Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bolton get their new owner

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
75 year old (!) Lebanese (Christian judging from the name) who lives in Cairo, France and Dubai appears out of nowhere. Sounds very ambitious for a lot more than just the club. He's got them over a barrel -- if they can't pay the tax man in a month's time, they are in Administration (i.e. relegated for sure) and might even go completely bust, so he looks like the only game in town.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know nothing.

Don't really move in the same circles as young Rog' since the gardening incident came to fruition but he was certainly known as being a bit of a serious player during my time in the M.E... though not really in Soccer circles.

Hope this helps.

D

Deleted member 4023

He's expressed an interest but another consortium are in pole position - they've only got until feb 22 to get it sorted.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes it very clear Bolton are just a means to an end. They're welcome to him.

R

reanswolf

How come a smaller club riddled with debt can attract a billionaire whilst a debt-free club with more potential has no one bidding for it?

Where's the business sense?

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come a smaller club riddled with debt can attract a billionaire whilst a debt-free club with more potential has no one bidding for it?

does seem odd (even though the bloke seems dodgy)

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

How do you know that no one is bidding for us?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How do you know that no one is bidding for us?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Apparently a strong bid has come in from a mystery man from Shropshire.

Due diligence is proving somewhat of a stumbling block, but will keep you posted.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because they are a weakness to be exploited & desperate-clutching at straws to survive-& he just wants an entry point & a platform from which to move on to bigger things...& screw Bolton if they fall by the wayside in the fallout from his schemes.

We really don't want-or need, because of our financial viability-to take the first dodgy offer we get.

R

reanswolf

Because they are a weakness to be exploited & desperate-clutching at straws to survive-& he just wants an entry point & a platform from which to move on to bigger things...& screw Bolton if they fall by the wayside in the fallout from his schemes.

We really don't want-or need, because of our financial viability-to take the first dodgy offer we get.

I understand that concern but its not easy to jump clubs like players do, tho not impossible.

Doesn't sound like he wants simply to jump ship if he acquires Bolton.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we all know Mr Morgan bought the club for £10 provided he ploughed £30 mil into the club.i wonder if he has put the same thing into this sale.Obviously is it a bigger scale now with the new owner having to first buy the club for between 30-40 mil.and then invest more.Perhaps this might be what's slowing things down.it has certainly gone very quiet on that front.I personally think he is having second thoughts,i know he was in town to open the new venture.THE WAY.and then showed his face at the match,i just wonder if he was testing the water to see what reaction he got when we knew he was there.We seem to be investing even though a lot is for the future,but that ay a bad thing if they are the cream of the youngsters.And now there seems to be some action with the first team,if he had done that at the start of the season we would not be in the position we are now,i dont think anyone really wants us to spend billions on the squad,i would not like us to be a man city-chelsea type of club.i just could not see myself paying to watch a team of players on 100 grand plus a week and paying £50 a ticket to watch them.No thanks.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we all know Mr Morgan bought the club for £10 provided he ploughed £30 mil into the club.i wonder if he has put the same thing into this sale.Obviously is it a bigger scale now with the new owner having to first buy the club for between 30-40 mil.and then invest more.Perhaps this might be what's slowing things down.it has certainly gone very quiet on that front.I personally think he is having second thoughts,i know he was in town to open the new venture.THE WAY.and then showed his face at the match,i just wonder if he was testing the water to see what reaction he got when we knew he was there.We seem to be investing even though a lot is for the future,but that ay a bad thing if they are the cream of the youngsters.And now there seems to be some action with the first team,if he had done that at the start of the season we would not be in the position we are now,i dont think anyone really wants us to spend billions on the squad,i would not like us to be a man city-chelsea type of club.i just could not see myself paying to watch a team of players on 100 grand plus a week and paying £50 a ticket to watch them.No thanks.

Leicester don't pay those wages or charge those prices [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I will be in a very small minority, but I hope he is having second thoughts. I liked the fact we had a British owner who was trying to make sensible long term decisions with a sustainable model. I strongly suspect Derby will be in real trouble if they don't go up this year (which is a long way short of guaranteed despite £25M spent on transfer fees and presumably a huge wage bill) and they wont be the only ones. This time next year a few people who are holding Derby up as an example of a club with ambition might have to reassess.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester don't pay those wages or charge those prices [emoji102]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leicester are not a Man city/Chelsea.Those 2 clubs buy the very best players for nearly as much money as steve wants for a football club,Leicester have done it the way i want to see wolves do.There lies the Difference.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand that concern but its not easy to jump clubs like players do, tho not impossible.

