Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms thread.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Disappointing result. Palace are no better than us. Comically bad defending. Nothing in the game but make errors and you’ll get punished.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We won’t be the first team to lose a game away from home. I was quite encouraged by how we played in the first half. I’m surprised at the defeatism from many of the otherwise lovely forum contributors. I don’t see how it helps morale. Perhaps I’m too old-fashioned…
Spot on. Poor performance and we lost 3-2. It happens. We got humped 6-0 and 5-0 under the messiah last season.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might have done but otherwise he was again so slow and unable to use the ball effectively, apart from the one shot he had…
I thought he was our only threat.. can’t think of anything we did attacking wise that didn’t go through him.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm dreading this season to be honest. Like rabbits in the headlights. If it wasn't for Sa we would gone down 5 or 6 today and they were poor by PL standards. Our new signings are going to have to light the place up.

Westbakejazz

Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things it isn't that bad a result, palace is a difficult place to go to. Some good things about the performance, particularly how well we won the ball back in midfield but it was worrying how tired we looked defending for the totally defendable 3rd goal.
Good that Cunha got off the mark, but really the game was dead at that point. We need to be more positive in the final third.
It really isn’t a tough place to go. Any half decent team would of put palace to the sword

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole defence deserve to lose a week’s wages after that!

Decent first half and nice to score twice away for the first time since Southampton, but to concede three that easily is absolutely unacceptable.

Nelson again for two of the goals was disgraceful and he needs dropping. Pablo and Pedro both created virtually nothing and once again, why are so stale in hitting in it a good position?!

The phrase “stick it through the laces” needs drilling in the lads. Headers are nice, but all 4 goals being off the feet is extremely worrying.

At least we are creating more and scoring more, with 8 goals scored in these last 3 games and nice to range a scorers too.

Hope those not on international duty get given double sessions in training and hope we give 5 at the back a go, considering how Tuesday went.

Let’s hope Liverpool on my Birthday is better and P.S: the Ref was 90% incapable and hopeless. He needs dropping!
Agree are we getting too many billy big footballers

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry to much yet palace away , never been to fruitful two weeks to bed in new signings and reset

Lots.of bad teams this year as you can see already from the league

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to get worse, this team is way worse than the one that was rock bottom when Bruno Lage was sacked and I'd say lage was a better manager than Gary O'Neil. Fosun have seriously messed up here, no amount of cheap players in the last day of the transfer window will make a difference now. How fosun/shi can gamble that 3 teams will be worse than us after they have ripped the guts out of the club is beyond words.
Of course Lage was better. He'd coached some of Europe's finest young players for years, won the league and managed more games.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won’t be the first team to lose a game away from home. I was quite encouraged by how we played in the first half. I’m surprised at the defeatism from many of the otherwise lovely forum contributors. I don’t see how it helps morale. Perhaps I’m too old-fashioned…
Trouble is many Mixers think that they are better at management than Pep.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept. When was the last time we got anything from palace? Up there with Brighton as a bogey team

Move on swiftly.
Nothing to do with it being Palace. It’s to do with the way we let a team waltz through our defence twice in the space of five minutes. Same as against Brighton.

Can’t afford to keep giving away two or three goals in quick succession.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For large parts of the game we played quite well.
We need to move on with some optimism.. ;)

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus wept. When was the last time we got anything from palace? Up there with Brighton as a bogey team

Move on swiftly.
So that's 10% of the league as our bogey teams so far... Palace & Brighton.

Rather than swiftly moving on, I'd prefer if we lingered and maybe tried to learn lessons rather than "superstition, let's move on".

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lick our wounds and move on….

Change formation back 4 exposes us like a league two defence would

Must change formation

We keep making the same mistakes and never learn back 4 doesn’t improve us
Sa
Doherty Bueno Dawson Kilman RAN
Lemina Gomes
Cunha Sasa Neto

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For large parts of the game we played quite well.
We need to move on with some optimism.. ;)
Yesterday I said to the Everton ST holder who works for me, in response to their situation, that during our previous relegation seasons we'd had hard luck stories every week.....

