Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Captain for the season

D

Deleted member 4008

I have not heard anywhere who is going to be captain for the season. Will it be a foreign player that Stale brings in ?. Or do you think it will be one of Henry or Ward . If they don't jump ship to .

B

Big George

Karl Henry and Kevin Doyle were sat either side of the management on the team photo, make of that what you will...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Up until last week's outburst, I fully expected it to be Henry and was advocating either Berra or Kightly for Vice-Captain. Shows what I know!

Still think it will be Henry as I'm not too sure who the other viable options will be. Ward? Doyle?

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Henry - rights the wrong of having it taken away from him last season

D

Deleted member 4008

The outburst from Henry could have ruined his chances. But I don't see many obvious players to take the armband for a full season. Doyle and Ward possibly but Doyle was not in great form last season. Johnson I doubt will get it in case him and the Pole go on a session so Henry looks the one for me at the moment. It would be brilliant if Stale could get a Dewolf type player at the back .

D

Dee Wolf

Henry. I don't blame him for the outburst. Wears his heart on his sleeve

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stale had a good long talk with Henry yesterday after training and the captain is ment to be annoucned today

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Wasn't Fletcher's name mentioned before the pre-season matches started?

If Fletch does stay, his recent reported antics won't have helped his case for team captain.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

crasm98

Fletcher seemed to be odds on but now he wont be. Will be KH all the way....or maybe RJ?? ;)

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Is there a surprise candidate in the squad who Stale might make captain?

He may consider someone else above KH and RJ.

D

Deleted member 4008

I did hear one rumour that because of injuries with Ikeme and De Vries wanting to titanic that Pat Mountain may come out of retirement and don the old gold and black .

S

spud3948

Gotta be Karl Henry. Jody won't play often enough (if at all), RJ had his chance.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did hear one rumour that because of injuries with Ikeme and De Vries wanting to titanic that Pat Mountain may come out of retirement and don the old gold and black .

He did play in goal yesterday:rolleyes:

The_Ned

Reaction score
Probably going to be Henry. Kites and Berra are off, Roger isn't really a possibility, O'Hara's broken and Craddock isn't going to play much.

D

Deleted member 4008

Good call James, but I think he may consider the one player he knows best.

Our new Pole to create a goal, Peszko.

If Peszko gets it I really think a few more players could be heading out the door. Look at when Johnson got the captaincy , there were rumours of unrest. I think Henry may leave if Peszko gets it .

I think it will be Henry though.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Nash‏@TimNash1
SS said Karl Henry to captain #Wolves 2mrw against Aldershot. But he said a decision will be made in next 3 wks over permanent captain.

Risky ?

M

moli

SS said Karl Henry to captain #Wolves 2mrw against Aldershot. But he said a decision will be made in next 3 wks over permanent captain.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Karl's going to captain tomorrow but Staale has said no decision over the permanent captain has been taken yet. Said a decision will be made within 3 weeks.

Also that Jarvis will play tomorrow & Fletch will be training again on Monday.

S

SimplyTheWolves

In the next three weeks.
May mean the new captain will arrive during that time?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder whether a new captain will be arriving in the next three weeks!

B

BigBadWolfie

Sounds like it will be Henry unless Staale signs the captain he wants in the next 3 weeks

F

FLEET WOLF

Overseas players should have decent level of English if to be considered for Captaincy.

Whilst I agree with that, if other clubs used the decent level of English requirements for captaincy, John Terry would never be captain of Chelsea, whilst Desperate Dan Rooney would have absolutely no chance of ever captaining Man Utd!

Back
Top Bottom