Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Game that had it all?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And then there's people saying to get rid of SEB haha, he could still get back to that sort of level!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell - I'd forgotten how good SEB used to be! It's all a confidence thing with him - he had the same body then that he does now; I just don't think he'd consider either taking on the shot for the first goal or the skill for the second at this present time - he seems to always want two or three touches now.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Shows how SEB has gone now compared to how he was. What a shame- lets move on now.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you know what, even when I read the thread title I knew instinctively which game this was. It may not seem an obvious choice, but this for me was 100% my favourite game/moment from the MM era - it was $$$$ing brilliant. A proper all dayer, think me and my lot was boozing from 11 onwards although we cracked open the bottles from 7ish and made a real good day of it and when clearly by the amount we took and the celebrations we wasn't the only one!

The complete torture of watching that last minute equaliser to the complete euphoria and emmotional ecstasy when Karl slides in in an even latter last minute goal, you just cant beat it, a truly great day/game. Give me that over a overhyped 12 KO at that horrible dump Sandwell any day of the week.

I will forever hold a dear place in my heart for Kevin Kyle for that one peach of a cross, I really mean that, I have a genuine affection for the bloke for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

richiej95

What a game that was. Can't imagine what it was like for those there.

How on earth did Semedo not get sent off for that headbutt, the ref was looking straight at it!

And Henry was actually bursting forward and passing forward a lot there! :O

Best game I ever saw was still the 4-3 win against Leicester. How we came back to win that I will never know

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a game that was. Can't imagine what it was like for those there.

Was such a unique feeling, it really is my favourite away day, that feeling when Henry popped up from nowhere actually topped Millenium and that is going to sound absolutely OTT and stupid. I was going through a bit of a torrid time on a personal level at the time and maybe that is why it was so uplifting to me but god doesn't that just tell you what fine sporting moments can do.

Bully's last minute winner at Sheffield Utd back in 97/98 was a similar feeling.

Unsurprisingly, I love last minute feelings, but that one at Charlton tops everything for me.

wolvesinwales

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was such a unique feeling, it really is my favourite away day, that feeling when Henry popped up from nowhere actually topped Millenium and that is going to sound absolutely OTT and stupid. I was going through a bit of a torrid time on a personal level at the time and maybe that is why it was so uplifting to me but god doesn't that just tell you what fine sporting moments can do.

Bully's last minute winner at Sheffield Utd back in 97/98 was a similar feeling.

Unsurprisingly, I love last minute feelings, but that one at Charlton tops everything for me.

That bully one at Sheff. Utd was probably second in my list, the next morning I was walking through Hereford with my Wolves shirt on and a Wolves fan blew his horn and shouted Bully Bully, this was echoed by a couple who were passing by.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

K

Kelvedon Wolf

Amazing game, was at The Valley for it. I was sat in the Upper Tier of one of the Charlton stands with my Charlton supporting mate. How sweet it was... just unfortunate I couldn't celebrate the same had I been in with the other Wolves fans!

D

Dewsburywolf

Newcastle FA Cup game was another even though the ref tried his best to make sure the Prem darlings went through. The Bellendamy badge pointing moment as well. We'd parked up at the Little Chef (??) on the A38 alongside a mini bus with Newcastle fans on the way down & posed the usual "take it easy on us" comment. Not forgetting this was the spur that lead us on towards the Play-Off victory

C

cooper_J

What a game that was. Henry's last Wolves goal too.

I love Charlton away, great fans and we've got decent results there in the past.

A

Anglian Wolf

Here's the desktop link - I could watch SEB's second goal all day long .. magical

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2cE1N5_W5g"]Charlton 2 Wolves 3 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was also Hennessey's world class tip over from the free kick in that game

J

Jameswwfc

Derby away when we won 3-2, we were crap for majority of the game then up popped keogh. Wild celebrations

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell - I'd forgotten how good SEB used to be! It's all a confidence thing with him - he had the same body then that he does now; I just don't think he'd consider either taking on the shot for the first goal or the skill for the second at this present time - he seems to always want two or three touches now.

