Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Canada....this and that.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
July 1st. is Canada Day. Here are some things you may not know about Canada.
Inventions.

Insulin
Electron microscope
Java computer language
Kerosene
Pacemaker
Electric wheelchair
Jetliner
Odometer
Screw propeller
Automatic post sorter
Electric organ
Gramophone
IMAX movies
Standard time
Telephone
Television camera
Wilkie Talkies
The zipper
Egg cartoons
Snowblower
Trivial Pursuit
Paint roller
Lawn sprinkler
Green ink, (for money).
Mahogany gaspipe
Instant mashed potatoes
Electric stove
Plastic garbage bag
Lightbulb, ( Woodward invented and sold the patient to Edison in 1874 but Swan is probably first).
Plexiglass
Peanut butter
Canola oil
Undersea cable
Quartz clock
Basketball
Acetylene
A.M. radio.

That’ll do. Some on the list may not include the full story or credits. I took these from
Top 100 Inventions Made in Canada.

Anyway, Happy Canada Day on Monday!
upload_2019-6-28_19-47-34.jpeg

Last edited:

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a fantastic list of inventions you have mentioned but exactly what type of " electric organ " do you mean ? ;););););)

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love my country. Proud to be Canadian.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t you also give us Justin Bieber? Any chance you could apologise?!

Nah, Happy Canada Day!

Alanis Morisette, KD Lang, Avril Lavine, Shania Twain, Anne Murray, Nelly Furtado, Neil Young and Bryan Adams. Rock bands Steppenwolf, Rush and Nickelback all in my view excellent.

So how could a nation who gave us all those ( I realise you are only a youngster Jade and are probably thinking who the hell are some of those ! ) then go on to inflict Justin Bieber and in my opinion the worst whaling noise in the history of music on humanity, I am talking about Celine Dion !

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alanis Morisette, KD Lang, Avril Lavine, Shania Twain, Anne Murray, Nelly Furtado, Neil Young and Bryan Adams. Rock bands Steppenwolf, Rush and Nickelback all in my view excellent.

So how could a nation who gave us all those ( I realise you are only a youngster Jade and are probably thinking who the hell are some of those ! ) then go on to inflict Justin Bieber and in my opinion the worst whaling noise in the history of music on humanity, I am talking about Celine Dion !
As much as I don’t care about Celine, she is much easier on the ears than that country singer , Shania..

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Norman Bell

You mentioned a few older bands...you ever heard of these guys....circa ‘69
Crank it up

one more

Last edited:

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry Vancouver for your apparent vision impairment, but in my case (at least with the two aforementioned ladies), the eyes overrule the ears.;)

Shania Twain in that leopard print she wore in " That don't impress me much " or in that white shirt, top hat and a black fishnets in " Man I feel like a woman " always get my attention ! ;);););)

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgot to mention in my list of great Canadian singers, Joni Mitchell.

Also " Oh Canada " is a wonderful anthem.

I have been lucky enough to visit British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario would love to go again one day.

Love how basic good manners have not died in Canada.

I am not anti American and indeed have never had a bad experience there yet I can tell a Canadian that I live in the South West of England and they know immediately where I am where as Americans are very insular and they tend to think we all live in London ( mind you so do the current and far too many previous Governments in this country ) I met many Canadians in BC and Alberta who have driven across their country to Ontario and further ( same with people from Ontario doing it the other way ) Where I was taken aback was how many Americans have not even been out of their own state !

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forgot to mention in my list of great Canadian singers, Joni Mitchell.

Also " Oh Canada " is a wonderful anthem.

I have been lucky enough to visit British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario would love to go again one day.

Love how basic good manners have not died in Canada.

