Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

All England Players singing anthem

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How great was it to see ALL the England players singing the National Anthem.
Not mumbling, but singing there hearts out.........

At last a sense of pride being shown.

M

Mister Rabbit

Yes, but why don't they sing the English National Anthem?:confused:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but why don't they sing the English National Anthem?:confused:

Technically I don't think we have one, nor do the Scots or Welsh although they have adopted ones.
Personally I'd prefer us to have Jerusalem or land of hope & glory.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pride will get England nowhere. Controlling a football might.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pride will get England nowhere. Controlling a football might.

Wrong,
If you don't have heart you won't play as well, which means you won't control a football.
Go onto the pitch with a could not give a $$$$ attitude, you get stuffed

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WasStefan

You can have the ball as much as you want, but if you don't put the the ball in the back of the net you'll get nowhere.

English attitude I know

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
pedantic $$$$$. I agree with the original post

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't remember which bookie it was but they offered 7/4 for all players to sing...Wish I'd known earlier! :(

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im another one who'd love Jerusalem as national anthem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of all the England players Joe Hart always really seems to sing the national anthem with real pride.

D

Dewsburywolf

In your opinion of course.
I'm proud to sing it.

Good for you - your choice

It will never be changed

Why not? :confused:

England should have it's own anthem instead of just arrogantly claiming the one for the whole of Great Britain & the Commonwealth

and rightly so

Why rightly so? :confused: :confused:

I've given reasons why it isn't right or indeed just

Also, hard of thinking numpties singing it over the anthems of Scotland, Wales & Ireland (when we play them) just shows how arrogant or just plain stupid they are

B

Bankswolf II

I think we must be the only country so split on the national anthem I have to say it's a shame the reaction it gets in other countries like the Italians, the French and so on you would be hard pressed to find one fan not singing along, England? Not a peep

Fair play to the players we need to inject some pride in our country good a place as any to start

M

Mister Rabbit

In your opinion of course.
I'm proud to sing it. It will never be changed, and rightly so.

Oh, it's great if you're a Protestant Monarchist. Not so good for others. So if a non-Christian republican happens not to sing the words, perhaps thickie sheeple should try to understand why instead of berating them.

P

PeteWolf

England should have it's own anthem instead of just arrogantly claiming the one for the whole of Great Britain & the Commonwealth
Arrogantly claiming it? Are you for real? It's been this country's national anthem long before international football was even invented.

J

Jungleee

$$$$ the Queen, "long to reign over us". Do you actually know what you're singing? Why is she superior to you? Jesus wept.

P

PeteWolf

$$$$ the Queen, "long to reign over us". Do you actually know what you're singing? Why is she superior to you? Jesus wept.
Her Majesty and the Royal Family are a fine, upstanding emodiment of our nation, and it should be considered an honour to both serve and be represented by her.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The irony is Jungleee that it is the Constitutional Monarchy's of Northern Europe that are among the most equitable and fairest societies on our planet - including there I say it the UK. Republics fall into the trap of believing that all are equal when plainly the opportunity available to everyone is not the same.
For rugby don't the Scots use 'Flower of Scotland' and the Welsh 'Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau', would this not mean than that 'God save the Queen' is the English anthem?

J

Jungleee

Her Majesty and the Royal Family are a fine, upstanding emodiment of our nation, and it should be considered an honour to both serve and be represented by her.

Oh Pete. You crack me up :) Whatever floats your boat though I suppose. Personally will be having a party when she's gone, welcome to join! x

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We should have "He was saying goodbye to his horse" as the English national anthem! Even Rooney would know the words to that. Whether he'd sing them is, of course, another matter.

W

WasStefan

Oh Pete. You crack me up :) Whatever floats your boat though I suppose. Personally will be having a party when she's gone, welcome to join! x

Suspect that'll be a boring party cause you'll be the only one at it :p

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember this is the football forum...

J

johnybig32

The speaking English thing is an obvious debate.

The players are all saying how much better trainign is and fine every detail is now understood and I think that it is showing in the performances.

WHoever you boss is, they are your role model, they are the professionals you look upto. If they are singing the anthem, you will too.

D

Dewsburywolf

Arrogantly claiming it? Are you for real? It's been this country's national anthem long before international football was even invented.

Great Britain & (what remains of) the Commonwealth - hardly just England

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Remember this is the football forum...

Again. The thread is about footballers singing - or not - the anthem. Other posts would be more suited to the monarchy thread in OT, or an OT thread of their own for the anthem itself.

Back
Top Bottom