Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

a bit of a rant

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, my moms oven broke yesterday and she ordered a new one which was supposed to be delivered today, but when she informed them the old one was still in place they rescheduled to Saturday nd informed her that he old one needs to be removed....they will fit the new but not remove the old one.
So, here i enter the story as am asked to remove the old oven, a case of taking the plug off Si the cable can be pulled through the holes in the cupboard, remove two screws holding the oven in place, then slide it out and job done...simples.

Now this is where i got annoyed and stepped in and told the people that my mom ordered from to shove it, on top of refusal to remove the oven they wanted £90 to fit the new one, £20 to take the old one away (after it has been removed by myself) and a further £3.50 to take away the packaging of the new oven.

Scandalous, how they have the cheek to charge this is amazing to me and makes me wonder how many people actually pay these ( the place is AO btw) and others for stupid little things, it is time people woke up and put a stop to it.

Saved my mom £113.50, and the oven was only £156!

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had exactly the same problem with them. Around 3 years ago we ordered a new free standing cooker, just to see us through until we updated the whole kitchen.
Upon arrival they came into the house to see how best to bring the cooker in. As he got into the kitchen he moaned about the old cooker still being in place and said something like they couldn't install it.
I had already disconnected the oven (electric) the previous night and told him so. I said to fetch the new one and the old one would be out of sight by the time they got the new one into the kitchen.
He then mentioned I hadn't paid to have the rubbish taken away. I asked him why I would do that and told him straight that I wasn't silly enough to do so.

So the packaging was broken up and binned, the plastic was put in the recycling and I called a scrap man to fetch the old cooker.
Old cooker gone within 20 minutes. New cooker wired in within 5 minutes.

They think we're idiots.

Back
Top Bottom