Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Whether we receive £1,2 or 3 M it is change down the back of the sofa in comparison to what clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd get
Fosun aren’t daft and I am sure this is a sprat to catch a mackerel and they will see it as a perfect opportunity to maximise financial gain through other avenues alongside this deal.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Decent post day with all the new shirts landing at my door, including the Bukta home and away.

The quality on the Bukta shirts are unreal, I’m so pleased with them. If the Castore news is true, with a tailored approach we could have some amazing kit next season.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent post day with all the new shirts landing at my door, including the Bukta home and away.

The quality on the Bukta shirts are unreal, I’m so pleased with them. If the Castore news is true, with a tailored approach we could have some amazing kit next season.
Is it just me that thinks if they can put these retro kits out for £35, usually better quality, then why are we being charged nearly double for the current shirts?

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Is it just me that thinks if they can put these retro kits out for £35, usually better quality, then why are we being charged nearly double for the current shirts?
The Bukta ones are apparently great quality being produced by the company themselves but for me the other retro shirts on sale arent better quality than the playing shirts wether it being adidas,puma, burrda etc. Many times I've been excited about a retro top launch only to decide against buying it when seeing it in the club shop.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it's accurate I can only assume Wolves think they can make up the shortfall by producing their own range of leisure wear or partnering with another company to produce it. I'm guessing the deal with Newcastle includes the playing kit and the rest of the retail rights.
I presume so as well. Fosun may well have the ability to cut manufacturing and distribution deals in places like China and the US, and generate a much larger share of the sales revenue than the current deal, and have more control over the outlets the shirts are sold through.

If so, the comparison of £1m vs £3m is apples and oranges as Fosun/Wolves will have a much larger share of the value chain than with Adidas . Who knows, Fosun may also consider buying the company or setting up their own sportswear company at some point.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume so as well. Fosun may well have the ability to cut manufacturing and distribution deals in places like China and the US, and generate a much larger share of the sales revenue than the current deal, and have more control over the outlets the shirts are sold through.

If so, the comparison of £1m vs £3m is apples and oranges as Fosun/Wolves will have a much larger share of the value chain than with Adidas . Who knows, Fosun may also consider buying the company or setting up their own sportswear company at some point.
This

BigSteve

Reaction score
Give me quality all day but, for me, this is tacky application of a derivative logo.
Yeah it's not great.

Maybe this is just me, but take away the feathers and it looks like a thong.

edit: Also, 210 EUR for a sweatshirt?! I might pass on that...

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was thinking they are trying to copy the Aston Martin one
I don't mind the logo at all. If and it's a big IF, they produce some quality gear I'll be pleased.

If they live up to the hype (admittedly their own hype) it could be quality. If as I strongly suspect, the quality is lacking in order to satisfy a lower price point then we'll all be very annoyed.

I personally think the logo would look good as the main sponsor. Could that be on the cards?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I don't mind the logo at all. If and it's a big IF, they produce some quality gear I'll be pleased.

If they live up to the hype (admittedly their own hype) it could be quality. If as I strongly suspect, the quality is lacking in order to satisfy a lower price point then we'll all be very annoyed.

I personally think the logo would look good as the main sponsor. Could that be on the cards?
Or maybe Aston Martin as the main sponsor.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score

I've never been a fan of having the kit supplier as main sponsor aswell. I think it looks like "we couldn't get a sponsor so got the company who makes the kits to do it as a last resort!"

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

May see Sure as main kit sponsor.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of having the kit supplier as main sponsor aswell. I think it looks like "we couldn't get a sponsor so got the company who makes the kits to do it as a last resort!"
Who cares about perception, if they're offering the most then let them sponsor the shirt.

Would look far better and be more ethical than a bookies or pay day loan lender.

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Think it's unlikely. Sure already have training kit deals with half a dozen Premier League clubs. That seems to be the way they're going.
Yeah I've noticed that. Dont know if it was on here or a Facebook chat that I said I knew Sure had tie ins with other prem teams but not for any clothing sponsorship apart from with us .... next game Roy Hodgson was in the dugout at Molineux with Sure emblazoned on his Palace managers coat!

Last edited:

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score
Who cares about perception, if they're offering the most then let them sponsor the shirt.

Would look far better and be more ethical than a bookies or pay day loan lender.
I know where you're coming from but there is no suggestion that they are interested in becoming the main sponsor.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So...I'm late to this thread...
Who does he play for? Is he any good? Will he sign?
;)

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They could announce the ban but it would need to be announced ahead of time i.e. If it was announced this year I would expect the ban to take effect from the start of the 22/23 season or the end of current contracts, whichever is the latter.

They couldn't force the termination of a commercial contract between two private companies if that contract was entered into in good faith and in compliance with the rules operating at the time.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep seeing the title to this thread and thinking its a new signing!
Enzo Castore, 17 year old ball playing centre back heavily tipped to be joining Juventus in the summer. Set to make his full debut for the Azzuri in March after an incredible breakout season for Fiorentina, and hoping to star for Italy at the Euro's.

West Ham and Wolves are also rumoured to be interested.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Their brand exposure has suddenly risen due to Rangers’ success.

I read an article about them today (in cityam, I think). They are an ambitious brand, no doubt about it. One of the owners said they are definitely in the Premier league next year.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Noticed this morning they’re making Sydney Roosters jersey this year (NRL - Australian Rugby League).

442822.jpg

Always been a ‘busy’ shirt whoever the manufacturer has been, but some of their other stuff looks good. Notice they also do women’s shirts, unlike Adidas.

w-away-jersey__04146.1611541337.jpg

442561.jpg

443473.jpg

travelpolo__83810.1611539248.jpg

m-hood__05236.1611541759.jpg

Back
Top Bottom