Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman keep or sell?

Would you keep or sell Max Kilman?

• Sell

Votes: 150 41.2%
  • Keep

Votes: 214 58.8%

• Total voters

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
personally I don’t think it will be a question of ‘which one’ , I’m confident that Neto will be sold in the summer (assuming he doesn’t have another injury). In the case of Max it would simply be a question of how much is offered, everyone has their price.
oh without a doubt.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep max, one poor second half doesnt want me want to sell him. Mosquera is untterley unknown at this level…we suspect he will be good but noone knows for sure. Dawson was targetted and really struggled today, he will eventually make way for Bueno or Moosquera

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its one of those questions where it depends on the offer. I see him as a fairly middle of the road center half, but being English we could get good money for him. 35 or 40 million for me would be enough to cash in, anything over that i'd be snapping hands off.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under rated player by our fans base.....there is always one or two every season.....he has played every minute this season, we are 8th and it's still not good enough for some despite most saying we would go down.....he is an integral part of our squad...

Yerson hasn't kicked a ball yet in the premier league and Santiago Bueno likewise......the jury is out on those two , it isn't on kilman.....

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under rated player by our fans base.....there is always one or two every season.....he has played every minute this season, we are 8th and it's still not good enough for some despite most saying we would go down.....he is an integral part of our squad...

Yerson hasn't kicked a ball yet in the premier league and Santiago Bueno likewise......the jury is out on those two , it isn't on kilman.....

For me, if we need to raise funds, i think we could replace him probably for half the price we could sell him for. Seeing as we are going to be a sell to buy club, he's a good example of a player we can make good money on.

If GON wants to switch to a back 3, we need probably 2 new center halves. Kilman and Dawson looked very, very ordinary early on, they both only suit a back 5 imo.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, if we need to raise funds, i think we could replace him probably for half the price we could sell him for. Seeing as we are going to be a sell to buy club, he's a good example of a player we can make good money on.

If GON wants to switch to a back 3, we need probably 2 new center halves. Kilman and Dawson looked very, very ordinary early on, they both only suit a back 5 imo.
I'm hoping we will have enough money coming in from other areas to not consider selling Max...I got a feeling we might sell Santiago Bueno in the summer and maybe bring another in ..... similar to bouba , O'Neil just doesn't seem to want to use him...

I love all , sell a player fans because they ain't good enough for us or we can get better for cheaper and then they want 40m for the player we are selling.....

We will probably be bringing in 100m in the summer be plenty to strengthen the areas we need....

Last edited:

loppers86

Reaction score
firstly, why do we have to have a poll about whether or not we should somebody like max whenever we have a bad game?

I like max and i voted to keep (like mostly everybody else).

One thing I would say though is that watching Dawson winning those headers under bombardment yesterday at the front of the south bank made me realise we don’t have anyone who comes close… what we need is someone like Dawson but at least 5 years younger… if we don’t get that then max, toti, yerson, santi are going to struggle …

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping we will have enough money coming in from other areas to not consider selling Max...I got a feeling we might sell Santiago Bueno in the summer and maybe bring another in ..... similar to bouba , O'Neil just doesn't seem to want to use him...

I love all , sell a player fans because they ain't good enough for us or we can get better for cheaper and then they want 40m for the player we are selling.....

We will probably be bringing in 100m in the summer be plenty to strengthen the areas we need....

I could see Bouba leaving, Santi it probably depends how happy he is here. As for Max, i do think we can probably do better than him for cheaper if we sell him, but i dont think he's a bad player or anything like that, i'd just rather sell him if it allows us to say keep Gomes or possibly RAN. I think we all know Pedro will be off.

As i said before though, i still think he is as poor in a back 4 as people used to think Coady was, and combining that with Dawson not being able to cut it playing a back 4 how GON likes i think we could probably do with a couple of new center halves.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There always seems to be an element of fanbases who rate players who come through the development system less than big purchases.

I agree that Santi hasn't shown that he can do it consistently in the PL, mainly due to lack of selection, but "not kicked a ball"? I must have imagined him playing at Fulham....

Agreed re Yerson who looks promising but....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There always seems to be an element of fanbases who rate players who come through the development system less than big purchases.

I agree that Santi hasn't shown that he can do it consistently in the PL, mainly due to lack of selection, but "not kicked a ball"? I must have imagined him playing at Fulham....

