Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva watch

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scoring goals, assisting and getting MOTM at one of the best teams in Holland at only 20. If he’d come through our academy people would be falling over themselves talking about the special talent we have on our books. Cut the bloody negativity.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will never play for us again. I think his old man has a lot of say where he plays, and he didn't like the lack of game time.

I hope I am wrong because with the right players around him I think he could develop into a very good player.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might well get our money back.
MGW's successful loan probably added 10 mil to his value, Fabio's possibly more.
Hopefully Guedes too because we're well behind the curve on him.

Last edited:

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Outside the box yes he has movement but his movement in and around the 6 yard box have never looked great for us . He is not a poacher finisher either. Ings is . I will be amazed if Fabio is a hit in the premier league with us or anyone .
Spot on

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of instinctive movement? There’s plenty to knock Fabio for but his movement isn’t one of them, his movement is very very good.
Nope...his positional sense , in and out of the box , is not that of a decent striker...that's one of the reasons why he's playing where he is and not in the premier league

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m hoping that this isn’t a shop window style loan in his and his dads eyes but a loan to get himself ready to start for us next season.

Personally I would have had him back here in January but as long as he’s playing games, being rotation or forcing his way into starting places, I’m good with it.

How he does at PSV will be key to his career to some extent. He’s playing with better players in a better league so his runs are more likely to be found and his link up play is more likely to come off if he’s as good as we hope he is.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So far at PSV he has played a total of 195 minutes. In that time, he has a scored 3 goals and got 1 assist

Europa League 2 apps (58 mins), 1 goal, 1 assist.
League 4 apps (126 mins), 2 goals, 0 assist
Cup 1 apps (11 mins) 0 goal, 0 assist.

He has matured, started to build muscle and improved all around
Give him service and he will score.

Costa won't be with us next year and I'd be surprised if Raul will be, so Fabio and Sasa Kalajdzic will have to step up to the mark. If Fabio continues as he is at PSV then I'm confident that he will.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Highly unlikely a conrinental club will pay him what we probably are at his age. Coupled with the fee we would want I don't think he will leave this summer. He needs a good season in a top league, ideally with us, before he could consider a move.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad it's going well for him and a prospect for us next season but he won't get that amount of room in front of goal in the Prem. Goals will be much harder to come by as he has to step up a level (or 2).
Lol. What room? He engineered half a yard in a tight pack of players.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have not been a true believer in the past, but am delighted that he is doing so well at the moment. Wonder whether we will ever see him returning to Molineux?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the whole situation with Fabio is around patience. Certain element of fans had zero patience with him and decided he wasn’t even championship level, then there was no patience because he didn’t start immediately at PSV (no patience with either the club or Matt Jackson). When he came here he literally had a boys body and very little professional experience. Month by month his physicality is getting better and better alongside his performance levels.

I’m always bemused with a lack of patience with young players, the nature of the best is they’ll make mistakes and have dips in form. Having watched the 90s wolves teams of signing past it players just coming for a pay check I love the Fosun vision of developing youth.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So far at PSV he has played a total of 195 minutes. In that time, he has a scored 3 goals and got 1 assist

Europa League 2 apps (58 mins), 1 goal, 1 assist.
League 4 apps (126 mins), 2 goals, 0 assist
Cup 1 apps (11 mins) 0 goal, 0 assist.

He has matured, started to build muscle and improved all around
Give him service and he will score.

Costa won't be with us next year and I'd be surprised if Raul will be, so Fabio and Sasa Kalajdzic will have to step up to the mark. If Fabio continues as he is at PSV then I'm confident that he will.
Imv JL is building a side to get us back into Europe next season (I expect that was part of the deal, both for him to come here and the Club). There is absolutely no way Sasa and Silva, both inexperienced in the Prem, will be our 2 strikers next season. If they're here, and that's questionable, I think they'll be back up to our big summer striker signing.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why do people on here who express a different view get insulted? - 'you don't have a clue about football'. At least Bryce expressed a view on Silva which is more than you did!
Bryce’s “view” was nearly as moronic as your “he won’t get that much time in the premier league”

Yeah, because no striker has ever had time in the premier league.

*Looks at the goal Sarabia scored against fulham*

He’s just negative about Fabio constantly, you’re just negative about wolves constantly.

It’s all a bit pathetic to be honest.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imv JL is building a side to get us back into Europe next season (I expect that was part of the deal, both for him to come here and the Club). There is absolutely no way Sasa and Silva, both inexperienced in the Prem, will be our 2 strikers next season. If they're here, and that's questionable, I think they'll be back up to our big summer striker signing.

They may well be a no 2 to a new striker, but I think Fabio at least, will be pushing to get into the team. If he continues on the same path he is on at the moment, then he may well be the equivalent of a big summer signing. The Fabio playing for PSV is so much better than the one that was at Wolves, and he is getting better all the time. As for Europe, he's already scored and provided an assist in less than 1 hours play for PSV in Europe.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bryce’s “view” was nearly as moronic as your “he won’t get that much time in the premier league”

Yeah, because no striker has ever had time in the premier league.

*Looks at the goal Sarabia scored against fulham*

He’s just negative about Fabio constantly, you’re just negative about wolves constantly.

It’s all a bit pathetic to be honest.

The irony is that Silva has already that "that much time" in the Premier League, the chance against Newcastle, the one against Leicester, 1v1 against Villa, both goals against West Brom. He's often getting himself into space.

