Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Feel like telling us about yourself?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
While we are short of Wolves topics, and following on from the Noka thread... I'll move this into OT as we get closer to the weekend.

Its all too easy to get involved in heated discussions with internet names, so how about putting some flesh on the bones?

Most of you know I'm Sue. I'm following in my Dad's footsteps as a Wolves supporter - he comes from Shropshire, but I am Welsh born.

My first Wolves match was a friendly away at Wrexham in the 1975-76 pre-season. First match at Molineux was against Burnley at the start of that season. Saw the vast majority of home games from then until around 2000, plus many away. Had several seasons as a matchday photographer.

Life has been badly affected by ill health for the past 25 years, finally resulting in my absence from live football - and most other things!

Away from football I'm an avid reader, keen photographer - especially of my two Jack Russells, and like music.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I am Steve :) Like you Sue I am following in my old mans footsteps, and his before him. My first game I attended was against the Villa in the late 50s. I will admit to first being brought up with going to the Wolves one week, Walsall the other (dependent on who was at home). This trend however stopped once I started going on my own.

From the mid 60s I have been there at Molineux throughout. I started off in the old cow shed but became a South Banker during our decline and the Bully years and literally have not moved from there since. I got a season ticket for me and my son in around 1991 and have renewed every season since. I have been to numerous away trips too.

I was originally from Willenhall and lived there until I met my wife to be Debbie when I was 23. Now live in Pelsall. Have three Children who I love dearly, two daughters and my youngest being my son who very much has followed my footsteps both in terms of football and in work.

Life outside of football is pretty simple nowadays really and I have the absolute pleasure of having 6 wonderful grandchildren too. I have my own family building company but don't physically work myself nowadays as much as I would like too because (and seriously, do not underestimate this) the gout I suffer from, however I still ensure work is being created, nowadays I am more of an Administrator so look out Jez ;)

Interests away from football? Still love my music from my day and age. The Beatles and the Jam most notably, this is music with real longevity so forget all today's stuff young lads.

Would be great to see Wolves become great again in my lifetime, but if not, I still treasure my days out at Wembley in 74 and 80, the UEFA Cup journey 72 and the Cardiff win in 2003 which I am not going to lie brought a tear to my face after all those years before previous, particularly the previous 12 months.

So there you have it, my lifestory!

O

oldwulf

Sorry your health is bad Mutchy and that you are unable to attend matches. I was born in Oxford but my family moved near W'ton in the 50s and my first live match was on 2nd Nov, 1957 when Wolves beat Forest 2-0 (Deeley and Broadbent), so I was privileged to see the great Wolves team of the 50s/60s. I have supported them now for 56 years and am aged 71. I fell away in the 70s because of the hooliganism and in the 80s because of family commitments and my own sport (athletics) but was prersent at the League Cup win at Wembley in 1974. Came back to regular live football in the 90s and was at the Millennium Stadium in 2003 and am now a season ticket holder in the SB.

I now suffer from Parkinson's but can still attend matches at the moment. I find it hard to get down to my seat because of wonky balance and have written to his highness JM about putting in hand rails similar to the ones in the new SC but answer came there none. I find the current young Wolves team one of the most exciting and enthusiastic I have seen and am thoroughly enjoying life in the 3rd division.

dingle01902

Reaction score
What a nice thread. I always assumed Mutchy was a bearded rotund bloke! How wrong one can be...

Im Mark aged 37. Grew up on Pendeford but now live in Hull. I got here via Leicester and Rugby.
Now divorced I have two young girls that live with me and Im trying to give them the Wolves bug.

I work as a trucker at weekends when my girls are at their Mums so it makes attending games more than difficult.

I stewarded in the SB for 10 years split between upper search and lower away fans pitchside. Prior to that I did about 5 years selling lottery in the South Bank with my brother Ian.

Currently training to be a Teaching Assistant in the hope of getting a weekday job when both the kids are at school thereby freeing up my Saturdays to come to the football.

My Cousin Andy got me into Wolves taking me as a teenager on the South Bank Terrace.
My first game was Stockport home in the fog January 1988 1-1 draw.
That same season my first away game was the Wembley cup final v Burnley.

The following season my hatred for Sheff Utd was established going to Bramhall Lane on the terrace to see us lose 2-0 on our way to successive promotions.

