Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A loan with obligation might be a way of reducing the amount we need to pay Huddersfield if they have a sell-on clause. Assume the loan fee won’t count towards this so maybe it’s chunkier than people are assuming. Who knows though and just speculating
That might well be a very astute call.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If the wages + a potential loan fee let us bring another player in then I am not bothered, if it is just a favour to him I am.

Love Coady, but it is Wolves over any and all.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the wages + a potential loan fee let us bring another player in then I am not bothered, if it is just a favour to him I am.

Love Coady, but it is Wolves over any and all.
I think that is most fans sentiments mate…..

No one wants to cost him his potential World Cup place, he could get injured on debut and not go or even no longer be in the coaches mind after the euro nations and we did the deal for nothing.

Far too many risks for us to do him a favour at our expense.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s not get too crazy now mate…… that is too big a rebuild for one summer lol
My point being, if you're gonna disregard everything Coady has done in a Wolves shirt (including graduating to an England shirt) because of the last ten matches of last season. Then... well you know ...

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A loan with obligation might be a way of reducing the amount we need to pay Huddersfield if they have a sell-on clause. Assume the loan fee won’t count towards this so maybe it’s chunkier than people are assuming. Who knows though and just speculating
That sort of astute thinking isn't welcome around here. Mods, ban this poster.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
isn't going to play at the World Cup. He couldn't when there were 23 players, so he has no chance when there's 26.
I love the "logic" here. Coady has no chance of playing ahead of the three players deemed not as good as him when they weren't called up for the last tournament.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the "logic" here. Coady has no chance of playing ahead of the three players deemed not as good as him when they weren't called up for the last tournament.
Missing a crucial point, they weren't deemed 'not as good as him', they will have been deemed not as good a leader as him.

For example. Fikayo Tomori or Marc Guehi didn't go to the last tournament. If you take one of them as the extra players and Southgate needs to pick one of them or Coady to play a game, we all know Coady ain't getting picked.

You don't really need 23 players for a tournament - as was proven.

You certainly don't need 26, so you can pick players for different qualities.

Coady will get picked because he brings qualities to the group that aren't on the pitch. There's nothing wrong with that, it's probably the right call from Southgate, but let's not pretend he's going to play.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missing a crucial point, they weren't deemed 'not as good as him', they will have been deemed not as good a leader as him.

For example. Fikayo Tomori or Marc Guehi didn't go to the last tournament. If you take one of them as the extra players and Southgate needs to pick one of them or Coady to play a game, we all know Coady ain't getting picked.

Coady will get picked because he brings qualities to the group that aren't on the pitch. There's nothing wrong with that, it's probably the right call from Southgate, but let's not pretend he's going to play.
He might play in a match where players are rested / the opposition is not that strong (IIRC, England's group is not that strong), so he could see minutes, no doubt.

But, yes, he's not going to be first choice unless there's an injury and even then, it would need to be three at the back, which seems to be not the way England (or Wolves) are going at the moment.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might play in a match where players are rested / the opposition is not that strong (IIRC, England's group is not that strong), so he could see minutes, no doubt.

But, yes, he's not going to be first choice unless there's an injury and even then, it would need to be three at the back, which seems to be not the way England (or Wolves) are going at the moment
But that didn’t happen at the euros at all and he didn’t play one second of the summer games where a fair few defenders were used.

I think people are assuming he is still in southgates plans, based on this summer he could just end up picking up the cones and the bibs if he makes it all.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's there as cover. That's obvious. He'd play if necessary or when convenient (already qualified for knockout stage, allowing first teamers to rest).

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hold on… we are told it is sell to buy and we loan the guy out with money to come next season potentially????

Am I missing something here?

So we let him go, where is the money coming from to cover the loss THIS season?

