Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Come on you Wolves!

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we've played our first three games since the restart and you could say things are progressing well.

I bet I am not alone in thinking about what might happen next. It goes without saying that 6th place plus last 8/4 of the EL would be amazing - yet we have something much bigger in our grasp. Fosun originally said 3 years to get up, which we have blown out of the water - and our progression since promotion has been amazing to see.

I've felt over lockdown that Wolves would come back as well (or better) than anybody else, given the total professionalism of the squad and staff (MGW blip aside). 3 wins, 3 clean sheets and 9 points. Yes, we have beaten poorer teams - but we've managed the games brilliantly, conserving energy and striking at exactly the right times. It is no accident.

The second block of three games (Arsenal, Sheff Utd, Everton) will undoubtedly present more of a challenge. But would you back against us in any of these games in a one off? I'm not sure what points we will come out with, but if we can be right in the mix going into the last block of three games it could be we have the momentum (presumably with United) for the final shootout(s).

From a wider Wolves perspective - Champions League qualification would propel us onto the next level. Clearly, anything could happen and we go out to some minnow - but given our focus and recent EL experience I cannot imagine the club would allow that to happen. We've had plenty of talk about Nuno, plenty of talk about Raul, Adama and Ruben. Sure - one day we may lose a player (or a coach) - but CL qualification would hugely help in that regard. One of the fastest improving teams in Europe, with a coach who has 100% backing of the owners and a track record in developing players to become superstars. From a recruitment perspective, it would help tremendously. There were reports last year that our value as a club had exceeded £300m - with CL qualification it could potentially get to £500m (Covid apart). Things like pressing the button on Molineux redevelopment, and properly being able to get the Dias' of this world in become a lot more clear cut at that point. Aston Villa are going to go down , West Brom are going to be doing their normal PL thing, Wolves can become undisputed top dogs, the main Midlands team and lay down a marker for years to come. I appreciate some of that is happening now, under our current projectory - but CL qualification moves us onto another level - presumably well ahead of plan.

Over the years we have argued about Berra or Mancienne, Maierhofer or Iwelumo, Thelwell or Moxey, Jemal Johnson or Craig Davies, Kenny Jackett or Steve Davies. It can be a little disconcerting occasionally with our recent success, and you have to be grateful for what we currently have. But if the staff and squad can push it a little further, Wolves can explode as a club very quickly. Of course, it is a huge shame we are having to watch these games on TV, and not be part of the game or the atmosphere. But that is temporary. When we get back - Wolves could be Champions League club. Imagine that. Imagine the transfer windows and the things Fosun can do then. Imagine how Nuno can achieve everything he wants here, how all of our star players (made in Wolverhampton) will want to be on that ride.

We've put ourselves in an unbelievable position - based on the past two seasons, never mind the past ten. I really really hope we can get ourselves over the line!

Up the Wolves!

Last edited:

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just hope this doesn't come back to bite you after the next 3 games.

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you trust Nuno take it one match at a tme:)

DEVIZESWOLVES

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not that I wish injury on any player, but...

Attachments

• D28BF274-426C-4ECE-9995-BF4B3001559E.jpeg
    D28BF274-426C-4ECE-9995-BF4B3001559E.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 74

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I got quite emotional reading that.

Wolvesaywe

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. The prospect of qualifying for The Champions League is just mind boggling ... but we are in with a realistic chance of doing this.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn´t really matter to me..Premier League or the old division four.

Arsenal or Aldershot..it`s all the same.

If we win matches..then I feel good James Brown..if not..heaven´s know I´m miserable now.

It is what it is...and it never changes.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well the BBC may be agreeing they have named Us v Burnley as the last match they showing live

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun originally said 3 years to get up, which we have blown out of the water
Fosun got us promoted in 2 seasons. Their objective was probably to get us promoted in 1 season but saying what their true objectives were would have added unnecessary pressure and been counter productive.

Over the years we have argued about Berra or Mancienne, Maierhofer or Iwelumo, Thelwell or Moxey, Jemal Johnson or Craig Davies, Kenny Jackett or Steve Davies. It can be a little disconcerting occasionally with our recent success, and you have to be grateful for what we currently have. But if the staff and squad can push it a little further, Wolves can explode as a club very quickly.
Wolves has always been a fantastic club. I never doubted it even when we were down in division 4. The 1988 Sherpa Van Trophy proved how big Wolves were regardless of division. Our rightful place has always been in the top flight. What frustrated me more than anything else was the apathy that had developed in our fan base due to many years of underachievement where many thought be belonged in the championship and thought we should be grateful to Moxey for keeping us solvent. Remember the many many "Be be careful what you wish for" threads on Molineux Mix. Lets hope we can push on into the Champions League but if nothing else this spell of relative success should open the eyes of Wolves fans under 50 to our clubs true potential.

Back
Top Bottom