Last edited by a moderator:

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hi guys, im steve 48, married 7 mths ago to pat a scouser and a true pool fan. Second marriage for us both shes 54.Wolves fan for 41 years first game 1972 v everton at the mol. GOes when i can usually 5 or 6 games a season, money tight at mo so not seen the boys this season yet. Went to 1980 league cup final and2003 play off final. Fabricator welder by trade and outside of wolves like my music like walsall wolf, bought up in punk era and new wave and classic rock.Fave bands joy division , magazine and rush. Sorry to hear of old wolfs and sues poor health. Up the eolves!!

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
play bit of golf tho badly lol. and likes cricket

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Rob aged 56. Born in Penn. Grew up in Pattingham. Also lived in Pendeford and Oxley....and now Hereford!
Dad was a Wolves supporter. Granddad was a Wolves supporter.
My sister has been a season ticket holder for years.
My first match was Charlton at home around 1967 (2-0 win).

Mrs HW is an Arsenal fan but a fanatic Wolves fan when she comes to the games with me. She just loves football. Miss HW is 18 and also a Wolves fan.

Highlights - Sherpa Van / League Cup x 2 / UEFA Cup games (except Spurs away!). Had to miss the Millennium game but I was there in spirit! (Literally!!) / Beating Man Utd...what a night! / Our penalty comeback against Sheff Wed / Scoring five passed Arsenal in the snow.

I'm a Housing Officer in Herefordshire but looking forward to at least partial retirement in 3/4 years time.

I love Computer Games, Reading, Travel and doing nothing.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
like rob i also like gameing. call of duty is my vice on xbox and resident evil lol

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
interesting stuff folks.

Weirdly enough, I wrote my master's thesis about Zamyatin and worked as a researcher for an unfinished documentary about the great man!!

(That probably sounds a bit odd as the original comment seems to have disappeared, but I am fairly sure it was there.)

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Mark, aged 41. My nickname is purely because I'm a graphic designer/brand manager and work on Apple Macs (not cuz I'm a dirty old man). Followed Wolves since my uncle (who used to help run Telford Wolves back in the 80s and 90s) took me and my two older brothers to us against Telford in a friendly during the Emlyn Hughes era - think we had just won the 1980 League Cup. Went home and away regularly from 1984 till I got married and had kids - about 2000.

Live in Hollinswood, Telford. One son (14), and two daughters (12 and 3). My son hates the fact I went home and away all those years, yet me and him can only afford a handful of games a season now :(

Highlights - 1988 Sherpa Van win, also winning 2-1 at Rotherham and drawing 2-2 at Reading in the 1985-86 season. Odd huh?! Impressionable teenager so used to losing so these two games were amazing.

Enjoy my iPad, going to 'big' games at Wembley, bit of astronomy.

Oh, and i DID go to Chorley! All 3 games.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weirdly enough, I wrote my master's thesis about Zamyatin and worked as a researcher for an unfinished documentary about the great man!!

(sorry Joe) Just in case anyone is wondering why Joe mentioned Zamyatin, I did write a bio but deleted it.

---------------------------------------------------

Really? How on earth did you get into that?!?!

We, is one of, if not my favourite novel ever.

B

BigBadWolf

Hi I'm Josh, im 18 and live in the small town of Evesham. I've been a Wolves fan for aslong as I can remember and my first game was against West Brom I believe in the late 90s. I've had a season ticket for about 10 years and go with my dad and grandad who have had season tickets for nearly 20 years! I also Love away games and have been going to the Stile before every home game for about 5 years now, before that went in the Red Lion and the Ash Tree.

Higlights as a Wolves fan; Wards goal at Anfield, the whole Championship winning season, staying up on the final day, if I'm honest there are too many!

As for me, like others I love music and my taste varies, from anything modern such as Bastille and Zedd to some older stuff like The Clash, The Jam, Oasis, The Stone Roses, The Beatles etc...
I'm a huge fan of Only fools and Horses, Top Gear and An Idiot Abroad.

I love travelling and have been to some pretty amazing places in my short time thanks to my parents :D

Other things I love; The Lord of the Rings, fashion, Frankie Boyle, oh and Cider :D

R

robwolf

As the name makes it fairly obvious I'm Rob:D

35, married, living in Edgbaston with a mental Beagle X

I grew up all over the UK so wasn't really sure which team to support when I was younger, then when I was 7 my god father decided for me. He lives in Penn and said he didn't care what religion I was so long as I was a Wolves fan. At the time I lived in Stoke, so the options were Stoke, Wolves or Torquay(my old mans team). Thankfully I picked the right one!

