Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£14.95 for Non-TV Premier League Game Streams

Lycaon

Reaction score
All money goes to pl less sky's costs which I'd presume is more than 1500 quid so that'll be a loss made by them and nothing for the pl. As for the big 6, as sky make nothing from the ppv I doubt they are going to be doing the PL favours by not selecting the most attractive games for their subscribers so it'll be the same clubs on PPV week in week out.
Not disagreeing in the slightest but this PPV “experiment” is fundamental to the future of the PL. I suspect within the next 5 years Sky/BT will be quite possibly ditched!
Think this was eluded to in the “Big Picture” with 8 games per season being streamed independently by each club.
Time will tell I guess!

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have noticed that including last night the Albion is all ppv games at 17.30 Monday nights until the next batch of sky games are released.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have noticed that including last night the Albion is all ppv games at 17.30 Monday nights until the next batch of sky games are released.
That almost achieves the impossible in making me feel sorry for **** fans.... almost lol. The 1% says **** them!

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know its been debated to death.
But, why the **** can't Wolves let us watch the games for free? I'm sure its something they can put forward?
Is the spin premier clubs are struggling without fans buying tickets?
But then spend 30 odd million on a back up striker? Premier league really is full of ****.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I know its been debated to death.
But, why the **** can't Wolves let us watch the games for free? I'm sure its something they can put forward?
Is the spin premier clubs are struggling without fans buying tickets?
But then spend 30 odd million on a back up striker? Premier league really is full of ****.
A huge part of the football rights packages Sky/BT/BBC buy is about exclusivity.

Lycaon

Reaction score

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sounds like their greed is backfiring.
People will pay £15+ for a ticket to go to the match, because its an experience that's tangible.
Anyone who thinks the experience carries over to watching at home and is at the same value doesn't get it.

Also the games not on BT or Sky are hardly the big matches anyway, so no way should they be charged at that obscene rate.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wish amazon prime would just pick up the leftover games... id even pay a little towards it. Quite liked their platform last season.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Wish amazon prime would just pick up the leftover games... id even pay a little towards it. Quite liked their platform last season.
Very much agree, thought they did an excellent job, a refreshing change as they say!

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Telegraph reporting

Premier League executives are expected to propose reducing pay-per-view match broadcaststo £10 in a bid to ease the storm of fan anger since the scheme was introduced.

England's top tier is set to resist pressure to abandon the arrangement altogether when shareholders meet on Tuesday morning. However, while prices are likely to continue at £14.95 until the international break, appetite is growing amongst clubs to next week push through a price drop to begin in November.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Telegraph reporting

Premier League executives are expected to propose reducing pay-per-view match broadcaststo £10 in a bid to ease the storm of fan anger since the scheme was introduced.

England's top tier is set to resist pressure to abandon the arrangement altogether when shareholders meet on Tuesday morning. However, while prices are likely to continue at £14.95 until the international break, appetite is growing amongst clubs to next week push through a price drop to begin in November.
Not too sure that’s going to cut the mustard, again fans will be happy to donate the tenner to a local cause.

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle United owner, Mike Ashley, has issued the following statement in relation to the Premier League's current pay-per-view arrangements:

"I am calling on the Premier League to immediately act and review its current pay-per-view arrangements for live matches in the UK.
"Charging £14.95 for single televised matches in the current climate it is not acceptable to any football fan.
"Supporters have overwhelmingly rejected this offer and the Premier League must now act.
"Why not make it much more accessible at £4.95 per match until Christmas?
"The Government should waive VAT on the above pay-per-view matches so that as many of those who are unable to attend matches in person can at least watch their team.
"The profit from the above reduced-price pay-per-view option, I would suggest that 50% would be retained by Premier League and 50% would go to the football pyramid below.
"As a club, Newcastle United did vote in favour of the pay-per-view proposal, but to be clear, this was because there were no realistic or any viable alternatives put forward to enable supporters to watch matches."

