Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not even that opposed to Coady going, but if it’s a loan with an option then Sellars needs shooting out of a cannon. Absolute farce of a management team if true.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

After watching our rather horrible defensive performance in our losing effort against Leeds yesterday..I´ve changed my mind.
I am totally unconvinced we have the manpower necessary to be able to cope going four at the back over the major part of the season.
We looked worringly vulnerable yesterday,and this was against Leeds..an opposition not exactly the strongest in Premier League to put it very mildly.
I fear we are going to have to switch to five at the back again..and pretty soon at that.
Fact is..another sub level defensive performance against Fulham upcoming fixture and we should be there IMHO.
Selling Coady when it looks that we probably will have to play him soon in his regular role sounds all wrong to me at the time when I write this.
Unfortunately..but after Leeds..it is what it is.
Isn´t it?
Did people watch last season and how the defence was for large parts. Sa saved 10ish goals

Tors

Reaction score
The way we are at the moment, Cody could play as a striker , I would have replaced Hwang with him at leeds in the second half. He's a better player than Neil E.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another loan with an option to buy, huh? This has "Shi disasterclass" written all over it.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Although it is sad, our first choice back line is currently RAN-Kilman-Collins-Jonny and without Coady our second choice backline would be Toti-Boly-Mosquera-Semedo. Even if we had to revert to a 3, there are easily enough options to render Coady dispensible.

He does need to be first choice leading into the World Cup and I do believe he can only really play in a three.

The only issue I have is that the price should be more like £25mill. £12mill is half price and a loan with any sort of appearance based obligation is scandalous. It should just be £25mill up front, thanks very much for your service, you are welcome back any time.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way we are at the moment, Cody could play as a striker , I would have replaced Hwang with him at leeds in the second half. He's a better player than Neil E.
Coady!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hold on… we are told it is sell to buy and we loan the guy out with money to come next season potentially????

Am I missing something here?

So we let him go, where is the money coming from to cover the loss THIS season?

Or will we spend it in advance of the guaranteed sale which must be an obligation as if it is an “option to buy” then I am sorry this is another **** up to add to the adama debacle……

If he leaves, surely it needs to be a transfer straight up?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liam Keen saying it's an option to buy not an obligation ....
And just seen on here 12million too…..

£12million for an England international and weaken ourselves for an option…..

So we significantly undervalue him
And no guarentee of money….. how are people still defending the clowns running our club?

I am sorry I don’t care if it is “best for coady” he is an employee of our club and it needs to be what is best for us.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I did think that at the walk around the last home game of the season that Coady seemed fairly quiet. I know our season went out with a wimper but while we were all seeing the tears in Neves eyes cause he might be off, I think Coady was also taking in the crowd and the moment as he may also of thought his time was up. Shame its reported he seems keen to move, I'm sure its a tough decision though as he clearly loves the club and is proud to be captain. I guess moving back home maybe appealing for him and his family.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Something I haven’t seen mentioned that will play a big part in his decision, is that he loves playing football.

Some players might be completely content to sit on the bench every week and pick up the dollars. Coady, is not one of those players. The camera panned over to him a couple of times, yesterday and you could see the desperation on his face. He was kicking every ball.

If you love playing football, sitting on the bench, watching a game you could have potentially taken part in, is not fun, no worse place to be.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for all parties but some just use it as another stick to beat Shi and Sellars with
I'm not one for bashing Sellars and Shi, but that's not a good price for a player of Coady's caliber.

I can understand selling if Coady wants the move, but they should be able to negotiate a better deal.

It's the Matt Doherty transfer all over again. We're having our pants pulled down on the price for a player it'll be hard to replace.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun obviously have a huge respect for Connor and have put his feelings ahead of what would be best for business.

