Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace v Wolves comms. thread.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted we lost that. 5 minutes added was a joke and he couldn't wait to blow for full time.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That sums us up. 20 seconds to go and we decide the best thing to do is to ping it from fullback to fullback then back to the keeper.
I think it was Moutinho. And then the receiving player was under pressure and had to go back.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Awful result but a few positives to take from the performance.

Shows again that you have to have pace and physicality in the side. Looked incredibly small and slow after the three subs.

Add a fully fit Neto and Raul to that starting side ahead of Costa and Podence and we’d be ok.

As it stands though, can’t help feeling that this season is one that ends in relegation.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
30 seconds left and we go back to the keeper.

45 minutes of optimism thoroughly erased.

Hasn't got mentioned much on the comms, but Bueno was excellent, probably the only real bright spot.

Failure to take our chances and having no legs to sub on cost us.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Showed alot more attacking intent but still lacking that killer instinct and its killing us. Biggest positive is undoubtedly Bueno, has to start against Leicester

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, a lot of negativity on here, and obviously the second half performance was worse than the first, but that was still the most attacking threat we have shown for months, and that in itself gives me some optimism.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
30 seconds left and we go back to the keeper.

45 minutes of optimism thoroughly erased.

Hasn't got mentioned much on the comms, but Bueno was excellent, probably the only real bright spot.

Failure to take our chances and having no legs to sub on cost us.
Absolutely. Bueno very good.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutless, spineless, rudderless dog ****!!!
We're bang in trouble and frankly I can't blame any decent coach worth their salt, for not wanting to take this job on!!!
It's criminal what Shi and Sellars have either done or allowed Bruno to do to this squad!
Not a leader amongst them!
****ing raging!!!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This team has got a losing trait to it and I’m really struggling to see how we get out of this without splashing another £100m on attack minded players and some ****ing strength and pace somewhere.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So much to like in the first half .
But if you don’t invest in goal scorers you can’t win .

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Weak.

Weak team.

Outmuscled.

Subs killed us!

Nunes whilst not playing great, has legs and strength… something Moutinho and Hodge do not have.

Traore had to come off as he was on a yellow … but we literally stripped the side of 3 of our most energetic and strong players for 3 service station toilet roll sheets!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see a way out of this
Me too. When you look at the Palace forward options compared to ours it's quite frightening. You knew we would not get a 2nd goal even if we played till Xmas. If we can't score we are in very, very serious trouble. With Neto out we have no, and I mean no, decent forward options. Podence flatters to deceive, Traore looked good tonight tbf but he'll most probably be **** on Sunday and for the others, God help us.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves much better this year against a very good palace side. Excellent game of football, draw would have been fair result.

Good performance, excellent debut from Bueno.
Agreed. Overall in spite of the result I thought it was a good game.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be honest how many of our players would start for Palace, 3? Just because we’ve spunked a lot of money on Portuguese players doesn’t make them any good.

All that money, and shown up by our Under 21's. Something really strange has happened to Guedes. They've sent his identical non-footballing twin over. Because he looked decent last season, this Guedes looks like a competition winner who would struggle in the West Midlands league. Or opponents were bribed to let him score last season, as part of a scam to milk money out of us. I don't know what, but it's almost surreal how bad he is.

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
Poor subs. and made too early. No backbone or fight in this team. A new manager of quality is needed yesterday. A big struggle ahead.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re so easy to beat. Dig in for a point and that would have been ok.

Bueno excellent, everyone else lacking. Summed by that ridiculous Moutinho pass in the dying seconds.

Subs killed us.

Think that’s about it. G’night lads.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If only that Neves FK went in. Oh well is what it is, just makes Leicester game even more crucial than it already was.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be honest how many of our players would start for Palace, 3? Just because we’ve spunked a lot of money on Portuguese players doesn’t make them any good.

A few of them have hardly got started for us.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Awful result but a few positives to take from the performance.

Shows again that you have to have pace and physicality in the side. Looked incredibly small and slow after the three subs.

Add a fully fit Neto and Raul to that starting side ahead of Costa and Podence and we’d be ok.

As it stands though, can’t help feeling that this season is one that ends in relegation.
I would alter that to a fully fit Neto and Raul ahead of Hwang and Guedes..

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Substitutions cost us. Poor poor second half and we're in big trouble this season
I thought that was a much improved performance. Bueno was excellent. We showed more fire and determination than we ever did under Lage. Adama seems to care once more.
Maybe Davis and Collins have installed a bit of League One grit into them.
I feel a lot happier tonight even though we lost.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Class game. Bit unlucky in that result. Very impressed with Bueno. Guessing traore can't be fit. Don't think Hodge is ready yet.
We looked dangerous all game. Hit the post, Diego should have scored. We'll be fine.
Thought that we should have a peno, yeah it's unlucky but it was his arm sticking out that stopped it going into the box.
There was a good fight.

blaenboy

Reaction score
Think Amsterdam Wolf has brought a bit of balance to the thread. Some over emotional responses to the final whistle. Yes we are in trouble, but that was not a bad performance and there was a lot of effort put in. Our failure in the opposite penalty area is our major problem and Guedes certainly does not look like an answer to it. Palace are a strong side and we gave them a tough game. We really could have done with a point but it is a bit early to panic so much.

oldgold4ever

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m guessing Adama still isn’t fit enough for 90 minutes. No way you’d take him off otherwise.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do have to say I think there are some really over the top negative posts here tonight. Thats the most attacking I have seen us all season, I quite enjoyed the game (not the result).

I dont think anyone could be accused of a lack of fight, Bueno is a definite find - great engine too. Both Traores looked good, Guedes for all the stick hes getting put in three cracking crosses in the brief time he was on. It’s disappointing but this isnt one of the performances that I would get annoyed about this season - this wasnt the **** that I travelled to West Ham to see.

Billy's Boots

Reaction score
Our players all look small & weak, and they play like that as well. We win the ball but with a little strength from the opposition they get it back again far too quickly. We just can’t hold off teams, we’re not strong enough.

Back
Top Bottom