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle United owner, Mike Ashley, has issued the following statement in relation to the Premier League's current pay-per-view arrangements:

"I am calling on the Premier League to immediately act and review its current pay-per-view arrangements for live matches in the UK.
"Charging £14.95 for single televised matches in the current climate it is not acceptable to any football fan.
"Supporters have overwhelmingly rejected this offer and the Premier League must now act.
"The Government should waive VAT on the above pay-per-view matches so that as many of those who are unable to attend matches in person can at least watch their team.
"The profit from the above reduced-price pay-per-view option, I would suggest that 50% would be retained by Premier League and 50% would go to the football pyramid below.
"As a club, Newcastle United did vote in favour of the pay-per-view proposal, but to be clear, this was because there were no realistic or any viable alternatives put forward to enable supporters to watch matches."
What is the world coming to when Mike Ashley seems to be the soul of moderation and making sense???

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’d go along with that. A fiver would be about right, I think some people have forgotten that you do actually have to pay to watch games normally!

Would be nice to work something where they aren’t split across BT/Sky/PPV and you end up having to pay three times.

D

Deleted member 11332

I’d go along with that. A fiver would be about right, I think some people have forgotten that you do actually have to pay to watch games normally!

Not really comparable. You don't pay to just 'Watch' the game. It's the full experience that you will never ever get from watching on a TV screen.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really comparable. You don't pay to just 'Watch' the game. It's the full experience that you will never ever get from watching on a TV screen.
And that’s why £5 would be acceptable compared to the £27+ it costs to go to the game.

Some people just want a freebie.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£5 would be fair and then put all non-TV games at Saturday 3pm or Sunday if Europa League teams involved.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£5 would be fair and then put all non-TV games at Saturday 3pm or Sunday if Europa League teams involved.
Agreed.

Makes you wonder why the games are still all being played at staggered times, did they genuinely expect people to pay £30 / £45 / £60 /£75 a weekend to watch multiple PPV games alongside the ones you’ve already paid for with your Sky / BT subscription.

If so it shows just how deluded and out of touch the whole thing was.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can someone come and stand at the other end of my sofa and spend the whole game ranting about how a particular (highly talented) player is rubbish and was never any good? Just go on and on not stop please. Ideally Neves or Moutinho.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A number of fans have boycotted the £14.95 and raised money for good causes instead

Last edited:

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh God, I am now agreeing with Mike Ashley.:eek:

2020, the year that just keeps on giving :rage:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under 1,000 watched West Brom vs Burnley. Under 10,000 in two other games but the overall average is 39,000.

Liverpool despite raising all that money had around 100,000 watching their game against Sheffield United and the biggest one was Arsenal vs Leicester that some have said had 140,000.

The most surprising one to me was Newcastle vs United got only 40,000. Fair play to them two even if it's still 40,000 too many.

It seems the anger around it has died down somewhat as the bigger figures have come recently.

Each game is generating around £500,000 on average.

The numbers aren't good when you compare them to 1.7m watching United vs Chelsea on normal Sky but it's still a lot and shows what's wrong with England's fan culture. If we'd have all stuck together (we not being Wolves as we've not been on yet) then they would have been forced to change. Imagine if every game was under 1,000 views! They'd have absolutely no choice. There would be no 'thinking' about a decision, it would be scrapped instantly.

Instead, nothing will change right now but they may drop it to £10 in a few more weeks. Lucky us.

D

Deleted member 11332

I won't pay to watch it. I'd rather spend (which I will) the money on beer in my local pub and watch it there and hopefully keep them afloat.

15 notes I'd get 6 pints in my local which is the perfect amount for a 90 mins game plus one after for me. I'll be doing the same Friday.

Vicious Sid

Reaction score
amazing that when fosun have moved us to another world financially that some fans begrudge paying roughly half of a match ticket to sit on their sofa to watch wolves.
or are those the fans used to watching free but illegal streams.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t really think £15 is particularly outrageous.
The price of a plastic bottle of warm beer in the ground maybe is! Or the programs now days! The price of parking near the ground on match days! Or that damn toll road.

But £15 to watch a premier league game I think is reasonable ish.
That said I’ll probably just listen to it on the radio anyway as it’s on btsport and still don’t like mcmanamon!!

Back
Top Bottom