Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pointless entering into a discussion with you. You are like an old fashioned 78 record stuck in a groove.
Ironic you should call me a stuck record when your only argument is to point at the league table

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ironic you should call me a stuck record when your only argument is to point at the league table
It’s a pretty good argument when you’re discussing a football team capabilities.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a pretty good argument when you’re discussing a football team capabilities.
Not when you have xg and x? to judge performance, league position after 30 games is irrelevant in the scheme of things, particularly as it shows we're over performing.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not when you're evaluating how a team is playing though and what a manager is doing in games.

Solskjaer finished 2nd last season, ahead of Klopp and Tuchel with an arguably inferior squad to both. Yet many would argue he's not even a PL standard manager

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We concede chances at a rate of a defense lower than ours. Can Sa keep playing at this level? Our xg is very low last month or so, not sure what numbers you are looking at.

Sustainable meaning I don't believe we will continue not conceding goals and winning 1-0 over long term.
Your logic is infallible but it is possible that we could concievably continue doing what you doubt we will.

Why take that risk though? We clearly need a more mobile midfielder, who can break the lines and add options to our attacking play, as well as a striker. Lage needs backing if we're even going to sustain top-half PL football.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your logic is infallible but it is possible that we could concievably continue doing what you doubt we will.

Why take that risk though? We clearly need a more mobile midfielder, who can break the lines and add options to our attacking play, as well as a striker. Lage needs backing if we're even going to sustain top-half PL football.
I’m not yet convinced that he’s the man that can do that regardless of the next transfer window.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are so many simply not adult enough to take a defeat?

So much hindsight. If we’d have brought on an extra midfielder and lost Bruno would be caned for being like Nuno for trying to play out a game. Conversely Chuck a forward on and he’s tactically naive. Ultimately Leeds found a bit of momentum after some scrappy goals and a poor sending off and won. It’s football, get over it.

I wonder how many were questioning Lage’s ability at 2-0 up. Every time we dare lose a game it’s “the players are woeful, the managers out of his depth” it’s pathetic

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Taken podence and trincao off for silva and cundle. Played 531.
Yes, that's what I might have done too. It would have left us with no subs left and 40 mins left to play though. Also more chance of holding the ball up, but less chance of counter attacking.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tactics seemed fine, we actually had a lot of the ball and didn't seem overloaded at any points.

It was the atrocious defending and keeping that cost us.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't know why people want to make the 'blame' so binary, as I see it, it's a catalogue of errors.
1st...terrible decision by Friend which leads to us losing our sh##.
2nd....our players should not be panicking so badly, especially the experienced players.
3rd....Lage has to be more pro active after the sending off and make the right changes.
If any of the above are dealt with properly, we don't lose that game.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I might have done too. It would have left us with no subs left and 40 mins left to play though. Also more chance of holding the ball up, but less chance of counter attacking.
We’d of still had 1 sub left as we got an extra one due to their concussion sub.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tactics seemed fine, we actually had a lot of the ball and didn't seem overloaded at any points.

Yep, Ait-Nouri for the first, Sa and Saiss for the second, Boly looked like he pulled out of the third. Complete head loss.

Our staff were getting involved in shenanigans with their counterparts even when we were 2-0 up as well, just played into their hands. Lot to be learned both on and off the pitch.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely this. If I said it resembled something you would see on Hackney Marshes on a Sunday morning then I think I would be doing a disservice to Sunday league defenders.

- Leeds First. RAN's awful misjudgement of the flight of the cross compounded with Saiss' right-footed mis-hit back into the goal
- Leeds Equaliser. Letting Dan James get behind Boly and ahead of Jonny, then compounded by another Saiss 'clanger of a clearance'
- Leeds Winner. Less said the better....

Just watched it again and it's still as painful and demoralising to watch. I hope that Bruno is doing the same to them this afternoon on the Team analysis.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our staff were getting involved in shenanigans with their counterparts even when we were 2-0 up as well, just played into their hands. Lot to be learned both on and off the pitch.
Yes, that didn't look good for us, either. Leeds turned the match into chaos, which suited them, not us. Funny how Bielsa was famous for this, thought a new manager would be restoring sanity. But if anything, their new manager has got them back to doing what they did but even worse! Note the self-inflicted injuries they are getting that are mounting up, another side effect of playing that way.

Anyway, Leeds have been carefully built to play *that* way over several years, just as we have to play our way. Teams can't just flick switches and change overnight. Which is good news as it means no opponents can go "Hey, we just have to play like Leeds to beat Wolves". :) Though it is becoming clear that we struggle against a high, intense press, not all teams can do it succesfully and it has to be done properly. The first half was excellent in how we dealt with it, it was that descent into chaos after that where it all went wrong. The staff need to remain calm, too.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Wet Spam's defeat, we're still very much in the hunt for 7th. Only two points in it: if they are imploding then we are the ones who will benefit from it.

After 30 games I think most people would have taken 8th with the opportunity to improve over the run-in. All said and done we're doing well I for one never thought that we would be at the business end of the table and 10 points(!) clear of ninth. We're in the top pack and that is a real result given the resources that we had at the start of the season.

As soon as the weather gets better, the Portuguese lads will be thinking they're back on the sand playing beach soccer.

Keep the faith everyone. It's better to win two and lose one, than win one and draw two . . .

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am still so deflated after Friday. Three days and I'm not even remotely over it. Can't watch the highlights, and haven't watched any football since. This is the only thread I can be bothered to read.

We're 8th - we've maybe a 20% chance of 7th. We've done that without any of our forwards having a good season. I doubt that anyone on the Mix would have one of our forward players in their top 3 for the season. Probably not even their top 5 (SA, Kilman, Neves, Coady, Semedo?) And yet Bruno still has us in 8th place. Of course he's made mistakes, we all do. But for me, he's doing a bloody good job.

Or would some Mixers prefer Fat Frank, who could well be available soon...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I am still so deflated after Friday. Three days and I'm not even remotely over it. Can't watch the highlights, and haven't watched any football since. This is the only thread I can be bothered to read.

We're 8th - we've maybe a 20% chance of 7th. We've done that without any of our forwards having a good season. I doubt that anyone on the Mix would have one of our forward players in their top 3 for the season. Probably not even their top 5 (SA, Kilman, Neves, Coady, Semedo?) And yet Bruno still has us in 8th place. Of course he's made mistakes, we all do. But for me, he's doing a bloody good job.

The ones shouting the loudest were the ones saying we’d be relegated and he’d be sacked before Christmas 2021 so you’d think they’d acknowledge he’s bettered their expectations? But no

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

i agree. it was gut wrenching to lose like that after a brilliant first half. we literally fell apart. shambolic. but over the course of a lifetime watching wolves we have had worse days. and we are still 8th with realistically only leicester and villa likely to catch us. we are also just two points off 7th still so its still possible we might scrape into the europa whatever its called cup. i think that for a first season this is decent from Lage. very decent. he might still beat Nuno's points record too. COYW!!

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know the second half against Leeds wasn't great in terms of how we gave it away after the sending off BUT some of the football we have played at times these last few games has been sooooooooo good to watch!!! We are getting goals and are really starting to play it around well going forward which is massive credit to Lage!

Back
Top Bottom