Both seasons with us Fabio had the highest xG per 90 of anyone in the squad, so getting into goalscoring positions was never the issue.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think this has been done a few times over the years, but just having a quick look at what similar players were doing at Fabio's age (20). I've tried to exclude players with pace as an asset and focus more on the late-maturing complete forward:

Kane - had just finished a loan spell at Leicester and was just starting to break into the first team at Spurs
Vlahovic - had broken into the first team at Fiorentina and scored 6 in 30
Nunez - playing for Almeria in the Segunda division
Lukaku - breakthrough season at Everton, scoring 15 in 31
Toney - on loan in League One, scoring 6 in 19 for Shrewsbury
Seb Haller - playing in Ligue 2 for Auxerre, scored 0 in 8
Scamacca - playing for Ascoli in Serie B
Mitrovic - playing for Anderlecht in the Belgian League
Lewandowski - playing in the Polish league for Lech Poznan
Benzema - breakthrough season in Ligue 1, scoring 20 in 36
Firmino - second season the Bundesliga, scoring 7 in 30
Morata - 2 in 12 for Real Madrid first team
Immobile - playing for Grosetto in Serie B
Ben Yedder - 1 in 9 in Ligue 1 for Toulouse
Wilson - on loan at Tamworth in the Conference
Ings - on loan in the Championship, scoring 3 in 30
Weghorst - just starting out for Emmen in the Dutch 2nd division
Jimenez - first season in the Mexican PL, scoring 2 in 18
Costa - on loan at Albacete in the Spanish second division

Realistically you're only looking at Lukaku and Benzema who were definitely ahead of him at this stage, and Lukaku had physicality well beyond his years. So only really a Ballon D'Or winner. Could argue Mitrovic as he'd have outscored Fabio in the same league for the same side, but his Anderlecht finished 3rd and the current side are 11th. Similarly could argue Firmino and Vlahovic, but an 18-year-old Fabio scored 4 in a season for us so 7 and 6 in 30 games is hardly miles ahead, and I don't think slightly behind those at this stage is anything to be ashamed of. Most of them are well behind him, but they all ended up being top players.

Not that this means anything as players do develop at different rates, but you're looking at 3 or 4 years still before he anywhere near the finished article (Nunez is 23 and still very raw) and maybe 10-14 (judging by guys like Benzema and Giroud) before he is at his peak. As I say, players do progress at different rates and it may be that he never gets any better than he is now, or only develops into a lower-level Premier League striker. But in terms of pure 'current ability' at his age, he is doing very well.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think this has been done a few times over the years, but just having a quick look at what similar players were doing at Fabio's age (20). I've tried to exclude players with pace as an asset and focus more on the late-maturing complete forward:

Kane - had just finished a loan spell at Leicester and was just starting to break into the first team at Spurs
Vlahovic - had broken into the first team at Fiorentina and scored 6 in 30
Nunez - playing for Almeria in the Segunda division
Lukaku - breakthrough season at Everton, scoring 15 in 31
Toney - on loan in League One, scoring 6 in 19 for Shrewsbury
Seb Haller - playing in Ligue 2 for Auxerre, scored 0 in 8
Scamacca - playing for Ascoli in Serie B
Mitrovic - playing for Anderlecht in the Belgian League
Lewandowski - playing in the Polish league for Lech Poznan
Benzema - breakthrough season in Ligue 1, scoring 20 in 36
Firmino - second season the Bundesliga, scoring 7 in 30
Morata - 2 in 12 for Real Madrid first team
Immobile - playing for Grosetto in Serie B
Ben Yedder - 1 in 9 in Ligue 1 for Toulouse
Wilson - on loan at Tamworth in the Conference
Ings - on loan in the Championship, scoring 3 in 30
Weghorst - just starting out for Emmen in the Dutch 2nd division
Jimenez - first season in the Mexican PL, scoring 2 in 18
Costa - on loan at Albacete in the Spanish second division

Realistically you're only looking at Lukaku and Benzema who were definitely ahead of him at this stage, and Lukaku had physicality well beyond his years. So only really a Ballon D'Or winner. Could argue Mitrovic as he'd have outscored Fabio in the same league for the same side, but his Anderlecht finished 3rd and the current side are 11th. Similarly could argue Firmino and Vlahovic, but an 18-year-old Fabio scored 4 in a season for us so 7 and 6 in 30 games is hardly miles ahead, and I don't think slightly behind those at this stage is anything to be ashamed of. Most of them are well behind him, but they all ended up being top players.

Not that this means anything as players do develop at different rates, but you're looking at 3 or 4 years still before he anywhere near the finished article (Nunez is 23 and still very raw) and maybe 10-14 (judging by guys like Benzema and Giroud) before he is at his peak. As I say, players do progress at different rates and it may be that he never gets any better than he is now, or only develops into a lower-level Premier League striker. But in terms of pure 'current ability' at his age, he is doing very well.

Good accurate analysis... but the only real comparison that needs to be done is between Fabio a year ago, and Fabio now.

The improvement in all areas is clear to see. If he keeps on improving, he could potentially have a very, very good career... maybe even as good or better than some of the players you list above.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling he will never play for us again. I think his old man has a lot of say where he plays, and he didn't like the lack of game time.

I hope I am wrong because with the right players around him I think he could develop into a very good player.
That’ll be why he signed an extension to his contract then…!

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope...his positional sense , in and out of the box , is not that of a decent striker...that's one of the reasons why he's playing where he is and not in the premier league
Always wonder when you or northnorfolk post whether they've actually cracked it and made a braille keyboard, because it is clear neither of you actually watch football.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always wonder when you or northnorfolk post whether they've actually cracked it and made a braille keyboard, because it is clear neither of you actually watch football.
Probably watch a lot more than you, the difference is I watch it with , knowledge, experience and an open mind ...do you?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sick burn

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Errrr why don't you stick to the footballing topic in question??!!!!
You question his positioning ability (and to be fair all his ability) but it's objectively one of his best features.

I just find it curious that you are so anti-Fabio.

He will be a huge asset if we can stay up

Back
Top Bottom