Doesn't sound like he wants simply to jump ship if he acquires Bolton.

I don't necessarily think it's football clubs that he's interested in. We all know they are generally a great way to lose money (unless you're a player). They would just be a loss leader & calling card for him to blag his way onto more lucrative guest lists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was thread number 6088 in a list of 6088 across 153 pages on the Mix.

Fat lot of good having a change of owner has done Bolton.

Long may it continue. (How have they managed to survive for so long?)

E

Essex Wolf

Often hear people say or read it said people shouldn't wish ill on another club and for the most part I fully agree. However there are certain clubs who if they went out of business I couldn't and wouldn't care less. Bolton is one such club. Cheated their way to the play off final after McGinlay got away with a blatant assault and their support, well best I stop now.

Hope they get relegated and go on to suffer a slow demise.

D

Deleted member 4382

Their fans are scum too.
Inbred red necks- each and every one of ‘em.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Often hear people say or read it said people shouldn't wish ill on another club and for the most part I fully agree. However there are certain clubs who if they went out of business I couldn't and wouldn't care less. Bolton is one such club. Cheated their way to the play off final after McGinlay got away with a blatant assault and their support, well best I stop now.

Hope they get relegated and go on to suffer a slow demise.

We have to give Karl Henry a warm welcome first

E

Essex Wolf

Their fans are scum too.
Inbred red necks- each and every one of ‘em.
You dislike them as much as I and i believe many others DW.

Recall meeting a Notlob fan on holiday in Turkey many years back now. Said if ever I came up for a game to watch Wolves against them to give him a shout and he'd make sure I was okay whilst having a few beers with the Notlob brain dead. Needless to say I never took the offer up.

E

Essex Wolf

We have to give Karl Henry a warm welcome first
Never disliked KH as much as some seem to MEW but I accepted he had limitations and his leaving Wolves made sense. But at his age having failed to make that good an impression at QPR I'm surprised that he can still find a club prepared to take him at this level. It maybe goes to show just how desperate Notlob have become.

If he showed up playing for another club dare say he'd get a somewhat mixed reception but with it being that lot he'll get the stick that scum club deserves.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really don’t understand why people dislike Henry. Ok he was fairly limited but he was captain of our side that was in the prem for 3 years and worked hard. He’s a local lad as well and would get a good hand from me.

D

Deleted member 4382

Not in the slightest.
Can’t stand them, and it’s norhing to do with the play offs. Dreadful people from a dreadful town.
Chips on their shoulders- not cosmopolitan enough to be Mancunian, not traditional enough to be Lancastrian.
Incest capital of the north.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Not in the slightest.
Can’t stand them, and it’s norhing to do with the play offs. Dreadful people from a dreadful town.
Chips on their shoulders- not cosmopolitan enough to be Mancunian, not traditional enough to be Lancastrian.
Incest capital of the north.
The Only True Wanderers is their constant refrain .

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
I live in Bolton if people couldn't guess. Whilst some of them are complete fools (tell me a place that has none) a lot of people are genuine and friendly. I've lived in quite a few towns and they are some of the friendliest around.

This said, I can't wait for the away match as I might...just might see a win. Still not over that Zubar back pass!

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I live in Bolton if people couldn't guess. Whilst some of them are complete fools (tell me a place that has none) a lot of people are genuine and friendly. I've lived in quite a few towns and they are some of the friendliest around.

This said, I can't wait for the away match as I might...just might see a win. Still not over that Zubar back pass!
What an awful pass! I think it was Sturbridge that scored after pinching himself

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't care much for the club, but I personally have always found Bolton fans I have met to be pretty decent folk. Similarly I have met Karl Henry a few times and he genuinely seemed like a good bloke who really loved the club.

I'll still boo the **** out of them though. Mcginley punched David Kelly about 10 yards away from me in that play off semi. The guy next to me threw his pie at him he was so incensed.

D

Deleted member 4023

Whereabouts in Bolton fella - I'm in Westhoughton. Have you made contact with Manchester Wolves supporters club yet? - they are a good set of lads

WetheralWolf

Reaction score
Sharples with a nice view of Manchester from Winters Hill. I haven't been in contact with them tbh...I used to spend a lil time with Yorkshire Wolves as went to uni in Leeds...will have to keep them in mind for next games.

Back
Top Bottom