Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Dyche or Nuno - Now

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t see much in the last 15 games of last season, but I respect your opinion.

I'm on about setting a standard in training and having players that actually want to play for us and will fight for 3 points. We should've got some in along with our signings in the summer.

Missing out on Craig Dawson was massive!!

T

TheConcourse

I'm on about setting a standard in training and having players that actually want to play for us and will fight for 3 points. We should've got some in along with our signings in the summer.

Don’t know enough about what happens in training tbh. I’d like to think there’s enough, but then that would mean I’d have to trust Sellars has been at least competent in one area of the football club.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Go for it, I’ll listen to your 5.

You’re getting offended about a meme. Didn’t even call you out. And btw, I never said it would be the end of problems if Nuno came back.

Whoever comes in is walking into a total **** show.
Not offended per se, just think it's childish. You need to Name 1 manager who has done well in his 2nd stint first.

If Nuno coming back won't end our problems, it's a pretty pointless appointment! Its what we need the new manager to do.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely deluded.

As for Dyche, he’d hate the gutless ****ers who make up our “greatest ever squad”.

I would take Dyche just so as to ****-off the so-called senior professionals at the club.

If Jonny got in a tizzy because Lage made him play goal in training, can you imagine what he would do if Dyche told him not to bother showing-up for training?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would take Dyche just so as to ****-off the so-called senior professionals at the club.

If Jonny got in a tizzy because Lage made him play goal in training, can you imagine what he would do if Dyche told him not to bother showing-up for training?
I’d like Dyche to come in and two foot the bunch of ****s.

Jonnys bored? I’m bored watching you be ****ing ****. ****ing retire you ****.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Exactly the kind of no nonsense manager we need ACT NOW JEFF AND SCOTT!!

T

TheConcourse

Not offended per se, just think it's childish. You need to Name 1 manager who has done well in his 2nd stint first.

If Nuno coming back won't end our problems, it's a pretty pointless appointment! Its what we need the new manager to do.
Based on what?

You’re asking me to do something pointless, because every situation is nuanced - the optics are different everywhere.

Mourinho went back to Chelsea and won a Premier League - the next season was a disaster.

I’m not going to sit here and justify why the greatest manager we’ve had in decades should return because some bloke on the internet likes to trot out tired old cliches.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely deluded.

As for Dyche, he’d hate the gutless ****ers who make up our “greatest ever squad”.
Just the bloke we need then. Time we stop making excuses for the prima donnas and show ponies who currently make up our squad. They're a disgrace to the shirt.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
David Moyes
Jose Mouriniho
Mourinho's 2nd stint at Chelsea was not better than his first. Lower win rate, less trophies and fewer seasons!

Moyes I'll give you. So in response Mourinho(as above), Dalgleish, Keegan, Kendall and Coppell.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just the bloke we need then. Time we stop making excuses for the prima donnas and show ponies who currently make up our squad. They're a disgrace to the shirt.
He wouldn’t last 5 minutes with this spineless bunch of ****s. No doubt folk would turn on him not the untouchable players.

T

TheConcourse

Mourinho's 2nd stint at Chelsea was not better than his first. Lower win rate, less trophies and fewer seasons!

Moyes I'll give you. So in response Mourinho(as above), Dalgleish, Keegan, Kendall and Coppell.
So because 4 people have failed it’s an impossible task?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And why can’t that be Nuno?
Ive already answered that, because more often than not managers in their second stint don't perform as well.

He also doesn't have his on pitch leader to rally the troops. Coady and Nuno were a huge part of each others success.

T

TheConcourse

Ive already answered that, because more often than not managers in their second stint don't perform as well.

He also doesn't have his on pitch leader to rally the troops. Coady and Nuno were a huge part of each others success.
I’d say Coady was a beneficiary of Nuno’s system. No doubt they helped each other, but Coady isn’t irreplaceable.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say Coady was a beneficiary of Nuno’s system. No doubt they helped each other, but Coady isn’t irreplaceable.
Agreed, but who's it going to be from this squad? The core of his 1st xi are gone, over the hill or injured. He's not walking back in to the loving arms of the same group of players.

T

TheConcourse

Agreed, but who's it going to be from this squad? The core of his 1st xi are gone, over the hill or injured. He's not walking back in to the loving arms of the same group of players.
He isn’t, you’re right, but conversely he’s the type of pragmatic figure that knows we’ll need to become hard to beat.

Feels like we can sign another experienced CB in January to transition back to a 3 in certain moments.

