Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Luton (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6211.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we are again. After the disappointing performance on Wednesday, time to put things right today.

Difficult to know quite why we were so poor on Wednesday, it was probably I’d say our worst performance of the season. I don’t think the players are on the beach, maybe they’ve just put so much into the season they’re running on fumes. Either way, it’s been a really enjoyable season but I’m kinda glad there’s not much left. Weird contrast but I’m I’m not alone?

In terms of line-up, injuries and fitness are the main factors again. We’ve got Hwang and Cunha back, but we’ve now lost Santi Bueno. It would genuinely be interesting if you asked Gary to write down his best XI, how many times this season we’ve been able to pick it.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti
Doherty Lemina Gomes Ait-Nouri
Sarabia
Cunha Hwang

Bentley, Bueno, Okoduwa, Doyle, Traore, Chirewa, Fraser, Gonzalez, Holman

Difficult to know what to expect from Luton today. They’re in the position where they need wins, but by all reports were awful last week against Brentford. A bit like us they have some important injuries. There’s more on the line for them than us which always worries me, but then I do think we’ll be able to put out a better team than them. Feels like there could be goals.

Atmosphere will be interesting. Maybe the best of the season against Arsenal; then the worst against Bournemouth. Which Molineux will we get today.

Finally I think it’s worth giving a shout out to Manny and Samosa Saturday. Get yourself over to the samosa stand by the Uni and help raise money for a really, really important cause.

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive got a good feeling about today. The disappointments and frustrations of VAR over the last few weeks will end today with a much needed win.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on me BABBIES. Get 3 points if not at least give them to Luton in an entertaining fashion with goals for each team….

Want to see more of the youngsters used. Even off the bench blood the likes of Fraser, Holman, Pond, Chirewa, Okoduwa get them showing some determination on the hour when the big boys run out of huff and puff

Today Il go Wolves 2 Luton 3

Red card and penalty for each team thanks to some VAR errors.

If Sarabia starts I don’t know why we bother wasting our time someone who isn’t giving 100%

Hopefully Gary can make subs earlier like half time or on the hour instead of waiting too long to change it up.

Luton are going to come at us… They are in a fight to survive

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on boys!! Hopefully GON gives Gomes and Sarabia a rest and we play a team of fresh(ish) players. Luton have injuries too (I think) so it’s a game we should win.

It kind of feels more important than it should because if we don’t win this I think it looks like no more wins before the end of the season.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on boys!! Hopefully GON gives Gomes and Sarabia a rest and we play a team of fresh(ish) players. Luton have injuries too (I think) so it’s a game we should win.

It kind of feels more important than it should because if we don’t win this I think it looks like no more wins before the end of the season.
He's been resting for weeks.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we can't put 2 or 3 past these, then I don't know what to say...

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let's just hope the idiots at Stockley Park don't ruin it. I know its been all against us but even if we had benefited from dodgy VAR decisions I'd still be against it. Clear and Obvious they said, we won't re referee games they said. They lied.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very confident for this one, for some reason.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coming up from Devon where I now live, left home at 8 back tonight at 10 a long 14 hour day. Why do I do it for a nothing match I ask myself? Because they are my team.

Up the Wolves.

Beautiful part of the country. My family have got a holiday place in South Devon.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never want us to lose but this would be one of the easiest defeats to get over ever considering it would **** Forest up big time.

Luton's tactical approach has been crazy to me in the past few months. They seem very expansive and they don't have the players for it.

To their credit, they have a go, but the likes of Cunha, Hwang and Ait-Nouri, if all 100%, could cause so many problems if they're left 1vs1 and unless Ogbene is back, they shouldn't have the pace to hurt us too much if it does become stretched, although I've no doubt we'll still find a way to let them score.

This must be one of the first times ever I actually think we'll win. A very exciting game, where our superior forwards make a difference. 4-2, Wolves.

Last edited:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never want us to lose but this would be one of the easiest defeats to get over ever considering it would **** Forest up big time.

Luton's tactical approach has been crazy to me in the past few months. They seem very expansive and they don't have the players for it.

To their credit, they have a go, but the likes of Cunha, Hwang and Ait-Nouri, if all 100%, could cause so many problems if they're left 1vs1 and unless Ogbene is back, they shouldn't have the pace too hurt us too much if it does become stretched, although I've no doubt we'll still find a way to let them score.

This must be one of the first times ever I actually think we'll win. A very exciting game, where our superior forwards make a difference. 4-2, Wolves.
Yea but scoring 4 ?????
Unlikely….

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First game I'm attending since the FA Cup Semi.

Hoping for a better result though, but if not then at least it'll hopefully help Luton stay up at the expense of Notts Forest
Mixed thoughts on Forest or Luton, as Nottingham is a much better away day (imo) than Luton so would miss not visiting there.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really mixed feelings on this one
I always want us to win but so want Forest to go down
Luton will attack us and we will have plenty of chances to counter,its just whether the players can drag enough desire and strength to do it for 90 minutes
Got a 3-2 feeling on this but which way idk

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll win today. Two-nil. Cunha and Hwang to score.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I was hoping we'd have beaten Bournemouth so Luton could have the win today --- really don't want them to go down --- but we need a win today as if we don't can see up not getting another point

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Santi is out, then this is the game to play 2 centre backs with a midfielder sitting deep surely. I would be tempted to play Bueno and Semedo as wb with Rayan further forward

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Bueno
Lemina
Gomes Traore
Rayan Hwang Cunha

Fully expecting to bring on Doyle and probably Chirewa and Doc at some point and maybe Lawrence if he can be ***** to show up

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just reading that Enso could be in the match day squad. Will be interesting to see if he gets minutes.
Won’t matter if in squad won’t come on…..ala mini Lemina.

Back
Top Bottom