That is rare in football and is very admirable. However I can fully understand why people would be unhappy with it.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A regular England international over the last couple of seasons and we're gonna let him go for a measly £12m....top work by the hierarchy that!
****ing criminal how little we seem to get for our players, compared to the prices received by others!!!
he won’t play so if he wants his front row seat at the World Cup i suppose he has to play , love the guy but find it farcical when people say England international and wants to play at the World Cup because he’s only ever played against sides where a mannequin would suffice in defence and he’s in the England squad for his personality and leadership qualities alone

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The £12million quoted will actually be less because I’m certain Huddersfield had a sell on clause when we got him from them.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with every word in this thread about a loan, the fee, etc.
Having said all that there are few players where Id be willing for the club to go a long way to fulfill his wishes
If Coady has strongly pushed for a move, then I do understand why the club hasn't played hardball with Everton. No it's not our problem they don't money.
But Coady has been an amazing servant and while there's no room for sentiment in football, I quite frankly couldn't see us drag our feet over this, ending up with an unhappy Coady at the bench, probably seeing his WC chance disappear.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with every word in this thread about a loan, the fee, etc.
Having said all that there are few players where Id be willing for the club to go a long way to fulfill his wishes
If Coady has strongly pushed for a move, then I do understand why the club hasn't played hardball with Everton. No it's not our problem they don't money.
But Coady has been an amazing servant and while there's no room for sentiment in football, I quite frankly couldn't see us drag our feet over this, ending up with an unhappy Coady at the bench, probably seeing his WC chance disappear.
Sorry but if the club are saying it is sell to buy, money is tight and us having to pay more to be competitive to take way less than conor is worth because of sentiment then I am sorry drop our ticket prices down next season as clearly they don’t mind giving money away.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sell
Three CB's is too safe to fall back into.
We could be another season down the road if we go back to that.
We need to draw line through three CB's and while Coady is here so is that temptation.

Oldvic161

Groupie
Reaction score
Surely Everton have still got the Richarlison money to buy Conor right now, sad to see such a great ambassador go but on the pitch he’s on the way down I feel.

Wolf of Wall Heath

Reaction score
A real shame to see a great ambassador for the club leave (if he does) but entirely understandable. It’s also a shame how many of the posters in the thread that love him can’t even spell his ****** name properly.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing is for sure, I won’t be able to listen to Tears for Fears, Everybody Wants to Rule the World anymore.

Always think of him when that’s played since our FA Cup run!

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Evertons predicament at CB it should be money up front, no loan...they are desperate....I just don't understand what Shi and Sellers are playing at..

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really impressed with the deal as the more games he plays it's unlikely his value will do anything but drop. Whilst I maintain the gushing from supporters is a tad OTT, he did give us some very decent performances as Captain (especially when Nuno first transformed him and he had players like Doc on speed dial with his raking passes). I do think he's got to the point where he's having to concentrate on his own game too much to be of any organisational use, and whilst his leadership qualities will be missed, I think there's probably enough in the squad to not miss him too much. Coady could be quite domineering, maybe this will give other players the opportunity to come out of their shells a little bit and take centre stage

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reluctantly put sell because i think for him its the right thing to do. I can see why they may consider a loan to do the right thing by him, but it has to be a loan with an obligation to buy. We cant keep doing favours for players and other clubs.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this stupid rumoured loan with no obligation goes through, without a massive loan fee at the very least, then Sellars has to go. Guedes would be a Mendez move, no credit to Scott. O. U. T.

D

Deleted member (smith)

Brighton have sold first teamers like white , cucurella and bissouma….but all at very high prices. As an England int you would think coady was worth 30 million plus ….but a loan with no obligation…did we learn nothing from Traore.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the disillusioned thread Mixers are complaining about how the game has changed for the worse and it’s all big money today etc.
But over here on the Coady thread, many Mixers are complaining about the Coady deal and how we should get every penny for Coady out of Everton.

Two different narratives.

But Wolves want to make this easy for Coady and are allowing him to leave as a classy gesture of goodwill.
Well done Wolves ……..it’s not always about the money.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the disillusioned thread Mixers are complaining about how the game has changed for the worse and it’s all big money today etc.
But over here on the Coady thread, many Mixers are complaining about the Coady deal and how we should get every penny for Coady out of Everton.

But Wolves want to make this easy for Coady and are allowing him to leave as a classy gesture of goodwill.

There is just no balance though. Nothing wrong with respecting him enough to loan him out in a world cup year but at the same time a loan with an obligation to buy is perfectly acceptable and i think Coady himself would agree. They could easily make the fee reasonable so we arent pricing him out of a move.