Agreed re Yerson who looks promising but....
Yea he played at Fulham but in premier league terms it's barely kicked a ball ....I nearly inserted barely in brackets.....the point I'm making is O'Neil doesn't seem to want to use him , similar to bouba unless he has to ....doesn't use him to see games out , tactical sub etc ...

I'm just saying how can we question Max when he has played every minute but say two players Bueno and Yerson can replace him when they haven't kicked a ball ...had those two players played every minute we may have a different opinion...

Off course if someone came in for a big offer for Max we may have to consider it....but the fact that some hope for a big offer should tell it's own story.. hopefully we should raise enough in the summer to not touch the core group of players in terms of sales....it's probably safe to say we need centre back cover but the jury is out on Bueno and Yerson at the minute....

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
40m would put Max in the top 15/16 transfer fees for a centre back of all time.....it doesn't make sense to say we could get better. ....why would anybody spend the money if it's that easy ..

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Kilman, he’s had a really good season, but I’ve personally always thought him a little bit overrated by some?

I actually think we’d turn down £40 million, and would be looking a little higher to sell. By way of comparison, Brighton wouldn’t accept that fee for Dunk or Everton for Branthwaite I don’t think? Neither is miles better? A cap at some point would add a few quid more too? I can’t see anyone putting in the sort of bid we’d accept tbh (even Chelsea), so in all likelihood he goes nowhere?

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d keep.
Would like him to eventually take over Dawson’s central role. Perhaps with Mosquera to his right.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems the fan base is divided over our captain Max Kilman.

Would you sell if a 40m offer came in for him?

Mosquera coming back and Bueno waiting in the wings. Could some big cash be made?

What makes me ask the question. Some fans Iv spoke to have different opinions on the same player….
77-22 when I voted. Pretty clear that it's a keep.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do l personally want Max sold? No.

Do l think, given the Fosun business model and the FSP implications already mentioned, that he might be sold if the right offer (which l think would be £40M+) comes in? Yes. Truthfully none of our players are exempt from that.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a daft argument to say that we could sell Kilman for £40m and buy better for £20m. If it were that easy, clubs that would buy Kilman for £40m would just buy the lower-priced 'better' player.
That basically gambles that our recruitment setup is one of the best.....

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t we need a poll about selling players every time they have a bit of criticism, we’d have no one left within a few months.

He’s way too passive though, sometimes I just want to give him a good shake. For a 6ft odd centre half of Eastern European descent, called ‘Maximilian Kilman’ he really doesn’t live up to his name sometimes.

In saying that, rarely does he do much wrong on the ball, starts so many of our attacks. The modern centre half I guess. Also worth remembering he could very easily have left last summer but chose to stay.

Just would like to see him step into his leadership role a bit more sometimes. That second half today was a perfect example where we needed someone to get a grip of everyone and get things back on track.

All stuff that’s both coach able and also comes with experience. Absurd to suggest selling him though.
I think he does need a little bit of dog, some more aggression maybe. He is a good footballer, a good centre half but for his role I would like to see more steel.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a daft argument to say that we could sell Kilman for £40m and buy better for £20m. If it were that easy, clubs that would buy Kilman for £40m would just buy the lower-priced 'better' player.

I dont think its out of the question at all really. The thing is as well, we dont have to buy a better player than him for less than we sell him for, just one on a similar level we can possibly develop. Saliba, Magalhaes Ragusin, Guehi, Ahmedhodzic, Ajer and Mavropanos are all examples of good players for under 25-30 million at the times they moved in the last few years. Now they are all worth more.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont think its out of the question at all really. The thing is as well, we dont have to buy a better player than him for less than we sell him for, just one on a similar level we can possibly develop. Saliba, Magalhaes Ragusin, Guehi, Ahmedhodzic, Ajer and Mavropanos are all examples of good players for under 25-30 million at the times they moved in the last few years. Now they are all worth more.
The flaw in your argument is that NOW they are worth more. When they were bought for less, they were bought for their potential. Saliba, for sure, was loaned out when he was bought as he was deemed not good enough at the time to command a regular staring place for Arsenal. He's developed well, but it took 2 or three years.
Would you really want to weaken Wolves for the next 2 or 3 years in the hope that a player could get to the level Kilman is at now?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won’t replace him with like for like with good value so keep him.

