Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With news that Everton may be looking at Coady and the likelihood he won't start in a back 4 only the 5 if we go back in certain games

Everyone is entitled to an opinion

Would you keep, sell or loan him out?

Last edited:

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Currently keep, on the basis that realistically given how the summer has gone already, we probably wouldn’t get anyone else in. However, IF there was someone else we could pick up that is more ready than Mosquera to play I might change my mind.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Price?
Other incentives?
Horse's head in bed type negotiations?

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely 100% keep as long as he's happy not playing every game.

From the pre season videos you can see exactly what he brings to the squad, he's a leader, makes everyone laugh and he brings the squad closer together.

It looks to me like he's the bridge between the UK and Portuguese groups.

He's also a regular squad member in the England squad, not because of his ability but because of his personality, good enough for England but not for Wolves? Come on..

I am proud that he's our captain, when he does an interview he comes across better than a lot of other footballers and captains in the league.

The only scenario I'd accept is he really pushed to leave because he wants to play and get a chance at going to the World Cup.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted sell as the 1 area we are well covered is CB and if we need income before we buy then we could hopefully then strengthen mf and/or CF.

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Keep for me, if he wants to go to secure his WC place then fully understand that but it’s a Cash only Deal
If as a club we have to sell to buy, a loan for Coady is absolutely pointless for us and barmy as all it would achieve is a weaker and smaller squad and a club that once again does not learn from previous mistakes

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think we should be actively looking to sell but if an offer comes in at the right then probably take it as long as it goes to fund a quality addition to the squad

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keep. We don't need anymore outgoings.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Keep.

Only sell if we can get a decent fee and have a target in another position lined up.

a loan would be laughable

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Keep, unless we get an offer that’s too good to turn down (£30m+). Even if he doesn’t play what he brings off the pitch is huge for us.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All on the manager.

If Lage is adamant we're sticking with a back four then Coady should go. If he even has a 1% doubt about the formation and will consider reverting to a back three, Coady should stay.

A loan should obviously be out the question, it would be an insane decision.

Then it depends on price as I'd say Coady needs to be replaced. Anything above £15m and I'd accept as you can generally find decent centre-backs for a low price to do a job as backup.

What I would also add, they must be bloody impressed with Collins in training!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gotta keep at the minute given the likelihood of things going tits up with a new system with only one new player added.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep, unless we get an offer that’s too good to turn down (£30m+). Even if he doesn’t play what he brings off the pitch is huge for us.
Spot on Jade. Conor brings a lot to the players off the pitch. But a huge fee would be difficult to turn down.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan with option - no way.
Sell/loan with obligation - depends on price and who comes in (Boly not quick enough and so down to two inexperienced pups for season with an injury).
Keep - per above.

Everyone has price. Playing 4 he is less likely to play, but expecting at least 12 games a season where we play 5 at the back. If I’m wrong and 4 at back then sell Coady and Boly and bring another CB on who is above Toti and Mosquera.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

£30 mil sounds a lot

What about £15-20 million? English tax n all

Yeshua

Reaction score
With news that Everton may be looking at Coady and the likelihood he won't start in a back 4 only the 5 if we go back in certain games

Everyone is entitled to an opinion

Would you keep, sell or loan him out?
'IF' you could get 20+million and that was enough to cover Matheus Nunes or a player of that quality. Sell sell sell

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm thinking there is many more if you I clouded prices etc

It will only happen this once don't want the heart breaker tag
Interesting analagy.... you could be the Mix's Ioan Gruffudd to JayJay's Alice Evans....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
considering he is one our our lowest paid squad members I’d let him go if he can get better wages from somebody else. He’s given us total dedication for years.
Would hate to see him go.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough one, because I'm in the "4 at the back for some games, 5 at the back for others" camp, and there are going to be defending leads where we'd like to switch to 5. Coads has given us so much these past 7 years that I defer to what he wants. If that's to leave, so be it, but we'd better bloody reinvest those funds.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he could have a negative impact on the squad if not playing. He has so much influence in the dressing room, having sombody not playing and missing out on a world cup could be a massive negative impact.

Coops

Reaction score
I would sell for the correct price (which i have voted for), however a loan could potentially make sense if it frees up wage budget for us to get a loan to buy in.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All on the manager.

If Lage is adamant we're sticking with a back four then Coady should go. If he even has a 1% doubt about the formation and will consider reverting to a back three, Coady should stay.

A loan should obviously be out the question, it would be an insane decision.

Then it depends on price as I'd say Coady needs to be replaced. Anything above £15m and I'd accept as you can generally find decent centre-backs for a low price to do a job as backup.

What I would also add, they must be bloody impressed with Collins in training!
Well said. Agree completely

Back
Top Bottom