Or will we spend it in advance of the guaranteed sale which must be an obligation as if it is an “option to buy” then I am sorry this is another **** up to add to the adama debacle……

If he leaves, surely it needs to be a transfer straight up?
We loan a player pay next season

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The £12million quoted will actually be less because I’m certain Huddersfield had a sell on clause when we got him from them.
Just a thought if the loan fee is high then Huddersfield wouldn’t get any of that so that May well explain the lower transfer fee
Very crafty these Chinese

wolveslegend

Groupie
Reaction score
so we loan out an England International who has also captained England has yrs of experience playing in the top flight and europe and then maybe sell for £12m to one of our "rivals". Poor business by Mr shi and the mob, again.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so we loan out an England International who has also captained England has yrs of experience playing in the top flight and europe and then maybe sell for £12m to one of our "rivals". Poor business by Mr shi and the mob, again.
Happens all the time. We sold Doherty to Spurs. Man City sold Zinchenco and Jesus to name a few.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf he hasn’t actually ever started against any one of note and don’t think he got a single minute at the euros …

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Happens all the time. We sold Doherty to Spurs. Man City sold Zinchenco and Jesus to name a few.
Difference is zinchenko and Jesus were fringe players at City. Coady and Doc were regulars. Let's hope Coady doesn't leave the same void Doc did, but if he does, we fill the void much quicker.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He made the bench at least, unlike players 24, 25 and 26.
They’d probably be better giving him a coaching title ( something like squad motivator ) and saving the squad place for someone else , surely being on the bench with no chance of playing is like bagging yourself front row seats for free at some major boxing contest !! This is tongue in cheek by the way

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Difference is zinchenko and Jesus were fringe players at City. Coady and Doc were regulars. Let's hope Coady doesn't leave the same void Doc did, but if he does, we fill the void much quicker.
The only void Coady potentially leaves is as a leader. We're committed to taking the plunge to a 4 and keeping Coady is a bit like an alcoholic promising to go sober but keeping a bottle of whisky in the spare room. I think the role of leader might have been harder from the bench anyway. Not sure I really like the loan though, Lampard will be gone and his formation with him and then where are we?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s second in command captain wise now? Did kilman take the armband when neves went off in pre season?
He did at some point.

I would imagine Moutinho is the next in line purely on experience/respect.

Read on here that Collins was doing the talk in the huddle before the game which I thought was interesting. He was also far and away the most vocal when I was at the Alaves game.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only void Coady potentially leaves is as a leader. We're committed to taking the plunge to a 4 and keeping Coady is a bit like an alcoholic promising to go sober but keeping a bottle of whisky in the spare room. I think the role of leader might have been harder from the bench anyway. Not sure I really like the loan though, Lampard will be gone and his formation with him and then where are we?
I agree with the whisky analogy. But Coady may be the bottle that's needed to stop the tremors.

Being a leader isn't the only void. He's by far the best we have at the middle of a three, when required.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scored a goal for England.
He’s scored a few for us too against much higher opposition than whoever he’s played against for England , all im getting at is being an England international and only playing against weaker opposition isn’t that much of a fete when your playing much better opposition week in week out for club !! People talk about players being an England international like it makes them absolute world beaters when in reality unless they are top players who are regulars ( still aren’t many ) they really aren’t …

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Eugh. Horrible sight.

From an average Championship midfielder to our best Captain since Mike Bailey and Captain of England. Throw in promotion, a European adventure and you have a true Wolves hero and icon.

Thank you for everything Conor. And best of luck to you and your family.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The £12million quoted will actually be less because I’m certain Huddersfield had a sell on clause when we got him from them.
I think they’re only applicable for the time of the initial contract. Not sure Huddersfield would get a bean after seven years. I could be wrong though as not an expert in footy contracts.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Coady for 12M would be criminal. Are we really so hard up that we would sell someone of his calibre for a measly 12M?
I think it means we’re not hard up. It’s not like we were offering him about and took the ‘best offer’.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Coady but there’s something a bit off about how, the first time he’s had to fight for his place, he chooses to leave. And he’s the captain.

I can only assume that Bruno has told him he won’t be playing at all and isn’t required any more.

But regardless, he’s been the best captain and active ambassador for the club we’ve had since I’ve been alive and I wish him nothing but the best. Just not against us.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do find it strange how many Liverpool fans end up playing for Everton, and vice versa.

Personally I wouldn’t play for the **** even for 1m per week.

Back
Top Bottom