I don't get to many games due to playing hockey at weekends and generally being too poor to afford it too much. Other enjoyments are PS3, cricket and MMA

Trill

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Names Andy, 20. Live in Telford for family home but Penkridge for Uni. My first game I barely remember but I think it was Burnley in the FA Cup in 2003 or something.

Was really into football in Junior school, although I embarrassingly admit I was a Man U fan back then despite majority of family following the old gold. But I changed over to wolves around the start of secondary school. But it wasn't until college that I really got back into football. First match in 9 years and it was Mick's last.

Now two seasons later I'm a debut season ticket holder. Love my music, I've fairly mixed taste but I prefer Progressive Metal/ Rock as a favourite (Dreamtheatre/ Eumeria).
Also have a love for games as well as reading (David Eddings, Raymond E Feist, Matthew Reilly) and currently studying Computer Gameplay Design and Production at University.

J

Jungleee

I'm jungleee, and I've just got in from Bestival and I no longer have any lips.

Just walked out to the shop in my Wolves hoody for some juice and chocolate for the comedown and received abuse from two sets of strangers and I've been walking 7 minutes.

Wolves are we not?!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm Andy! I'm 34 (still late-20's in my book) and live in sleepy Tring, Hertfordshire. Married my childhood sweetheart (on the day that Wolves appointed Mick) and we have two beautiful children, Jack (who has just turned 3) and Ellie (15 weeks).

I've worked for BP for 14 years and am currently a Compliance/Financial Analyst on their Trading Floor in Canary Wharf, London.

First made the 5 hour round-trip to Molineux with my Dad in 1986 so my first few seasons supporting Wolves were spent on the South Bank watching Bully smashing in 50 goals each year. Missed pretty much all the seasons from 1995-2005 due to playing on Saturdays (see below) then held a season ticket in the Billy Wright (shhhh) for all of McCarthy's reign up until the birth of my son. Wolves highlights are the Sherpa Van win, Division 4 and 3 Titles, the Championship under McCarthy and getting to meet Graham Turner, Bully, Andy Mutch and Keith Downing as mascot for our first game back in the old Division 3. Favourite players were Bull, Kightly and Fletcher.

Main hobby is playing football. I was with Watford's academy until the age of 16, where the current Wolves Manager would occasionally come and coach us. Never good enough to make it as a professional (Kenny was a good judge!) but have played at a reasonable standard. My claims to footballing fame are being my club's all-time record goalscorer (not too far off Bully's total) and scoring our first goal in the FA Cup.

Away from football, I'm into Cricket, Golf and Music. Favourite bands are Foo Fighters, The Killers, Blur and Arctic Monkeys, and I used to sing (and I use that term loosely) in a covers band.

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi Im Leigh, I am a man with a girls name lol (think my parents really wanted a girl).
Im 41 and my first Wolves game was in 1977, first season ticket in 1980 the grand price of £16.
Im married and have 3 children and a granddaughter, all Wolves fans as I do not allow any other teams kits to enter my home lol
Favourite players are Kenny Hibbitt and of course Steve Bull.
I was also at the Chorley game however it was only the home game.
Hobbies include watching and playing cricket, football(just about) and going on holidays throughout the year, carefully booking around games.
Favourite game has to be Play-off final, I just knew we were going to smash them that day, it was perfect!
Live in Tipton, surrounded by Sandwell Fans!!!!!
For a living I am an alternative investment consultant, mainly pension investments.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roj, 44 from Worcester. Married 3 daughters under 10.

Supported Wolves since I was about 4, first game around about then, my dad used to get me under South Bank turnstiles and hold me on a bar. Sat in old Waterloo stand, and Molineux Street - and enclosure.

My dad supported Wolves because his brother did. He did, because his older brother did too! and he did, as he saw the Honved game on TV on one of the few TV's in the village! My dad saw Wolves win the final in 74 - I remember him coming home late that night with his brother and how happy they were - even though I was only about 5.

highlights - 80's from about 87 onwards. Saw most of Bully's goals home and away.

best games - WBA away - last minute winner from you know who, Sherpa Van final. and of course play off final in Cardiff (enjoyed the last 5 mins, rest was stressed I think!!)

