Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

'I'm very confident': Emmanuel Petit is convinced about who's going to win the PL title - Arsenal or Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shamanth Jayaram

Emmanuel Petit has predicted who is going to win the Premier League title this season – Arsenal or Manchester City.

The fight for the English crown was widely viewed as a three-horse race, but that number has dropped by one over the last week or so.

Liverpool have picked up just four points in their last five games, and following their draw against West Ham United today, their chances of winning the Premier League are as good as over.

That leaves Arsenal and Manchester City to battle it out in the remaining games of the season, and this could go down to the wire.

Petit, who knows a thing or two about winning league titles, has now revealed his prediction.

Photo by Chris Brunskill/Fantasista/Getty Images

Emmanuel Petit predicts who will win the Premier League – Arsenal or Manchester City​

The Premier League title race is all set for an exciting finish.

Arsenal are currently on top of the table with 77 points after 34 games. They are in a great position right now, but Manchester City remain the favourites.

Pep Guardiola’s side are a point behind the Gunners, but they have only played 33 games.

In his predictions recently, Micah Richards, who is an Arsenal fan but also a Manchester City ambassador, claimed that the defending champions have the edge in the race.

That’s not a bad prediction at all as City, at this stage of the season, are usually faultless and often get the job done irrespective of who their opponents are.

However, Emmanuel Petit has a different view.

The former Arsenal midfielder, who has already predicted a win for his old side against Tottenham on Sunday, seems absolutely convinced that the Gunners will pip Manchester City for the title.

He said on talkSPORT: “I used to be like at the beginning of the season, I think City were ahead of Arsenal. But, I think it might change this season.

“Obviously, they don’t have their destiny in their hands because City have two (one) games in a row and if they win it, they have two points lead. But, I still believe, somewhere…

“I don’t see the best of City this season, especially in defence. I think they look more vulnerable. This is why I think, Arsenal, the way they reacted, scoring five goals against Chelsea, they know how important the game is coming on Sunday against Tottenham.

“I’m very confident. I still believe Arsenal are going to win the Premier League.”

Comparing Arsenal and Manchester City’s remaining games this season​

Arsenal are still dreaming, but Manchester City remain the favourites to retain their Premier League title.

The game in hand gives Pep Guardiola‘s side a huge edge in the race, and as long as they win their games, they will become the champions, irrespective of Arsenal’s results.

However, if City even draw one game and Arsenal win their last four fixtures, it will be Mikel Arteta who will lift the Premier League title at the end of the season.

We’re sure Arsenal fans will be keeping an eye on Manchester City’s remaining fixtures and vice versa. Let us help you out with that.

Here’s who Arsenal and Manchester City play in the next three weeks:

ArsenalTottenham (A)Bournemouth (H)Manchester United (A)Everton (H)
Manchester CityNottingham Forest (A)Wolves (H)Fulham (A)Tottenham (A)West Ham (H)

The post 'I'm very confident': Emmanuel Petit is convinced about who's going to win the PL title - Arsenal or Man City appeared first on TBR Football.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom