Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I like Boubs

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Having a midfield 3 of Lemina, Gomes and Boubs makes it much easier to recover if one is out of position or to allow one to go on a forward run imo compared to if Doyle is one of the 3. Grant that Doyle is a better passer though.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bouba did well yesterday.... definitely gave us some legs in midfield.....I've haven't been sure on him at all and mentioned it a few times....he is ok and has lots of energy...

But I still stand by the fact we need a goalscorer from midfield..still not sure Lemina Gomes Bouba and Doyle is the perfect combination....it lacks a 7/8 goals a season scorer from midfield.....bouba Lemina and Gomes all had decent chances yesterday and all missed.....that could have been the difference...

I want a midfielder who can get a goal and to do it we may have to sacrifice 1,....granted it's nit picking and we have other priorities...but we should be complacent in midfield....a goalscoring midfielder would make all the difference especially against weaker teams....

The squad needs a forward who can chip in with 8/10 goals and a midfielder or winger who will chip in with 6/8 goals.....that would make a massive difference...

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the guys energy and he won back a couple of balls yesterday that looked like lost causes. He has a rocket shot on him as well but it does need to hit the target. He and Gomes will carry on collecting yellow cards for fun, but that, to me, is preferable to a more passive midfield. I like Doyle as well, but think that for once we have a midfield with options

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but Traore offers much more than Doyle.
Different type of player, like comparing apples to oranges really. Having some variety is a good thing. That being said, if we are playing a midfield three, I think the balance is far better with one of Lemina or Doyle, and not both. They're too similar. Having Lemina sit while Gomes and Traore have free reign to create havoc gives us a nice balance.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Different type of player, like comparing apples to oranges really. Having some variety is a good thing. That being said, if we are playing a midfield three, I think the balance is far better with one of Lemina or Doyle, and not both. They're too similar. Having Lemina sit while Gomes and Traore have free reign to create havoc gives us a nice balance.
I don't see Lemina and Doyle as similar personally. I think Doyle is the player most different to the other 3 myself

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see Lemina and Doyle as similar personally. I think Doyle is the player most different to the other 3 myself
Lemina wants to sit in and dictate the play. As does Doyle. There's where the comparison is drawn for me. Physically perhaps not comparable, but in terms of positioning. How I see it anyway.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lemina wants to sit in and dictate the play. As does Doyle. There's where the comparison is drawn for me. Physically perhaps not comparable, but in terms of positioning. How I see it anyway.
My first thought about all of them is that Doyle is the one least likely to stick his foot in and the most likely to make a more complex pass.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle hasn't got the legs Bouba has but he is a lot better on the ball...more control......when Lemina was absent around Christmas Gomes n Doyle combined really well....it was probably our most productive period points wise....

Bouba is probably better against the better teams as he gives you the legs.....but if you are having more of the ball against the weaker side Doyle offers you more control, plus another set piece threat...

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its hard not to get carried away with Boubs. A real handful but until I see a defence splitting pass its best not to get too excited. Definitely capable of getting on the end of things though.

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
Looked poor at times in is early appearances but is on an upward trend. Game time and a full preseason I think we may have a player. Similar trend to Totti hopefully who looked hopeless at times and has now grown into a decent player.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bouba and Lemina gave us a lot of energy in the 2-2 home draw we should of won against Newcastle

He’s got a good engine but needs longer than a sub appearance.

He can play attacking midfield but Gaz didn’t bother using him against the likes of Coventry when on the bench is criminal…

Hopefully he’s proven his point and can improve further

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was a bit wobbly to start off with but with the support he's been given, we had a good feel of what we might expect next season.

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
No, not going to do it, I have decided to suppress my inner teenager, I had Toti, Boubs and a certain West Ham keeper in my reply but deleted for the good of the group.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, not going to do it, I have decided to suppress my inner teenager, I had Toti, Boubs and a certain West Ham keeper in my reply but deleted for the good of the group.
Norte Norte too

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
At the end of 2024/25 season its highly likely our big money departure will be J Gomes, keep coaching and give more game time to Bouba next season to see if he is J Gomes natural replacement. I also expect big things from JRB and Tommy Doyle next season. Midfield looking good, perhaps one experienced midfielder as cover for Mario needed.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a great debut versus Arsenal last season, but hasn’t really managed to match that since.

Hopefully he can get there, as he’s shown glimpses of real promise.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there is a job Boubs can do.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
It would also had been great if he had been given proper gametime in January, February and March too, to give Lemina, Gomes and Doyle some much needed rest when we on several occasions played three games in eight days.
Obviously we could have lost some points there, but should have gained more points in March&April instead...

Or is this just hindsight?

Back
Top Bottom