Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Glenn Hoddle For England?

B

Battleship

He seems to be interested in managing England at this year's European Championship:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17510682

I would be happy for him to have it (assuming that nobody better is available) on the grounds that he did a good job managing England at the 1998 world cup.

I wouldn't want him back at Wolves, though - we need someone who will do a good job of rebuilding the team.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Long-term, it should be Redknapp, Hodgson or O'Neill.

However, if the FA is looking for a caretaker manager purely for the European Championships, there are only three English managers I can think of with managerial experience in major international tournaments. One is Stuart Pearce who has done well in tournaments with the Under 21's. The other two are very familiar to Wolves fans...

B

bridgnorthwolf

I would give it Woy every day of the week.

He is the outstanding candidate.

D

Dorset DeWolf

I want the job, doesnt mean i'll get it though, what a $$$$

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seems to be interested in managing England at this year's European Championship:

I would be happy for him to have it (assuming that nobody better is available) on the grounds that he did a good job managing England at the 1998 world cup.

I wouldn't want him back at Wolves, though - we need someone who will do a good job of rebuilding the team.
Questionable that he did a good job at the 1998 World Cup. Won 2 and lost 1 then a draw followed by defeat on penalties. Blotted his copybook by publishing a World Cup diary which absolved himself of all blame but pointed the finger at some of the squad and also went public about a private meeting with Gazza. Hasn't managed for 6 years, some would argue longer given he was so hopeless at Wolves. Not shy though is he?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God no! I’ve just bought a new tv and I am likely to smash it if I see his ugly mug on it managing my country. The man is a horrible piece of work only bothered about himself. Harry is the only man for the job.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The arrogance of the man is unbelievable. No mention of his WWFC debacle in the article of course.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mick McCarthy's the man for the job!

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Last coaching job he has was at wolves. Can't see him being England manager again.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did he? Until the Argentina game it was very ordinary...then it was Owen's match.

Going against him is his own belief that he needs time to get to know his players and teach his methods.....in that case he's put himself out of the running for a temporary position after being away from the top level since, well....since he was sacked last time. (unless he's just desperate for work and will say anything to find a job and bugger his "beliefs"....would you trust that man?)

I didn't realise until recently about his crazy brand of Christianity, that he'd actually dumped his wife and kids because they didn't allow him to concentrate on his work at England. What kind of Christianity is that?

Plus, he is $$$$ing bananas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not for England and absolutely not for Wolves, after the mess he left us in.

Back
Top Bottom