Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Buy clause would suggest it’s an obligation to buy.

Fine with me if it allows us to bring in a striker

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have the absolute worst senior management in the PL, by a country mile.

Just when you think that they cannot sink any lower......they do.

Loan. Where are the words for that? Everton are desperate after the weekend!!!!!!!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
We have the absolute worst senior management in the PL, by a country mile.

Just when you think that they cannot sink any lower......they do.

Loan. Where are the words for that? Everton are desperate after the weekend!!!!!!!
It's an obligation to buy. Keep up.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'll be sad to see him go, no matter his limitations as a player and that doesn't mean he is a bad player he is a good one.

I think we also owe it to him if a move comes through as it is likely to be his last chance to play as a world cup.

He has symbolised our rise, a bang average championship centre mid transformed into an England defender and also England captain.

A credit to himself and the club, legend is thrown around easily now but I think with coady it is deserved.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically confirmed that it's an obligation by multiple sources. Just no idea on what the fee of that obligation is.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw someone mention £12m. If that's true it's criminal.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obligation is presumably for Everton’s benefit with their FFP issues.

With Guedes deal to take us past £50m net spend so far this summer it also suggests we aren’t overly concerned about the money coming in this summer which perhaps implies our pot isn’t as empty as thought or money is coming in from elsewhere still.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£12 million lol. Not sure which we are worse at, selling or buying?

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A regular England international over the last couple of seasons and we're gonna let him go for a measly £12m....top work by the hierarchy that!
****ing criminal how little we seem to get for our players, compared to the prices received by others!!!

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Atleast as a loanee he wouldnt presumably be eligible to play against us?

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We must be the only club not to take Everton to the cleaners over the last 5 years when selling a player. A virtually impossible feat, especially when they are absolutely desperate after 2x major CB injuries over the weekend.

They payed c200m for Iwobi FFS.

"Trust us"

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised he doesn't want to fight for his place and get back into the team.Seems desperate to leave .

blackbullyV2

Reaction score
Don't sell him, for crying out loud. He's been one of our consistent highlights for years. We'll revert to 5 at the back at some point, even if it's to close out games, or against the likes of City. That's presuming we don't go back to it anyway.

Everton are desperate, make them suffer. They're direct rivals, why would you give them our captain??

Selling him so that he gets a shot at the world Cup is absurd, he won't play anyway, maybe against Iraq at best. Since when have club transfers been dictated by the potential future international prospects of the player? It's a ludicrous concept.

Tell Everton to do one, unless it's crazy money.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Surprised he doesn't want to fight for his place and get back into the team.Seems desperate to leave .
World Cup season. If he didn't claim back his place relatively quickly he definitely won't be in the England squad. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for him.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Don't mind selling Coady but the price is 5-8M to low. A loan with option is idiocy.

Should be getting good value so we can get the players we need in key positions

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't sell him, for crying out loud. He's been one of our consistent highlights for years. We'll revert to 5 at the back at some point, even if it's to close out games, or against the likes of City. That's presuming we don't go back to it anyway.

Everton are desperate, make them suffer. They're direct rivals, why would you give them our captain??

Selling him so that he gets a shot at the world Cup is absurd, he won't play anyway, maybe against Iraq at best. Since when have club transfers been dictated by the potential future international prospects of the player? It's a ludicrous concept.

Tell Everton to do one, unless it's crazy money.
Yup. He’s played every game for the last 5 years. We shouldn’t be selling him right now, especially in a loan to buy deal for a paltry fee.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton are desperate, they are in serious need for a CB after what happened yesterday and we could basically name our price. If we've honestly agreed to only an option to buy knowing that, and especially after what happened with Traore, I really have lost faith with Shi.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for all parties but some just use it as another stick to beat Shi and Sellars with

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it’s far to early to sell Coady, maybe in January but not in this window, what happens if we loose the next 3 games and scrap a back 4 and revert to a 5, to me it’s a gamble we don’t need to take

It’s a great bit of business for Everton sadly. For comparative peanuts they massively reduce their relegation chances imo.

With Tarkowski and Coady as two of their back three, Pickford in goal and Gueye offering protection, they’ll defend deep and get plenty of clean sheets and points; more than enough to stay up even if they don’t bring in a new striker.

Everton lacked leadership last year and Coady will bring that to the party as we all know. He’ll massively help Lampard too and act as a bridge between him and the dressing room.

It really does like we’re massively shooting ourselves in the foot with this one. It limits our ability to switch systems across and even within games, tears up the insurance policy if 4 at the back doesn’t work and the void in the dressing room is obviously going to be huge.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
World Cup season. If he didn't claim back his place relatively quickly he definitely won't be in the England squad. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for him.
Think the club have been decent to him then letting him go so quickly.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After watching our rather horrible defensive performance in our losing effort against Leeds yesterday..I´ve changed my mind.
I am totally unconvinced we have the manpower necessary to be able to cope going four at the back over the major part of the season.
We looked worringly vulnerable yesterday,and this was against Leeds..an opposition not exactly the strongest in Premier League to put it very mildly.
I fear we are going to have to switch to five at the back again..and pretty soon at that.
Fact is..another sub level defensive performance against Fulham upcoming fixture and we should be there IMHO.
Selling Coady when it looks that we probably will have to play him soon in his regular role sounds all wrong to me at the time when I write this.
Unfortunately..but after Leeds..it is what it is.
Isn´t it?

hollandwolf

Reaction score
Seems Mark Lawrenson was right all along in respect of what he told me in Portugal back in June
I wonder if the delay relates to other details and moves falling into place

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Godfrey got injured yesterday and ended up in hospital. I'd be amazed now if Everton don't come in for him and provided we get a money up front deal (to re-invest this window) I'd let him go and hope he makes the England team. Kilman and Collins are the way ahead and 4 is the system which we must stick with.
Godfrey fractured his leg. Bye, bye Coady it is. Good luck on Merseyside. It will be strange seeing him lining up against us.

Back
Top Bottom