Dont go as much now - probably about 5/6 games due to work/kids/finances etc. Used to play football until I was 39 - until my knees gave up.

Would love to see us back in the glory days

T

Timbli

Hey I'm Tim, 23 years old born in Perth and I love balls! (sports)

However never really liked football growing up..no one I knew played it, and it had a pretty bad reputation as a pansy sport played by girls and foreigners. Until Australia made the world cup in 2006 that is..now it is the fastest growing sport.

I personally play Aussie Rules Football and still now at a decent level (perhaps at conference level if it could be related to UK football). Have never played association football so I choose to keep out of all tactical discussions on this forum.

My passion for football came in 2005 after watching Liverpool's come from behind win over West Ham in the FA Cup Final. I was hooked! But I'm no glory hunter; and Wolves were the perfect choice. I already owned a wolves kit that my uncle had bought for me, mum's family lived there, they had a cool logo, they were orange (I know..) like my hair :/, and they were certainly no glory team.

Fast track 8 years and I have seen Wolves play live 6 times. 4 times while over there in 2008 and twice when they came to Perth for pre-season.

Continuing on with the theme of me loving balls... I'm actually part of a football radio show on community radio here in Perth called Beyond Extra Time (www.beyondextratime.com), where I pretend to know what I'm talking about (classic radio skill), and get bullied for supporting Wolves.

I also run my own social sports enterprise... although a completely different sport.. It's called 1tier Rugby (www.1tierrugby.org) and basically we push for the growth of the sport international through the donation of rugby balls to developing rugby clubs around the world.

That's me and my balls!

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Jonathan, old enough to remember the UEFA Cup Final against Spurs, and a slave to the oil industry. Vietnam is one of my cushier assignments; I've been here on-and-off for about nine years now between assignments to South Korea and Melbourne. Before that was a succession of engineering offices and construction yards in UK and western Europe.

My private life is a complete disaster, and one too complex to contemplate explaining, particularly as my wonderful son Stephen is a fellow 'Mixer.

I've been obsessed with Wolves virtually all my life, commuting up from London with the London Wolves as a paper-boy, choosing Birmingham Uni because it was the nearest one to Wolvo that did Chem Eng, and then continued to travel up regularly throughout the dark days, Turner, Taylor, McGhee and then started travelling. Was one of the original posters on the Majordomo Wolves Mailing List in the mid eighties and a regular user of the premium telephone service "Clubcall" back in the day " 0898121103 welcome to Clubcall all the new and more from Molineux".

Really enjoy the banter and controversy on the Mix .. A wonderful invention :D

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the mix really is a genius inventon aint it? its addictive funny and downright anarchic at times when it kicks ofc lol. molineux way etc absolute garbage compared to the mix

S

shrewsbury_wolf

I'm James, a web/graphic designer that lives in (as you may guess!) Shrewsbury.

My first game was Aldershot away in '89. My early wolves supporting career was limited to games here and there due to my dad being in the RAF, but I have been a season ticket holder since the new SB has been built, I go to games with my dad (occasionally my brothers too) which has made the last few years bearable! :D

I've got a 15 month old son, that I can't wait to take to his first game, he must suffer like his old man!! :p

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Jonathan, 45yrs old, Dorking, Surrey born & bred, still single... bit of a waster really...

First game was away to Ipswich in 1978, lost count of how many times I've been to see Wolves away at Crystal Palace, used to be a good experience as a kid, not so great in recent years...

Love my music, been playing the drums (badly) since the mid eighties, been in all sorts of bands (rockabilly, garage rock, punk, mod) , played congas in a jazz funk band for a few years & was a techno dj in the 90's playing all over europe & producing records for a label in scotland.

Love history, love cult television & psychotronic movies, spent 15yrs coaching & managing football teams at grassroots, obsessed with collecting music & like the odd spliff.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can be found in The Stile before most home games. If you would like to know my life history come and introduce yourself. Contrary to popular belief I don't bite.

A

andyc225

I'm Andy, I'm 23 years old. I work as a glorified gambler for a hedge fund but I'm looking to get away from that to start my own business in the B2B finance world over the next few months.

My first game was some time in the early 90s. I can't remember exactly who it was against but I remember it being a night game. I'll ask my dad next time I see him, no doubt he remembers.

