Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Doc

D

Deleted member 5910

In an ideal world, Doc will be one of the better players for a Spurs side who disappoint and finish several points behind Wolves.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He shouldn't be chasing that back. He is out of the game. It would be burning energy for the hell of it.

All about opinions but:
1) he was not in line with the LB, had he been, he would have been in a better position to get the ball
2) he was closer to the ball than richarlison. If richarlison can bust a gut to get it, then why can't doc. Doc had a headstart on richarlison too.
3) it was a Tottenham player doing a suicidal ball, so neither him nor richarlison were particularly anticipating it
4) he was way too wide, widest player on the pitch, whether this was by instruction, I don't know, but had he been more narrow like his counterparts he would have been better suited for it.

At this point, Richarlison has ran half the length of the pitch by the time its taken doc to waddle his way back to the half way line, and when the ball was played it was obviously going into the LB position. Really disappointing for Doc not to even bother showing for it.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In an ideal world, Doc will be one of the better players for a Spurs side who disappoint and finish several points behind Wolves.

In an ideal world it would be “ Doc being one of the better players for a Spurs side who were disappointed at finishing 2nd behind Nunos Wolves, with Docs replacement Corona winning player of the season”

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess it was your typical Doherty performance yesterday.
A threat going forward,and not good enough defencewise.
In a lacklustre Spurs team,I certainly believes he hold his own yesterday,but I do fear his weakness in defence could cost him his starting place further into season.
Way I see it we owe Doc nothing,and vice versa.
He is spurs nowadays,and I´ll regard him as such.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I recall one away game last season when he was warming down. Might have even been espanyol when his name was chanted. One game in ten years

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems spurs fans are actually saying Doc was their best player and their most attacking option.

Think Moutinho is definitely missing a trick not utilising Doc to his full potential playing him as a wingback

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems spurs fans are actually saying Doc was their best player and their most attacking option.

Think Moutinho is definitely missing a trick not utilising Doc to his full potential playing him as a wingback
Ah you can't go blaming our Joao :)

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The old has gone and the new has come. Doc won't last long at Spurs in that set up. Perhaps we could buy him back for £2m as cover for Nélson Cabral Semedo?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats far worse than the clip that's gone around of Semedo being fooled by Davies in the Barca v Bayern match.

Lawley Wolf

Reaction score
Selling doc to spurs in the manner we did is making more and more sense to me...
Makes us much more attractive to a big time player (Semedo) , who knows they will definitely go into our RWB starting 11 uncontested
&
Wipes out the only other prem team that would challenge us for big time RB player

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a read of a Spurs forum earlier. Lots of moaning about him already after their Europa League game and his game today. Didn’t see it but considering they won 5-2, he must have had a shocker. Seen that clip of his being skinned silly.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel sad for both Matt and us.
Spurs will never give him the chance to get the best out of him as Nuno did.
We will really miss his goal threat. [Seven last season?].

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a footballing point of view the transfer was a bad one for Spurs and especially Doherty personally.
Matt will never again reaches the heights he did with us especially during the season 18/19.
As right back,I do think he has always been Championship standard(not even that early days with us).

It was a strange transfer,can´t knock Doherty for wanting to make more money towards the nearing end of his career topflight..but I really cannot understand Mourinhos thinking that Doc is up to it playing rightback.

It is for them to worry about.

R

reanswolf

Unfortunately they think he is not very good it seems.....................

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Given how "good" he was for us as a fullback l'm unsurprised with those comments if he's being used as such. Notably it's not only our fanbase which has it's share of folk with zero patience.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely unfair to judge him playing anything other than RWB. He's not a premier league quality RB in a million years and yet he's being played there.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely unfair to judge him playing anything other than RWB. He's not a premier league quality RB in a million years and yet he's being played there.
Not even sure that he's a Chump level RB.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adoration over silverware would hypothetically be more important for me, but i accept most players would not see it that way.

Get the feeling that’s why Jiménez is still here, after such a patchy, bench-warming European career.
Means an awful lot to some players, less so others.
(The trusted starting place as well, not just the adulation)

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pretty much what I expected to be honest. The same might well happen with Jota, although to a lesser extent as I think he is a much better level of player. Our system suited both players and, to be honest, might have been designed for Doherty.

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
shouldn't a " right wing back " be able to play "right back " easily ?? surely its all part of the same job . doc is getting found out , thats all it is .

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get the feeling that’s why Jiménez is still here, after such a patchy, bench-warming European career.
Means an awful lot to some players, less so others.
(The trusted starting place as well, not just the adulation)
I think it's playing a big part. He was essentially a bench warmer for club and country between the ages of 23 and 27, in 12 months he became the main man for both - and he's loving it. Some (many) players in his position would still move for the extra money, we're very lucky in the sense he seems to value playing above getting paid more (not that he isn't handsomely paid anyway!)

‘if I could triple my pay I would mind being a benchwarmer
Spurs aren't paying him £150k a week, he will be on more than when here but he hasn't tripled the £50k a week that we were paying him

Last edited:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they play him at RWB he’ll be a great signing for them. £15m isn’t a lot to Spurs and if he gives them two good seasons they’ll see that as a solid deal.

He was a great servant for us and a particularly good player the past three seasons so it’s a little sad seeing him in another shirt. What does soften the blow is the fact we’ve got the prospect of Semedo replacing him.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As much as I liked him here and I didn't want him to leave, he's made his bed and he can lie on it.

Sounds harsh maybe but I ain't supporting no Spurs player, unless he's playing for England and that ain't going to happen.

D

Deleted member 4152

Indeed

why did mourinho buy him then? Bizarre

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given how "good" he was for us as a fullback l'm unsurprised with those comments if he's being used as such. Notably it's not only our fanbase which has it's share of folk with zero patience.

That is balanced by our fans who could see his strengths and weaknesses and knew he'd disappoint Spurs fans if played as a RB rather than RWB. People moaned about the fee but if there's only one bidder the price is inevitably low, and we're already seeing why there was only one bidder.

R

reanswolf

Genuinely sorry for Matt. As others have said, he is a wing back not a right back.
Doesn’t seem like Mourinho recognised that.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is balanced by our fans who could see his strengths and weaknesses and knew he'd disappoint Spurs fans if played as a RB rather than RWB. People moaned about the fee but if there's only one bidder the price is inevitably low, and we're already seeing why there was only one bidder.
Agreed. I told a Spuds supporting mate Doc was hopeless as a FB but as an attacking RWB...

Back
Top Bottom