It’s a complex mess right. Very tough to understand precisely what’s going wrong.. or right.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
How many times have we seen teams over achieve with a manager, think that's their level and then change their manager to 'kick on'. What always happens? They go back to being rubbish and get relegated. That's us and Nuno
Think it's known as "doing an Alan Curbishley". Charlton have never reached the dizzy heights of the top half of the Prem since.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m actually a fan of Dyche and think he’s unfairly maligned. He’s good at getting the best out of people - a bit like Mick McCarthy in that respect - but Dyche versus Nuno - it’s Nuno all day long and by a country mile. Easily the best manager at Wolves in my lifetime who had one bad season out of four for entirely understandable reasons imo. Properly support Nuno on the footballing side and bring in his old coaching team and, hell, I think we might even get to 40 points

VAR OUT

Groupie
Reaction score
I agree with him. At this point, we need a stop gap that can keep us up and then we can set our sights on whatever else is needed.

Big Sam knows Molineux is poison though. I don’t think he’d even accept the challenge.
Christ !

Dyche maybe.

KnowNuttin

Reaction score
Neither would take the job now anyway... We've apparently already spoken to Nuno's 'representatives' and Dyche has been signing on for months. So, with Jeff's 'no suitable candidates available' bullshine, he's managed to alienate those two and anyone else who may have been interested.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither would take the job now anyway... We've apparently already spoken to Nuno's 'representatives' and Dyche has been signing on for months. So, with Jeff's 'no suitable candidates available' bullshine, he's managed to alienate those two and anyone else who may have been interested.
Big Sam the Wolves fan

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. Quite why they said that was baffling.

Just say Davis will stay in charge. By adding the ‘no outstanding candidate’ they effectively ruled out everyone who was available at the time and if they turn to one of those it brings questions and criticism. So stupid.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
Hard man Dyche, used to getting what he can out of a side short on skill but big physically.
What’s he going to do with our powder puffs. Good **** kicker I reckon.
He will already have looked at our lot and if he is asked the answer will be no way. Who in their right mind would come to try and turn this rubbish round?

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Don't think we have the right players for Dyche. They aren't tall enough

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tbh I reckon Big Sam and a £15mill January budget would easily keep us up. We aren't as **** as we look- we just have no leadership and not enough aggressives *******s.

He bought Yokuslu and Diagne into West Brom. Do the 2022 equivalent for us (plus a genuine Big Sam-certified centre back) and we would stay up with plenty of room to spare.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither were my first choices but we're in that desperate of a situation that we need a Manager in now who can get us organised and be given the WC break to implement his style. We are far too easy to beat, the first objective needs to be to get us organised from the back and then develop from there. We can't wait any longer or until after that break, there's a chance we'll be cut adrift by then.

React to the situation and act accordingly Shi. Do your job for which you're no doubt handsomely paid.
I do not know about Dyche or Nuno but I agree with the overall thrust of your post. If money was the issue Shi needs to realise pdq that one hell of a lot more dosh is at stake than a decent coach/manager’s salary if we are relegated.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have a feeling Dawson will come in January.

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
However s**t we are at the moment all is not lost.We badly need a manger to instill confidence and a proper set up to play to our strengths+ add 2 new strikers in Jan. The W.C will be a blessing giving us time to reset.We aren't that bad just very short on confidence, 2 wins and this table is so tight you jump 6/7 places.However we do need a manager now unless they have an agreement with someone for Jan. Time will tell

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely would take Dyche now. I'm intrigued to see what he could do with better resources. He certainly wouldn't take any **** from the slackers at this club.
I said we should consider Dyche as soon as Lage went.
Even if he’s committed to sticking to his 442, so what? That can produce brilliant football with good players.
If only Neto was fit to play left wing I think we’d have a pretty good set of players for the system.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also do not agree with the notion our player couldn’t take to him.
I imagine he is a manager that gives players clear concise instructions as to what is expected, I imagine he is very much a manager who puts round pegs in round holes.
All players appreciate these things, especially when the going is tough.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
So frustrating. Feels like we are screaming into the void wanting some action to be taken. We all know that we can't just limp along into being relegation certainties by Christmas with Davis at the helm. We all know we need a manager along with his backroom staff to grab the club by the balls and lift the standards throughout the club (personally, I think that man should be Nuno). However, we also know that Shi has made his mind up about the path to take until January and won't change. We all know that Shi hasn't got the gumption or character to swallow his pride, or change his mind, and bring in Nuno or another manager, who can change things.

So frustrating. Every day, the more we find out, things seem worse than they were the day before.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
:) Nuno.

Mentioned in another thread that under him, I was always confident before every game we could take points from anyone.

Haven’t felt that way since he left.

And if we go down, he knows how to get out of that league.
He might as well bring Helda Costa with him as well:)

Back
Top Bottom