I enjoy running, real ales and travelling. I'm working on a degree part time through the OU and so far I've found it to be a worthwhile, rewarding pursuit. I'm diagnosed with autism so I struggle with most social pursuits. I'm much quieter in real life, honest.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi my name is James and im a alcoh ... Oh wrong thread :D

But seriously im James, im 19, I was born into a Wolves supporting family through and through. Currently work at Blakemores before i become a Copper ;), its a first job so im still some way off that but i have a pretty good idea how my future will play out fingers crossed !

My first game was Bradford at home in 1998, Bully scored IIRC his 300th goal ? someone might need to correct me on that one, Not been always well off so season tickets i couldnt really have i went to the odd few games every season, Got a half season ticket in promotion season in 08/09 held a season ticket for 2 years after before being priced out :( thats about it really !

I enjoy listening to music alot and going out with friends as i should be doing at a young age ;) I enjoying watching some of the US sitcoms, Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement How i met your mother etc. also big fan of the NFL my team ? The Falcons !!, And nowadays im on the lookout for a nice girl to come along and make me that little bit happier ;) thats about it !

Paris Wolf

Reaction score
Afternoon all. I'm Andrew, born in 1971, lived first two decades in Wolves, third in Paris (hence the moniker, which was my ALOB pen-name for 15 years or so) and now another decade in Switzerland.

Three kids - 13yo Thibault lives with his maman in Paris and is a staunch Wolves fan (but I also gave him PSG to fall back on - a long shot that started to pay dividends a couple of year and a couple of Qatari billions ago). Annelies (7) and James (5) enjoyed their first match last Boxing Day, even though the team in blue got three and Wolves got zero. I may well take them to the next JPT match as we'll be over for a wedding. Can't get the Missus to take any interest other than asking "How are Wolverhampton doing?" Invariably at the wrong moment as well...

I work from home as a translator and then as Drew as opposed to Andrew, I also travel to weird and wonderful locations as a tennis journalist and as a TV commentator on the obscure sport of sepaktakraw (which was on Eurosport 2 this lunchtime and the highlights show will probably be repeated quite often so keep an eye out). South-East Asian Wolves will be able to see me commenting on various channels down there over the next few months.

First match: 1-2 home defeat to Sheff Wed in the League Cup rd 2 in 1976. First win - four days later at home to Burnley, 5-0, Steve Daley scored from the half-way line. Was at Wembley in 1980 and 1988, Millennium in 2003. Plainmoor in 1989 (those late goals from Bully...!) and then Wembley in 90 for the 4-2 win over the Czechs.

I also say "Come on me babbies" at the start of every match I attend, even though the Black Country accent disappeared decades ago.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

I'm James or Jay as my mates call me!

I am 36 years old and have supported Wolves since I was a small child thanks to my Dad.
My brother, who also uses this forum, is also a huge fan and we have been to many games together home and away.

I used to work in criminal law at my dad's law firm but left as I suffered badly with depression and realised that office work wasn't for me.

I now have my own gardening business and wish I had started earlier as I love my job and working outdoors.

I like darts and cricket and I am also a massive fan of Game of Thrones.
I love a good curry and favourite tipples are real ale, Stella, San Miguel and Cider.

I used to go to most games home and away but haven't attended as many games as I would like to in the last few years. I hope to change this soon!

D

Deleted member 4152

Chris, 47 years young from Wednesfield... Married to a specialist nurse (rheumatology), 2 kids 1 boy 10 (Alex named after a certain bald headed midfielder), 1 girl 13 (01.01.2000, genuine millenium baby).

Transport Manager for a labour provider in Wednesfield and a Ski lift company in Geneva.

Big golfer, member at Oxley Park.

First game 1977 v Liverpool when they had just signed someone called 'Dalglish' not sure what happened to him!

Highlights: Sherpa, Cardiff, kennedy at Stockport. Many many other away games where we have had a good $$$$ up and laugh...

Musically, anything by Damon Albarn, The Clash were the best band ever. Big shouts go to The mighty Jam, Stone Roses, Kasabian, Kinks, Massive Attack...

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You will be so bored with this, you will not make it to the second sentence, I promise you.

