Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leonardo Campana

S

ShropshireLad

I’m pretty sure Emlyn’s this is your life was after the 4-1 win. Did Emlyn score the fourth goal as well. I could be wrong it was a long time ago.
As a digression, if the mods allow it :cool:, I’ve been told by someone who worked for Thames TV that the Liverpool players weren’t happy about going on the show to support our Emlyn. I don’t know what the issue was but apparently he’d upset quite a few of them.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a digression, if the mods allow it :cool:, I’ve been told by someone who worked for Thames TV that the Liverpool players weren’t happy about going on the show to support our Emlyn. I don’t know what the issue was but apparently he’d upset quite a few of them.

Maybe we're going to be asked to set up a separate "Emlyn Hughes on 'This is Your Life'" thread? :D

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very interesting comments Judah picked up on from Nuno. He's liked what he's seen in training and will be on the bench tomorrow (or don't be surprised to see him there)

Perhaps this lad will be fast tracked in the way that Neto was. Pressure off as signed as an U23 but can progress to the first team squad quickly. Maybe even his performances in training has convinced Nuno to drop his pursuit of Oliviera or an alternative?

Seems like Campana will be Raul's back up after all, and I've liked what I've seen of Dadashov in the couple of viewings so far

Centre forward hierarchy could well be Jimenez (Jota) Campana, Dadashov going into the business end. Good luck young man

D

Deleted member 5910

Best of luck to him but in lieu of us actually signing a striker, this whiffs of him being fast tracked to Raul's backup whether he's ready or not.

Benny78

Reaction score
Or maybe there is no other strikers available so, he’s it by default. Like I said in the other thread, what could he have done in 1 training session to warrant selection in the match day squad? Must have been some session!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he was always seen as more or less the backup signing to Raul. I am looking forward to seeing him play. All said and done, we know absolutely nothing about the guy and if on first sighting Nuno is impressed, then so should we.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe there is no other strikers available so, he’s it by default. Like I said in the other thread, what could he have done in 1 training session to warrant selection in the match day squad? Must have been some session!
I'm expecting official Wolves to put up a clip of him nutmegging Boly, out sprinting Traore and then scoring a rabona from the halfway line over Rui's head any minute ;)

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Best of luck to him but in lieu of us actually signing a striker, this whiffs of him being fast tracked to Raul's backup whether he's ready or not.

Or, as a 4 capped senior international it's a tremendous piece of scouting & it was the plan all along.
We shall see.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Rooney type session only on grass instead of in a bar?o_O

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think in an ideal world we'd be bringing in an experienced hit-the-ground-running backup striker for around £5m, but the club have enough faith in Campana to use him in this role if that doesn't happen (and it seems it won't). Suspect this was the plan all along. We can then take our time to find the right striker in the summer then the market's more favourable for buying clubs.

W

wanderer24

You can only assume that he started with the under 23’s and they were like “Nuno, come and have a look at this kid”

D

Deleted member 5910

I doubt a player that Jorge Mendes has described as the south american Joao Felix was ever going to be for the u23s
Or, as a 4 capped senior international it's a tremendous piece of scouting & it was the plan all along. We shall see.
Nuno: “He will be integrated as a back-up in the under-23s and then the future will determine how he works, (and) how he can improve because he has talent.”

That was a week ago.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can only assume that he started with the under 23’s and they were like “Nuno, come and have a look at this kid”

His first training session was with the seniors, apparently, before doing sessions with the 23s. Sounds like he's going to be with the seniors moving forwards tbh. Excited to see him when the time comes.

W

wanderer24

I thought it was interesting what Mendes thoughts were and he clearly thinks he’s super talented. It will be exciting to see what he can do

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We heard from journos in South America that Campana was some way off being Prem ready
He obviously has potential otherwise we wouldnt have bought him in,but it does seem odd after 1 or 2 sessions hes right into the deep end
Then again what do we know? No has seen him play so lets reserve judgement till then

lycophilos

Reaction score
If Nuno thinks he's ready, then that's good enough for me at the moment.

I've sometimes disagreed with Nuno - e.g. over Cutrone - but Nuno's always been right, and I've been wrong. No surprise there!

D

Deleted member 5910

We heard from journos in South America that Campana was some way off being Prem ready. He obviously has potential otherwise we wouldnt have bought him in,but it does seem odd after 1 or 2 sessions hes right into the deep end. Then again what do we know? No has seen him play so lets reserve judgement till then
All I know is we have a 6-pointer tomorrow at Old Trafford in the chase for a European spot. If the lad's on the bench, he's going to need to be Prem ready if Raul takes a knock. Let's hope so.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Nuno: “He will be integrated as a back-up in the under-23s and then the future will determine how he works, (and) how he can improve because he has talent.”

That was a week ago.

Could've been a coy piece of man-management to not put too much pressure on the lad. Either way, Nuno knows.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the games in the balance tomorrow and Raul needs to come off then we're going to put Jota in the middle in that scenario most likely anyway. We get a second knock in the front 3 then we have Podence to come in, unless it's Jota himself then perhaps we're then looking at Campana, if we wanted to keep 3 up top. So he'd likely be 3rd change at the earliest in any case

If we're 3-0 up then maybe earlier to rest Raul and get him blooded

Bench likely to be Ruddy; Kilman; Boly or Saiss; Giles; MGW; Podence; Jota or Neto... so that's 7 anyway. Campana gets on the bench at the expense of Giles? We'd have to hope Jonny stays fit in that case as we'd not have any LWB cover (Doc or Kilman perhaps)

Nuno may even want Jordao there, but feels likely Campana would be 1st reserve for the bench more likely

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

From what I’ve seen Jordao is close to deserving g a place.

I can’t wait to see us playing on the break with this lot - if it comes off every team is going to fear playing us - we already know both city and Liverpool do.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We heard from journos in South America that Campana was some way off being Prem ready
He obviously has potential otherwise we wouldnt have bought him in,but it does seem odd after 1 or 2 sessions hes right into the deep end
Then again what do we know? No has seen him play so lets reserve judgement till then
I was thinking about this after posting on the richarlison thread. When I looked at his goals/appearance figure the thing that jumped out at me was his senior appearances in Brazil before signing for Watford.
for Fluminense he played 18 games in 2016, scoring 4 goals and 14 games in 2017 scoring 5 goals.
Now, I genuinely do not know what the average standard of the Brazilian league is, obviously they have and produce world class players, but is it at the level of European top leagues? I genuinely do not know.
So his Stats in that league were not extraordinary, but he is now touted as £85m?? Not saying Campana is or isn't - Haven't seen him play, but I'm certainly willing to go with our recruitment team and more importantly Nuno's judgement, rather than a journo - no matter how respected he is.

On another point - how did Watford get a work Permit for him on those stats? does he have dual nationality?

Back
Top Bottom