Totally agree, it's just confidence. He was in and out the team and missed the first month or so through injury (IIRC) in our first season in the PL. Second season he got his confidence back a little and to7 goals in something like 10 PL starts which is ridiculously impressive. Last season was pretty much a write off for him as he hardly started and most certainly didn't get any sort of run in the team.

Get his confidence back and he'll be the same player. SEBs not the sort of player to come off the bench and turn a game on it's head. Give him and extended run in a team that creates a respectable amount of chances even at PL level he'll score, his second season showed he can.

B

Bostin

Goosebumps

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1xrWjk_Ojo"]Karl Henry winner Charlton 2 Wolves 3 28Mar08 - YouTube[/nomedia]

S

spud3948

Still think the Playoff final takes some beating, there was New Years Day 1990 when we flew to Newcastle and Bully put 4 passed Budgie. Mark McGee up front for them.

Pity Halford never turned up when he signed for us (and he has been a complete kn0b since he has left)

manc_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
when i opened the thread, i thought you might be referring to the 5-1 vs Notts Forest !! I think that was 4 years ago this weekend.... lots happened since then....

I was a bit $$$$ed watching the charlton game, so only really remember the SEB goal, and the winner - but it was still immense... :)

C

CatManDoza

One of faves ever. I remember working at the crooked house, and when Henry scored the winner I silenced a whole restaurant celebrating! Good times

R

richiej95

Been some fantastic games the last 10 years or so.

Play-off final
Leicester
Charlton Away
Derby Away

Add to them all the giant killing wins against City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd twice.

Certainly been a good few years!

One of my fav games was actually one we ended up losing. That game we lost 3-2 to Blues when McIndoe missed a pen last minute was an incredible game!

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New Years Day 1990 when we flew to Newcastle and Bully put 4 passed Budgie (RIP). Mark McGee up front for them.

John Burridge is alive and well, and is currently working as a TV pundit.

W

we8wba

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyhgO_WcgR0&playnext=1&list=PL681D25A18905A0BA&feature=results_video"]Wolves vs Nottingham Forest 1999/2000 (Michael Branch goal!) - YouTube[/nomedia]

this game is the real game which "had it all"

C

Craddockinho

Here's my nomination:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLjkB7I0Thc"]FA Cup 02/03 - Wolves 3-2 Newcastle - YouTube[/nomedia]

Mol was ROCKING that day!

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

Arise, Sir Stephen George Bull

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyLwMzU0hAg"]Wolves 1995/96 - beating Birmingham - YouTube[/nomedia]

EDIT: And out of interest, who has scored more goals against us, Kevin Phillips or Paul Devlin?

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arise, Sir Stephen George Bull

Wolves 1995/96 - beating Birmingham - YouTube

EDIT: And out of interest, who has scored more goals against us, Kevin Phillips or Paul Devlin?

Paul Devlin's a $$$$. Played against him years ago when he was playing amateur football.

That game was incredible, Bully's celebrations in front of the Blues fans! I reminded him about that once, to which his response was "I know ar, $$$$ em!" Legend.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Derby away nicks it for me in terms of emotions as that's the day everyone really started to believe it was our year.

But yes, Charlton had it all and was a better game overall, better goals etc. Amazing feeling for the winner.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why doesn't Henry play like this any more?

thehistorymakers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
W

we8wba

god i used to love that 95 team

bully, tommo, deano, goodman

stuff of dreams!

T

Tom S

Been some fantastic games the last 10 years or so.

Play-off final
Leicester
Charlton Away
Derby Away

Add to them all the giant killing wins against City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd twice.

Certainly been a good few years!

One of my fav games was actually one we ended up losing. That game we lost 3-2 to Blues when McIndoe missed a pen last minute was an incredible game!

I know exactly what you mean about the Brum game, I remember coming away and just thinking what a brilliant game of football, not often you can be that philosophical after defeat.

The Newcastle cup game is up there and the Sheff Wed penalty win

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why doesn't Henry play like this any more?

Maybe he will now we are back in the Championship. Great ball from Keogh for the first goal too, and people seem to think he was awful !!

ourkid77

Groupie
Reaction score
Best game I ever saw was still the 4-3 win against Leicester. How we came back to win that I will never know

Does anyone have any links to the highlights from this game, cant seem to find anything on You Tube?

Back
Top Bottom