I am not anti American and indeed have never had a bad experience there yet I can tell a Canadian that I live in the South West of England and they know immediately where I am where as Americans are very insular and they tend to think we all live in London ( mind you so do the current and far too many previous Governments in this country ) I met many Canadians in BC and Alberta who have driven across their country to Ontario and further ( same with people from Ontario doing it the other way ) Where I was taken aback was how many Americans have not even been out of their own state !
It is incredible that American do so little travelling.....even people who can afford it. Travelling broadens the mind or lack thereof in this case.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is incredible that American do so little travelling.....even people who can afford it. Travelling broadens the mind or lack thereof in this case.

I remember having a conversation with a lady in Dulles Airport Washington DC and I had seen far more of the States than she had. Now I have seen West Philadelphia, Watts and South Central LA and other poor parts where they have really have not got two cents to rub together and cannot afford to go anywhere. My point is this lady from what she and her kids were wearing was not short of a dollar yet they had not done much travelling at all.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happy Canada day tomorrow, to all you Canadians on here. Hope you all have a great time.

Scott in the Sand

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What is it they say?

When you’re born you join the freak show.
If you’re born American you get front row seats.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did. I don't get what you're trying to point out. I don't really know what we've invented nor do I actually care all that much lol
A mahogany gaspipe? ..... no such thing.....an old Irish term .....just a bit of BS.
Just threw it in there and see if anybody was paying attention....lol

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A mahogany gaspipe? ..... no such thing.....an old Irish term .....just a bit of BS.

I didn’t bother reading because I know that you lot invented Moose Head beer. Worst hangover EVER

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah no idea what that is so it meant nothing to me. You could have made up the entire list (except basketball) and I wouldn't have known lol

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blackberry and Will. E. Am. ****. Ner.

Made some consistently strange videos I enjoy the NFB app.

Happy Canada day.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Happy Canada Day. I shall be in Ontario for a few days from Friday as a bit of a flying visit to see family. Wonderful country which I've been lucky enough to visit many times (and as a result have become a Blue Jays fan). Shall raise a belated glass for Canada Day.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Baffles me too

They don't even need to go overseas such is the diversity of climate and environment and abundance of stunning natural beauty, nevermind the many great cities. There is something for everyone

I'd love a few months there in a mobile home. Very high up on my bucket list

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Norman Bell , @GoldenHorseshoe , @Hawkguy ....

Did you read my list of Canadian inventions? Maybe read them again.....slowly......lol
I knew a few, I think you made a few up:D
Anyway I hope you all had a great Canada day.
I started the day with a nice bike ride, fantastic weather, and me in my Canada day spandex:eek:. Finished off with BBQ, beer and fireworks. :)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I knew a few, I think you made a few up:D
Anyway I hope you all had a great Canada day.
I started the day with a nice bike ride, fantastic weather, and me in my Canada day spandex:eek:. Finished off with BBQ, beer and fireworks. :)
The only invention that is fake is the mahogany gaspipe. Yeah we had a great day too. I have a fantastic park 3 minutes from my door and the events yesterday were great, 2 sound stages, tons of events for all ages and finished with fireworks.

W

WasStefan

The American bashing on this thread has been top notch. Fair play

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Below is a pic of Oliver,B.C. Beautiful country. Just stayed there for 2 nights on way back from wedding.Best fish and chips we ever had. No grease at all on the halibut and fries. Perfect.
Wine country and we forced ourselves to tour and taste the different samples and buy about 45 bottles. I was wearing my plain white golf shirt with the Wolves logo and in one vineyard one chap about 35 told me his dad was born in Wolverhampton and still is a huge fan who lives in Fort Langley.( near Vancouver).
In another vineyard another guy ( Liverpool fan), was saying how good Wolves are.
In a Calgary mall, at two different stores, an assistant in each place recognized the logo.
At breakfast in the hotel a Mexican guy, of course knows who Raul is and loves the mask he wore at Wembley.
Remember, there are not many football shirts from any clubs around here, let alone in very small towns, and Calgary, although a city, is not football oriented.
Just loving these Wolves times.

upload_2019-8-17_12-18-16.jpeg

Last edited:

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Canada had done nothing more than give us Neil Young and Joni Mitchell I would still be grateful.

Back
Top Bottom