Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

World Cup Squad Rules

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FIFA's latest farce: 26 player squad with all available on a matchday off the bench (I e. 15 potential substitutes)... The Americanisation of our game continues!

Three guesses what the big boys will be after in the PL.....

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
In my opinion with the heat in Qatar that is probably reasonable and sensible - but it's got to be a one off. With regards the premier league the "elite" 6 can still be out voted as they need 2/3 to agree which is 14. But it depends who the top 6 are or whether Newcastle think they can get in there

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my opinion with the heat in Qatar that is probably reasonable and sensible - but it's got to be a one off. With regards the premier league the "elite" 6 can still be out voted as they need 2/3 to agree which is 14. But it depends who the top 6 are or whether Newcastle think they can get in there
I hope that you are right. I fear that its another step down the slippery slope.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
'Got to be a one off'- just like five subs was a one off for the return after Covid. Good luck with that.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The weather is normally really pleasant during the November/December period, so heat wouldn't be an issue.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can' be bothered how many subs there are as I'll be washing my hair when the world cup is on.

Ebbo

Reaction score
Really not bothered about the World Cup at all. Usually something to watch in the close season, until Wolves are playing again, but this one just isn’t right on so many levels.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FIFA's latest farce: 26 player squad with all available on a matchday off the bench (I e. 15 potential substitutes)... The Americanisation of our game continues!

Three guesses what the big boys will be after in the PL.....

11-12 substitutes have been named in world cups for over 20 years so not that different really.

Just means you havnt got to leave 3 of the squad out.

The rules for bringing players on is 5 with a 6th in extra time, the same as the Euros last year.

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
11-12 substitutes have been named in world cups for over 20 years so not that different really.

Just means you havnt got to leave 3 of the squad out.

The rules for bringing players on is 5 with a 6th in extra time, the same as the Euros last year.
Are there concussion substitutes in the World Cup?

Back
Top Bottom