My name is Paul King and I`m a Molmixaholic, there is no longer any hope for me, I`ve wasted years of my life on here. See it as a warning young `uns, get off it and get a life before you end up like me.

I`ve been following Wolves for nigh on for ever, and like a few other fellow oldies on here, I`ve seen it all, good and bad, so nowt surprises me anymore. I try to do what I can to help with the volunteer team, as I long to see us all back together as one, club and fans on the same side at least. It may happen one day you never know.

In the real world I own and run a small company that reconditions automotive water pumps for all models of classic and vintage car engines. Hence my stupid username.
Years ago I was in a drummer in a blues band for ten years or so, working for the same music agency as Slade, or the N`betweens as they were then. We were their backing support band and obviously no one came to see us, just the main act. Hence the reason we held the record of being able to clear a dance floor in less than 15 seconds.

Anyway thats about it, if you made it this far.

Great idea for a thread Mutchy, apart from this post that is.

P

Penk Wolf

Hi my name is James and im a alcoh ... Oh wrong thread :D

But seriously im James, im 19, I was born into a Wolves supporting family through and through. Currently work at Blakemores before i become a Copper ;), its a first job so im still some way off that but i have a pretty good idea how my future will play out fingers crossed !

My first game was Bradford at home in 1998, Bully scored IIRC his 300th goal ? someone might need to correct me on that one, Not been always well off so season tickets i couldnt really have i went to the odd few games every season, Got a half season ticket in promotion season in 08/09 held a season ticket for 2 years after before being priced out :( thats about it really !

I enjoy listening to music alot and going out with friends as i should be doing at a young age ;) I enjoying watching some of the US sitcoms, Big Bang Theory, Rules of Engagement How i met your mother etc. also big fan of the NFL my team ? The Falcons !!, And nowadays im on the lookout for a nice girl to come along and make me that little bit happier ;) thats about it !

Which side?

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am David, age 64. Attended regularly from early 70s onward, in the North Bank until my son starting coming with me when I switched to the Steve Bull. Stayed away for a few years whilst I was travelling with my job in the oil business, mainly in the 80s. Moved back to England in 1993 and moved to the Woburn area (a reasonable commute to London (where I worked) and Molineux plus next door to a great golf club). I bought STs for my son and I in the Billy Wright on the day that Dave Jones was appointed and relinquished mine just over a year ago following my retirement to Suffolk. A ST no longer makes sense as Molineux is now a 3 hour plus drive each way and I like to spend as much time as my bank balance will allow in warmer climes in the winter months. I play golf, walk, cook and travel these days. I like lots of different music although my favourite is bluesy rock e.g Bad Co, Gary Moore, Clapton, Lynryd Skynyrd etc. I liked the Stones, the Animals, Deep Purple, Led Zep, Rory Gallagher and Whitesnake when I was young. Highlights for me were the 74 and 80 finals at Wembley and the 72 UEFA cup run. Cardiff in 2003 was an emotional day out and the Sherpa Van final a fun day even though Bully did not score.

K

kapitiwolf

Hi I'm Gary born raised and schooled in Wednesfield now aged 66 [where have those years gone!]been a Wolves fan since the day aged 7 my dad and his dad took me to my first ever game at Molineux a 3-2 victory over Honved no less in 1954.Don't remember much about the game except the noise from a packed house was frightening to say the least.Dad bought me a rattle to swing around but never got to use it because of the crush.
Started going to the Mol with my mates in 1960 missed the Cup Final [gave my ticket to my gran]season ticket holder from 1962 to 1975 saw the good times and some bad times.Highlights for me the Richards/Doog/Waggy/ et al era wonderful times.Went to 1974 League Cup Final got home at 3-30am got told the time by my neighbour who put his head out of his bedroom window to tell me to 'shut the $$$$ up'.
Emigrated in 1975 to N.Z.and never regretted it apart from missing my beloved team now retired and spent the last 6 years been in and out of hospital with new hip,shoulder,and kidney recipient,awaiting my next appointment for a skin graft on a large leg ulcer.
Not allowed to fly long distance anymore so my games at the Molineux have now stopped for ever but thankfully I have this computer thing which keeps me up to date with not only the club news but also about you lot in cyber space.
Great thread Mutchy or should I say Sue,it has been a wonderful insight into my fellow and lady fans private lives and our very famous football club.
3 more points against Swindon please.God bless you all.

Back
Top Bottom