For a company like Fosun who are clearly smart at making money, these kind of deals have me scratching my head. We are basically strengthening a rival for nothing.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is just no balance though. Nothing wrong with respecting him enough to loan him out in a world cup year but at the same time a loan with an obligation to buy is perfectly acceptable and i think Coady himself would agree. They could easily make the fee reasonable so we arent pricing him out of a move.

For a company like Fosun who are clearly smart at making money, these kind of deals have me scratching my head. We are basically strengthening a rival for nothing.
Respectfully, you don’t know what Coady would or would not agree with.

One thing I keep noticing is fans constantly judging Wolves decision through their own eyes. That only leads to frustration and then that leads to resentment.

You most likely wouldn’t ‘nt be scratching your head if you were part of or privy to how and why decisions are made. They’d make sense then even if philosophically you were opposed.

Last edited:

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Get all that etc… and agree somewhat, but Everton have been burning money like it’s gone out of fashion for years. What happens now if one of our targets now becomes into their sights as they have more cash available from not spending so much on Coady, additionally the increases on our season tickets or match day prices could have been financed by this kind of daft agreement, if it materialises into what is being mooted.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respectfully, you don’t know what Coady would or would not agree with.

One thing I keep noticing is fans constantly judging Wolves decision through their own eyes. That only leads to frustration and then that leads to resentment.

You most likely wouldn’t ‘nt be scratching your head if you were part of or privy to how and why decisions are made. They’d make sense then even if philosophically you were opposed.

Nonsense. He knows how the game works. Everyone knows how the game works. You dont just hand over an influential leader to a direct rival with no obligation to buy on their part. Connor might not like it if we blocked the deal based on us insisting on an obligation to buy clause but i would pretty much guarantee you he would understand why.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nonsense. He knows how the game works. Everyone knows how the game works. You dont just hand over an influential leader to a direct rival with no obligation to buy on their part. Connor might not like it if we blocked the deal based on us insisting on an obligation to buy clause but i would pretty much guarantee you he would understand why.
Ok…..fine…….it’s nonsense.

However, just like the Traore or Silva deals, Wolves have made decisions and appear to be making one regarding Coady that some fans think are stupid.
Now, we can presume Wolves are bright, not drunk , hacked by Haitian voodoo witch doctors , or their family are being held at gunpoint but yet they’ve made these decisions.

Why do they? If I believe Jeff and co. are not stupid, ( and they‘re not ), then what other possible scenarios are at play here?

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's early doors but the whole defence (all four of them) were at sixes and sevens yesterday, and I don't mean ratings. More like fours and fives.

There was no calmness, no organisation. Just total panic for ninety minutes.

On that performance, I'm not sure the formation change is what's required, even though Bruno seems hell bent on implementing it. If it doesn't fix the issues then Bruno's gone by Xmas anyway.

Would be a shame to sacrifice one of our top performers over the last five years for a failed tactics change. The next manager would in all probability love to have Coady in the ranks.
Defence played well

Ait nouri made two mistakes and sa one mistake ffs

They cut us open at the end when we threw bodies forward but that’s to be expected

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but if the club are saying it is sell to buy, money is tight and us having to pay more to be competitive to take way less than conor is worth because of sentiment then I am sorry drop our ticket prices down next season as clearly they don’t mind giving money away.

Yes I get all that. And still I think its nice to see our club priorities a club legends wish over finances.
Could benefit us in the long run too as players might be more eager to join of they know they're seen as humans as well as players.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defence played well

Ait nouri made two mistakes and sa one mistake ffs

They cut us open at the end when we threw bodies forward but that’s to be expected

Leeds having a lot lower XG (0.80) than us (1.87) supports that view. There were a few nervy moments when we had problem dealing with their pressure when passing it around, but in general we didnt give many chances away.

T

TheConcourse

I know it's early doors but the whole defence (all four of them) were at sixes and sevens yesterday, and I don't mean ratings. More like fours and fives.

There was no calmness, no organisation. Just total panic for ninety minutes.

On that performance, I'm not sure the formation change is what's required, even though Bruno seems hell bent on implementing it. If it doesn't fix the issues then Bruno's gone by Xmas anyway.

Would be a shame to sacrifice one of our top performers over the last five years for a failed tactics change. The next manager would in all probability love to have Coady in the ranks.
You must have missed the end of last season?

Back
Top Bottom