me that they are trying to do this on the cheap, which would be incredibly myopic given the level of investment in the squad itself and the gains from higher place finishes.

Clearly nobody knows for sure, but I can’t help but feel that finance played a part in the JL rejection.
I doubt money was a factor unless JL was very greedy. Jeff flew out there to get a signature, plain and simple.
At least we were aiming high……..most likely still are.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know our managerial search has been a **** show but I really don’t get why people give a flying **** who Villa are linked with.

Poch is ideal for them. Big spenders, big egos etc. Some might want to brace themselves as it’s pretty much a shoe in I would suggest he will be their next manager. Like ourselves though, won’t mesh a thing until they get a better strategy off the field.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't Poch being lined up for the Juve job?

Juve's president is adamant he doesn't sack managers mid-season. Although Allegri is doing such a bad job it wouldn't surprise me if the WC break changes that.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was on the verge of being sacked in the summer they should have had their list of targets sorted then.
No it was RUMOURED he was on the verge of being sacked. In the same way the list of names to replace him are rumours. Does my head in how every news article is accepted as truth to fit an agenda. For all we know we could have spoken to Tuchels agent but no the “Fosun out” brigade would rather hold onto the HITC story about some 76 year old candidate.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it was RUMOURED he was on the verge of being sacked. In the same way the list of names to replace him are rumours. Does my head in how every news article is accepted as truth to fit an agenda. For all we know we could have spoken to Tuchels agent but no the “Fosun out” brigade would rather hold onto the HITC story about some 76 year old candidate.
I wouldn’t believe anything on HITC

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was runner up in the league and champions league with Spurs.

For him to have underachieved would suggest that the expectation was for him to have won those competitions with Spurs. And I don’t think that there is anybody or anything to argue that that was the case.
Argue the case? They finished second to Leicester! They absolutely should have won it. Plenty of pundits fancied them for the ECL final and Poch and his boys bottled both.

I hope he goes to villa, he’ll last 18 months before sloping off and finishing his career in Spain and his Native Argentina

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t believe anything on HITC
It was an example how rumours are held up as fact to prove an argument.

We’ve probably sounded out Tuchel which would involve a 30 second “thanks but no thanks “ from his agent.

At the moment it doesn’t matter what Jeff and Scott do they’ll be held up as some kind of Laurel and Hardy characters. I’m sure if Lupotegui had signed the day after Bruno went plenty on here would have moaned.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We’ve probably sounded out Tuchel which would involve a 30 second “thanks but no thanks “ from his agent.

At the moment it doesn’t matter what Jeff and Scott do they’ll be held up as some kind of Laurel and Hardy characters. I’m sure if Lupotegui had signed the day after Bruno went plenty on here would have moaned.
To be fair the candidates we’ve been linked with don’t exactly fill us with any hope. At the same time I don’t believe we’ve any chance of getting a Poch,Tuchel or Emery.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Laurel and Hardy? No. More like the Keystone Kops. I tended to give them the benefit of the doubt until now. Frankly those saying that they were arrogant incompetent clowns look like they were spot on.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair the candidates we’ve been linked with don’t exactly fill us with any hope. At the same time I don’t believe we’ve any chance of getting a Poch,Tuchel or Emery.
Time will tell. Plenty on here bemoaned Lambert being replaced by a Johnny Foreigner in Nuno.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Laurel and Hardy? No. More like the Keystone Kops. I tended to give them the benefit of the doubt until now. Frankly those saying that they were arrogant incompetent clowns look like they were spot on.
It depends on how you want to look at it. If you are in the “anti” brigade it’s easy to envisage a scenario whereby they’re sat scratching their heads scrolling google for managers.

Alternatively they could be carrying out a bit of due diligence on the remaining candidates.

I don’t think they can be blamed for Lupotegui not taking it due to some very unfortunate personal circumstances. Though I’ve seen plenty try to blame them

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hardly anybody moaned about it. Mostly people were fed up of Lambert and excited at him coming in. Lots of backlash towards people like Chris Powell claiming we would be too nice
Go back and look at the thread, I did when he was sacked. People were up in arms like they are now

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends on how you want to look at it. If you are in the “anti” brigade it’s easy to envisage a scenario whereby they’re sat scratching their heads scrolling google for managers.

Alternatively they could be carrying out a bit of due diligence on the remaining candidates.

I don’t think they can be blamed for Lupotegui not taking it due to some very unfortunate personal circumstances. Though I’ve seen plenty try to blame them
Your last para l agree.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa seem confident of landing Poch. No faff , just action

What "action" are you talking about?

Because all I've seen is that they will make an attempt - in other words, faff.

Aston Villa will make an ambitious attempt to convince Mauricio Pochettino to step back into management with the Midlands club

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's a good manager, but he's not in that top bracket with Klopp, Guardiola, Conte, etc. I would put him in the same category as Rodgers, Moyes, that sort of level.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa seem confident of landing Poch. No faff , just action
They haven’t even done the most important action, sacking the current manager. If you want to look at “faff” that’s exactly what they’re doing.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
Yeh if his name was Michael Porkchop from Woking with the same record everyone would be vilifying him on here!

Won nothing at Spurs, struggled to a league title with Psg and he had Messi, Neymar and Mbappe up top!

Typical Villa fancy this, 15 to 20m on wages minimum to convince him to go there, and that's without his demands for new players (100m min)

Plus the **** ones they already have on high wages!
He didn't struggle to the league title at all with PSG. In his full season they won the league 15 points clear of 2nd place.

The season they came 2nd he replaced Tuchel in January

Brightonwolf

Reaction score

The club can’t win in this. Go to quick they get criticised and now they are dithering.
Any appointment is a risk, we’re a challenge for a manager and don’t have bottomless funds. Any free manager is a manager who failed in their last job according to their previous bosses.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club can’t win in this. Go to quick they get criticised and now they are dithering.
Any appointment is a risk, we’re a challenge for a manager and don’t have bottomless funds. Any free manager is a manager who failed in their last job according to their previous bosses.
Nail hit firmly on the head!

For some on here Jeff and Scott are done for regardless what they do. It’s so depressingly predictable

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Why are you always so confrontational in your posting style? In a way I sort of admire your unwavering support of Shi and Sellars but dont understand why you have to be so condescending to fellow posters so regularly.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hardly anybody moaned about it. Mostly people were fed up of Lambert and excited at him coming in. Lots of backlash towards people like Chris Powell claiming we would be too nice

Agree. Most were delighted Lambert had gone from what I can recall.

Back
Top Bottom