Unless Mosquera is ready and we bring in a second more mobile midfielder to succession plan for balon dawson who is more important.

But keep him, he is the right level of player for a team in the 7th-12th area of the league!

Players who cost more at bigger clubs have more errors and costly errors in them this season than our max, the difference is many in our fan base probably don’t watch too much football that is wolves to see it.

Is he a captain? No

Good player? 100%

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The flaw in your argument is that NOW they are worth more. When they were bought for less, they were bought for their potential. Saliba, for sure, was loaned out when he was bought as he was deemed not good enough at the time to command a regular staring place for Arsenal. He's developed well, but it took 2 or three years.
Would you really want to weaken Wolves for the next 2 or 3 years in the hope that a player could get to the level Kilman is at now?

Thats not really a flaw though is it. I think everyone of those players are about the same level as Max is now when they signed for their current clubs. With Saliba for example, not ready for Arsenal, but ready for Wolves are 2 different things. We arent chasing champions league spots and league titles, we are a mid table Premier league team. At our level, he would have been perfectly fine. Same with all the others. The only real thing Max has over everyone but Guehi is he is homegrown. Not one of those players would have weakened us.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tend to agree, Nathan Collins cost 20m as he looked a good Burnley player in a side that shipped goals. The Sheff Utd CH people were impressed with yesterday looks a good player in a weak side shipping goals. Whatever we say Kilman is a Premier League regular that is playing in a team just outside the top 6 and, off and on, all three starting Centre halves have taken stick this season at some point.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tend to agree, Nathan Collins cost 20m as he looked a good Burnley player in a side that shipped goals. The Sheff Utd CH people were impressed with yesterday looks a good player in a weak side shipping goals. Whatever we say Kilman is a Premier League regular that is playing in a team just outside the top 6 and, off and on, all three starting Centre halves have taken stick this season at some point.

Kilman is the better player in that three….

I think some of this is people think newer is better and because they played well once against us it is a sign of a good player.

We saw first hand Collins isn’t ready yet, there is a player there but it is a few years away with more exposure and experience he gets there. But we had to protect ourselves by selling him while we could see some profit with our finances at the time.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol.

You've literally named a bunch of defenders that were bought years ago and are now worth well in excess of 40mil.

And Mavropanos hahaha, West Ham fans will give you him for free.

Ajer as well. Lol.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He played well yesterday depends on price .
I'm really conflicted on Kilman. I thought he was bang average yesterday tbh, esp 2nd half when he should have been showing leadership he was hoicking the ball away, setting a really bad example. For us to move up a level next season we must be able to play higher up the pitch, as do all the top sides. Not sure we could this with this current 3. Dawson and Toti won't be going anywhere in the summer so if GON wants to freshen up the back line perhaps Kilman is the one to sell? If we got any bid North of £40/45 mil that would be really hard to turn down imo.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm really conflicted on Kilman. I thought he was bang average yesterday tbh, esp 2nd half when he should have been showing leadership he was hoicking the ball away, setting a really bad example. For us to move up a level next season we must be able to play higher up the pitch, as do all the top sides. Not sure we could this with this current 3. Dawson and Toti won't be going anywhere in the summer so if GON wants to freshen up the back line perhaps Kilman is the one to sell? If we got any bid North of £40/45 mil that would be really hard to turn down imo.
See this doesn't make sense to me.....if kilman is bang average then how are we going to get a bid north of 40/45m.......that would make him one of the top 20 highest transfer fees for a centre back ever....it's nonsense....

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming we aren’t forced to sell to meet FFP then for players like Max I’d only look to sell if we had a fairly guaranteed upgrade to replace him, or to fund an upgrade in another position with an adequate replacement for Max. For players like Netoif a top club come in with big money then you accept it’s difficult to keep them, for others it’s about selling at the right time in their career or to better balance the squad

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He like others was sub par yesterday but he was immense only a week before at Spurs. I prefer to keep him as I felt overall he has had a very good season. I like to see us play with more of a rotation on the back line to keep the team fresh.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like to see us play with more of a rotation on the back line to keep the team fresh.
I think we may see that next season once Santi has had a pre-season and Mosquera returns from stifling Spanish attacks. Seems he's doing quite well at Villareal.

Back
Top Bottom