Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or you could say some people have backed him, but given praise when its deserved, and been critical when its deserved.
Could do, but more accurate to say he gets slated by some posters with an agenda when we lose, and the same posters don’t mention him when we win.
One of them compared him to Dean Saunders a couple of weeks ago.
Hopefully he keeps pushing on and gets some backing this summer, done a superb job.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage set the side up well today (as he has done on numerous occasions) and for that he gets the credit. Nothing else was a test if truth be told. Villa were so poor first half and if anything, today showed that Gerrard is incapable of changing things up himself despite the array of 'talent' they've recruited, all his changes were like for like and Lage didn't have to respond to anything that swung the game away from us. Other than the nervy last ten minutes (which was in no way Lage's fault) we were very comfortable.

One of his easier days at the office

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do, but more accurate to say he gets slated by some posters with an agenda when we lose, and the same posters don’t mention him when we win.
Hopefully he keeps pushing on and gets some backing this summer, done a superb job.

One or two maybe. You are being a bit of a drama queen about it.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume you're excluding yourself from this assessment given you're the chap who confidently told us Lage would be gone by January

Absolutley i am. Go back and read what i wrote ( and look at my statements as a whole, not one post in isolation ) then come back and apologise for getting it wrong. I never once said i didnt support him. Go and show me a single post where i said i dont support him or i hope he failed. In fact i said i wanted him to do well, always said he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke. I didnt think he would be succesful ( which i got wrong ) but thats not the same in any way, shape or form as somebody not backing the bloke.

Some people on here though cant handle anyone being critical of the manager or certain players. They seem to think being critical isnt allowed and cant separate that you can back somebody and still be critical at the same time.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutley i am. Go back and read what i wrote ( and look at my statements as a whole, not one post in isolation ) then come back and apologise for getting it wrong. I never once said i didnt support him. Go and show me a single post where i said i dont support him or i hope he failed. In fact i said i wanted him to do well, always said he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke. I didnt think he would be succesful ( which i got wrong ) but thats not the same in any way, shape or form as somebody not backing the bloke.

Some people on here though cant handle anyone being critical of the manager or certain players. They seem to think being critical isnt allowed and cant separate that you can back somebody and still be critical at the same time.
You said in July, before a ball was kicked in anger, that "he'll be gone by January". Your words

You've told us ad nauseum how you're not convinced by him, how he's a coach not a manager

And the minimum criteria for any normal fan is to hope the new manager succeeds so don't go holding that up as some form of defence and evidence of backing Lage

He's left you with more egg on your face than John Prescott

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubtless you are talking about me. If you bothered looking you would have seen a post where l said that Lage got it right yesterday. You stick to your agenda though.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You said in July, before a ball was kicked in anger, that "he'll be gone by January". Your words

You've told us ad nauseum how you're not convinced by him, how he's a coach not a manager

And the minimum criteria for any normal fan is to hope the new manager succeeds so don't go holding that up as some form of defence and evidence of backing Lage

He's left you with more egg on your face than John Prescott

You are talking such rubbish. When was the last time i said i wasnt convinced? Just because i'm critical when he gets something wrong? ( like i do with most things on a game by game basis ) If i didnt want to back him i wouldnt have. I wouldnt bother with this minimum critera cobblers you are babbling on about. Been plenty of people who have joined the club who i thought were **** and said as much and didnt back them. If i have an opinion, i'm not backwards in speaking my mind. Never have been and never will be.

You are clutching at straws kid, man up and admit you got it wrong like i have with Bruno. Wont expect it because i doubt you have it in you. Sometimes you get it wrong and you have to just hold your hands up. Bruno at the moment has made me look silly, but its not something i'll lose sleep over.

Edit: And for the record, the last time i believe i said i wasnt really convinced by Bruno was around 5 months ago, in November.

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubtless you are talking about me. If you bothered looking you would have seen a post where l said that Lage got it right yesterday. You stick to your agenda though.

Honestly, some people just dont think you are allowed to be critical. I'm still of the opinion we are a little lucky to be where we are. Those first 3 games we were very unlucky, and we have picked up plenty of points we dont deserve as well, but i still feel we have got where we are right now on grit and determination. Until they back Bruno and we see if his style is going to work, this is how we will set up i believe.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes total pish is he not?

Some googling around and this already looks a really poor appointment if true. That's the end of the project IMHO.

Ffs. ****.

I don't think Lage would last until Christmas.

Why isn't Graham Potter on the odds list? He's a fantastic manager. Exactly the type we should be going for.

Would give it to mountinho over this pretender.

If it’s Lage Fosun have lost interest.

he is another zenga.

I can't believe a Premier League club is actually hiring a manager who has coached 75 games of senior football. Less than 2 full seasons

Mendes carousel,

No gattusso not lopetugi nor any others it's whoever mendes advises to shi

Relegation beckons

I think I'd rather have Bruno Mars in than Bruno Lage

Isn't he the Portuguese Steve Bruce?

