Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mauricio Pochettino

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nail hit firmly on the head!

For some on here Jeff and Scott are done for regardless what they do. It’s so depressingly predictable
If the best they can come up with is Bosz then they are quite rightly done for.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it?

The latest ST rises accumulated around 2 million. What is that to a club who gets what we do in TV money each season?

If we put every single ticket up by 500 quid, it would raise 15 million. Absolutely **** all relatively speaking.

There is no connection at all.
Of course there is. It’s easy to spend someone else’s money isn’t it… :smirk:

T

TheConcourse

This sounds mental, but I wouldn’t want Poch for 3 reasons:

- Wolves is a massive step down from where he’s been operating. Why would he do that?

- We don’t have the resources.

- He’s had a shot, did pretty well at Spurs and still didn’t win anything. What’s the best outcome @ Wolves?

I do like the idea of a coach with fresh ideas. I could get on board with the chap in Germany. Beale is too soon IMO.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

- Wolves is a massive step down from where he’s been operating. Why would he do that?

- He’s had a shot, did pretty well at Spurs and still didn’t win anything. What’s the best outcome @ Wolves?

I do like the idea of a coach with fresh ideas. I could get on board with the chap in Germany. Beale is too soon IMO.
I said in a previous post he’s not interested in integrating youth players

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I said in a previous post he’s not interested in integrating youth players

I think his record in that respect is better than you give him credit for.

Was a stat in 2017 that 15 of the last 30 England internationals had been coached by Pochettino. Included a number of young players that he helped develop like Kane, Dele Alli, Dier, Winks, Mason, Ward-Prowse, Shaw, Chambers…

I guess it gets harder the higher you the go where the expectation is to win immediately.

NordicWolf

Reaction score
I guess it gets harder the higher you the go where the expectation is to win immediately.

Exactly!
To quote Conte: ”I am not stupid. I don't want to lose."

If they are good enough I’m sure they’ll play.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Argue the case? They finished second to Leicester! They absolutely should have won it. Plenty of pundits fancied them for the ECL final and Poch and his boys bottled both.

I hope he goes to villa, he’ll last 18 months before sloping off and finishing his career in Spain and his Native Argentina

Expectations for what a manager achieves at a club aren’t set 2/3 of the way through a season or before a game.

He transformed Spurs and Southampton as teams and clubs. Granted he messed up the league with PSG (though Lille were excellent) but that perhaps suggests he’s better elevating players and clubs than maintaining them - which would be perfect for us in my opinion.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not here to bat for Sellars and Shi, I'll wait until the verdict is delivered before I pass sentence. However I think it's wrong to suggest we blew £100m on Lage's targets. Nunes was the biggest signing and he is absolutely going to be worth the money. Then there's Guedes, who hasn't looked much good yet, but was Lopetegui's top target. Collins is also an excellent signing, great value and exactly the sort of actual CH most thought we needed. The other big spend was Sasa which was probably a slightly desperate signing to satisfy Lage's needs and obviously a gamble that didn't pay off.

I think they were confident of Lopetegui, the coincidence of the timing is too great for any other conclusion.

The lack of a plan B is fine to point at, but I'm not at all sure there's a candidate who would come who a majority of people think is a good appointment. It's no good going mental about rumours that may have no real substance.

So we're in a mess, but as an old boss of mine used to say, better to have a hole in your team than an ******** in your team. If the right man isn't out there now, wait until after to World Cup and pray for Lopetegui.
I can’t help but think a cheap option that can be moved on when J L is ready to come May well be in the thinking

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not here to bat for Sellars and Shi, I'll wait until the verdict is delivered before I pass sentence. However I think it's wrong to suggest we blew £100m on Lage's targets. Nunes was the biggest signing and he is absolutely going to be worth the money. Then there's Guedes, who hasn't looked much good yet, but was Lopetegui's top target. Collins is also an excellent signing, great value and exactly the sort of actual CH most thought we needed. The other big spend was Sasa which was probably a slightly desperate signing to satisfy Lage's needs and obviously a gamble that didn't pay off.

I think they were confident of Lopetegui, the coincidence of the timing is too great for any other conclusion.

The lack of a plan B is fine to point at, but I'm not at all sure there's a candidate who would come who a majority of people think is a good appointment. It's no good going mental about rumours that may have no real substance.

So we're in a mess, but as an old boss of mine used to say, better to have a hole in your team than an ******** in your team. If the right man isn't out there now, wait until after to World Cup and pray for Lopetegui.
I think you are smack on with this . But how come they couldn’t see Lopetegui’s refusal ? Was that stupidity or did Lopetegui duck out due to our awful prospects ?
Your father doesn’t become 90 overnight !

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I spend half my day thinking like this, but then the chaps that Huddersfield had gives me shivers. Are tactically-astute German managers all the rage these days? I’m not sure. ;)

Back
Top Bottom