Guess what we are now seeing....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So that's 10% of the league as our bogey teams so far... Palace & Brighton.

Rather than swiftly moving on, I'd prefer if we lingered and maybe tried to learn lessons rather than "superstition, let's move on".
Too bloody right... I fear that the "lesson" is likely to be that we are too open and it will be back to defensive boreball....

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus, so many managers, so many transfer windows and we still can create or score ****. So many managers, so many transfer windows and we still don't have an experienced, goal scoring centre forward in the starting 11.

Should have made signing one a priority for the window - if Sasa gets injured we're ****ed.
I think the difference between the two teams was in the aggression of the attackers.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cunha with the third, jumping and its in off his shoulder

Must have needed to get a good 4 inches off the ground to make contact! Good cross, an inch higher and it would have been over Cunhas head and Sasa would have had to crouch to head it in. :)

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And a few before that, after Jimenez's injury really. And you could argue we should have already had a senior backup striker when Jimenez was still fit.
Indeed,,so how come we can see it yet experts can't ??

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the difference between the two teams was in the aggression of the attackers.

It was definitely the attackers. Though I think probably the overall quality of them more than anything. They didn't even have Olise today. But Eze makes up for it. Speed of thought as much as anything else. Movement off the ball. Precise passing. All of it better than our forwards. And not just today, which leads me to believe our forwards can't do anything more.

Not totally hopeless, as I think Cunha and Neto can do better when better players around them. But in all those things you need to create good chances, Fabio, Sarabia, Gomes, Lemina ,Semedo etc all very poor. Bad decisions, bad final pass, running into blind alleys etc.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was definitely the attackers. Though I think probably the overall quality of them more than anything. They didn't even have Olise today. But Eze makes up for it. Speed of thought as much as anything else. Movement off the ball. Precise passing. All of it better than our forwards. And not just today, which leads me to believe our forwards can't do anything more.

Not totally hopeless, as I think Cunha and Neto can do better when better players around them. But in all those things you need to create good chances, Fabio, Sarabia, Gomes, Lemina ,Semedo etc all very poor.
I thought Lemina played well. Gomes seems to be one game good one game bad but that is probably to be expected from him at the moment. Sarabia meh, Semedo's performance was very Semedo. Some good tackles, a few nice touches but oh look nothing remotely penetrative and questionable defending for the goals.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to do with it being Palace. It’s to do with the way we let a team waltz through our defence twice in the space of five minutes. Same as against Brighton.

Can’t afford to keep giving away two or three goals in quick succession.

The last Palace goal came about because we needed to chase the game. If we'd turned promising situations during the first hour or so into decent chances, we wouldn't have been chasing the game. The main problem is still our lacklustre attack. All the media reports I've read are talking about our impotent attack creating next to nothing, compared to Palace (Eze especially) being able to create real chances.

If we take a lead and go in 1-0 at half time - which would be the case for any half decent attack at this level - the whole game changes. Defenders go the extra yard to defend a lead, midfielders back to help out rather than staying up to try and get back in when you are a goal down. Opposition leaves gaps to exploit...if you have the players.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Lemina played well. Gomes seems to be one game good one game bad but that is probably to be expected from him at the moment. Sarabia meh, Semedo's performance was very Semedo. Some good tackles, a few nice touches but oh look nothing remotely penetrative and questionable defending for the goals.

Yes, I thought Lemina played very well defensively - he nearly always does. Just offers little getting us forward. Agree on Gomes, for young players form is invariably all over the place. Again, defensively he's much better than attacking wise. And that is probably why our attacks go out wide so much, and then you have someone crossing to attackers (Fabio ,Cunha Sarabia) who just don't play like that.

And yes, Semedo offers so little going forward, its' no surprise. Though it is surprising that Doc didn't get on at some point, especially at a goal down. He has a bit of a record of snatching those late goals when needed.

Back
Top Bottom