Honestly, who is this guy

Part of me actually wants this amateur to get it, just for all those ****ing YouTube Virgins who were screaming in there mom and dad's bedroom for Nuno to leave.

Hindsight is wonderful I know, but looking back to when we were first linked is hilarious.

Edit… nothing personal, just funny the certainty some on here had he would be a total disaster.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk about arrogance! Who the hell do you think that you are (SuperFan?) to claim that opinions which disagree with yours are tripe! Do you know what a forum is for?
Yes, it’s a place where someone can compare the manager of the team who are 7th in the premier league with Dean Saunders, suggest he’s “lost the dressing room” and then cry when they get called out on it.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hindsight is wonderful I know, but looking back to when we were first linked is hilarious.

Edit… nothing personal, just funny the certainty some on here had he would be a total disaster.
Lambert has completely proved me wrong and I bloody love it. Forget the league position, we ain't going down and we ain't going up. He is clearly building something here, you can really see it. In fairness to FOSUN, people are quick to criticise but they invested massively last summer and did the best they could with really limited knowledge of what this is all about.

Give lambert some serious clout this summer to invest in quality not quantity and I would really fancy us next season. Helder in Jan wouldn't hurt either, a magical magical player.

Today is what football, and Wolves in particular, is all about. Bloody superb.

Just on way back from Liverpool to Manchester now, back out tonight in town with the Mrs and another couple. The lad is a died in the wool scouser. Cannot bloody wait ha.
;)

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of us have backed him win or lose to be fair.
Why?
The line up against west ham was simply stupid. Cost us the game before we started. Play fabio against west ham and bring him on against leeds we stand a much better chance in those games.

I don't buy the other line, that all our players aren't that talented when we lose, and Bruno is an overachieving genius every time we win a game.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk about arrogance! Who the hell do you think that you are (SuperFan?) to claim that opinions which disagree with yours are tripe! Do you know what a forum is for?
What a daft post this is. You've picked my post when I said why isn't Graham Potter linked, but that doesn't mean I was against Lage at all. Look at my post below. I was happy for him to be in post.

Post in thread 'Bruno Lage' Bruno Lage

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. With a bit of 'luck' and a couple of players who could actually score, 4th place was not out of the question. Let's hope the transfer window treats us well.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We’ve done the double over villa. Good times, no need to constantly quarrel. Enjoy the sunshine, wear your shirt with pride

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO Lage is a fantastic manager/coach who is growing as the season goes on. All too easy to be critical of him when we lose, but if you look at the games and some of the interview’s you will get a perspective of the thought and tactics he puts into the game.

After the game yesterday they interviewed Coady on SSN. He said they’d been working on the game plan all week, to nullify Villas strengths. Villa are stronger playing through the middle with McGinn, coutinho and Watkins. So the plan was to make them have to play from out wide, where they are less comfortable.

Does he make some mistakes - of course he does - but some of the overreaction on here is laughable.
Hes a great coach and manager

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
IMO Lage is a fantastic manager/coach who is growing as the season goes on. All too easy to be critical of him when we lose, but if you look at the games and some of the interview’s you will get a perspective of the thought and tactics he puts into the game.

After the game yesterday they interviewed Coady on SSN. He said they’d been working on the game plan all week, to nullify Villas strengths. Villa are stronger playing through the middle with McGinn, coutinho and Watkins. So the plan was to make them have to play from out wide, where they are less comfortable.

Does he make some mistakes - of course he does - but some of the overreaction on here is laughable.
Hes a great coach and manager
Was brilliant to see his fist pumps yesterday. He’s doing fantastically well and will only get better.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a daft post this is. You've picked my post when I said why isn't Graham Potter linked, but that doesn't mean I was against Lage at all. Look at my post below. I was happy for him to be in post.

Am l missing something? Can't immediately see how the link relates to me.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Come on, you do exactly that too.
But you can both stop now please.

I propose a bot that identifies the use and context of a common buzz word in these mini spats. Agenda. It gives the poster the QI treatment. It might even lighten the mood after a victory...

You stick to your agenda though.
733F2E4D-95D9-47DD-8678-F49283E73967.jpeg

Just a laugh wicked. Not having a go. I myself am also guilty of using agenda in the past.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I propose a bot that identifies the use and context of a common buzz word in these mini spats. Agenda. It gives the poster the QI treatment. It might even lighten the mood after a victory...

View attachment 27411

Just a laugh wicked. Not having a go. I myself am also guilty of using agenda in the past.
No worries. I get exactly what you mean so...

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is the kind of content I logged on to see on this Sunday morning, top ****housery GG

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mate I was just picking random posts from the first few pages, wasn’t trying to do a gotcha or anything.

Anyway, thank god we didn’t get Potter!

Back
Top Bottom