Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you sell Coady or keep

Coady

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read somewhere seven point five million loan fee ..?
I heard it was close to £8m at the time of the transfer from an exec at a club that was interested in him, so that sounds about right.

Wolves favoured this deal over a loan to buy with commitment to pay the full fee at the end because they wanted the benefits of receiving the £8m this season, and were prepared to do a cut-price deal to get those benefits. Not saying it is the right thing either way, just what I heard - approx. £8m up front, £4.5m to make permanent (it's a formality, just accounting), no add-ons (AFAIK)

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard it was close to £8m at the time of the transfer from an exec at a club that was interested in him, so that sounds about right.

Wolves favoured this deal over a loan to buy with commitment to pay the full fee at the end because they wanted the benefits of receiving the £8m this season, and were prepared to do a cut-price deal to get those benefits. Not saying it is the right thing either way, just what I heard - approx. £8m up front, £4.5m to make permanent (it's a formality, just accounting), no add-ons (AFAIK)
That sounds about what I thought it was. Does seem fairly low but then again it’s about the same as Doc and Donk. We just don’t keep older experienced players hanging around on the bench. Probably why Boly expected to be allowed to leave.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good few on here play the "England international" card when it suits their negative narrative it has to be said. How many of them were saying Kilman should be in ahead of him?

Plus, without being mean to Conor who I think has been a fantastic ambassador, he's not exactly trusted to PLAY in any England games. He didnt even get minutes when 4-0 up with 20 mins to go against Ukraine in the Euros.

That said, £4.5m isnt enough. But id be surprised if it is that.
i’ve never said Kilman should be ahead of him, and why does he still make squads?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pundits having a real go at us about letting Coady go. Not surprised to be honest. From the outside it would seem strange, particularly with us now struggling and this rumoured £4.5 million fee.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although I agree.. it’s a bit of a continuing slight at Wolves now from the media and outside.. and we’ve got rid of Lage, so we need to move on from this and stick together.

Agree in some way. I think it all stems from the Mendes links and having so many players from his company. Some of the critics are OTT though and clueless.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady is very good with the media and came across well, giving them plenty of time. That’s why they like him.

The media hated Nuno as he wasn’t interested in playing the media.

We see it time and time again, they have their favourites. Gerrard can do no wrong. Lampard should have been given more time at Chelsea. Steve Bruce didn’t deserve the grief he got at Newcastle.

Have mates in the media and half the battle is won.

Back
Top Bottom