Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Women - News and Info

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2, as shown above. Top is WSL, then Championship, then 3rd tier is Northern and Southern National Leagues, who play off for promotion to Championship.

Edit: To dot the i's, we are on course to win Northern league.
If we could get into the WSL would be big money. The promotion this season is huge if it happens YOU GO GIRLS!! Xx

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you saying that the top team doesn’t go up automatically?

Sadly that is the case - the winners of each division go in a straight Play-Off, with the winner replacing the bottom placed team in the Championship.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is looking amazingly good!

It will be one of either Ipswich Town, Southampton or Oxford United in the Play-Off, to get Promoted to the Championship.
Southampton and Ipswich’s records look amazing. Wouldn’t fancy being the Hounslow goalkeeper…..for a few reasons.

1648499444755.png

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come our girls are so far down the leagues? Poor planning at the beginning or just slow to react.?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come our girls are so far down the leagues? Poor planning at the beginning or just slow to react.?

I think the women were quite far down the pyramid before they became officially affiliated with the mens side? It's been a case of steady progress slowed by Covid since then. Man U didn't even have a womens team but got put straight in to the Championship when they created one a few years ago

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
They’ve been denied promotion through covid other wise they’d be higher possibly. Your question is a bit like asking why aren’t Kidderminster in the premier league. They play at a tiny ground in front of a couple of hundred there is no tv money for them the difference between them and the womens super league is immense.
it’s all about money Man Utd women had a crowd of 20k this week the revenue is so much higher

Last edited:

SuziQ

Reaction score
League game against Brighouse on 13th April has been moved to Molineux.

Seats in lower Billy Wright available, £5 for adults (concessions are available for kids etc) and free to members and season ticket holders.

Nothing on the Wolves site with details but tickets can be booked through the website now.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A 2-1 Win v Huddersfield Town at Castlecroft this afternoon, puts us 1 POINT AWAY from the Women's National League Northern Premier Division title!

Tickets for the match which @SuziQ refers are FREE for STH's and Member's and £5 adults, £2 Under 21's and Over 65's and £1 Under 17's.

The possble title clincher, is next Sunday at Castlecroft at 2pm v Sheffield FC.

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will they go into the WSL when they win the National League Northern Premier Division title! ?

Kford

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s a ridiculous rule as should be first 2 teams go up automatically like in mens league. Anyway I have every faith in wolves women

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a ridiculous rule as should be first 2 teams go up automatically like in mens league. Anyway I have every faith in wolves women
It is a ridiculous rule. I understand the leagues are smaller so less churn is fine, but to only get one between the north/south is barmy.
One each, fine.
It’s not even like it’s the same kind of culture/club ethos choke point of the WSL being full pro when none of the rest are. We’ve gained quite a few players from further up the pyramid that specifically didn’t want to be full-time pro due to existing outside careers.
Confusing.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't follow Wolves women or womens football and when I see the size of the Wolves player on the OS today (Report Wolves 2-1 Huddersfield) how can she be considered a sportswoman? She's got to be at least 2 stone overweight and for a footballer than must be dangerous? If she's representing Wolves that's not a great advert for the Club.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Someone needs to do a 10kForWW type thing here.

If the club could fill the South Bank, they'd carry them to the title and the playoff victory. Maybe they should schedule it directly before the mens game and get people to go early...

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't follow Wolves women or womens football and when I see the size of the Wolves player on the OS today (Report Wolves 2-1 Huddersfield) how can she be considered a sportswoman? She's got to be at least 2 stone overweight and for a footballer than must be dangerous? If she's representing Wolves that's not a great advert for the Club.
scored 2 though??

look at Adebayo Akinfenwa you can say he's over weight, but wouldn't to his face but does a job for his team.

They are also part time i am lead to believe, so maybe dont be all to judgmental

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Scored twice though...
As that seems to be your first comment on the women's side and their achievements this season, and evidently the best you can offer, make it your last as well hey?

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I know that but get that my post wasn't clear, thanks. Out of curiosity what is promotion between the Championship and WSL like?
It’s usually the top two but it’s very dependent on the team being able to support becoming fully professional so you could win the league but not be promoted.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I normally resist the many calls that you are on the wind up and leave it as your opinion, but I'm really starting to re-evaluate this. In future have think before posting and probably give this particular thread a miss.

I'm not looking for a discussion on this either. So we'll leave it there.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
You received a lot of support on here from many (including me) when someone tried to shame you for missing games due to Covid. We had your back, and although I still feel I did the right thing, comments like this really leave a bitter taste in the mouth and make me question my support.

In recent times I've noted three occasions when you have had unprovoked swipes at other posters with some mealy mouthed and ignorant comments. Two of which were ignored by the targets, probably for the best. The other you rightly received a lot of flak for. This latest piece of nastiness is totally uncalled for and doesn't do you any favours. You either have absolutely no self-awareness, or have a real mean streak. Hopefully it's the former and it's unintentional. Maybe take a few minutes to consider what you are posting and how it might make others feel in the future. None of us are perfect, and I've made a right **** of myself at times, I like to think I learn from my mistakes though, you could take the opportunity to do so too.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You received a lot of support on here from many (including me) when someone tried to shame you for missing games due to Covid. We had your back, and although I still feel I did the right thing, comments like this really leave a bitter taste in the mouth and make me question my support.

In recent times I've noted three occasions when you have had unprovoked swipes at other posters with some mealy mouthed and ignorant comments. Two of which were ignored by the targets, probably for the best. The other you rightly received a lot of flak for. This latest piece of nastiness is totally uncalled for and doesn't do you any favours. You either have absolutely no self-awareness, or have a real mean streak. Hopefully it's the former and it's unintentional. Maybe take a few minutes to consider what you are posting and how it might make others feel in the future. None of us are perfect, and I've made a right **** of myself at times, I like to think I learn from my mistakes though, you could take the opportunity to do so too.
Just seen this and I don't come on here looking for support or 'likes'. I come on here as a Wolves fan with an opinion. I don't have a mean streak or look to wind people up but I do like to express a view even if it goes against the perceived wisdom on here. .... as Bod and Mutchy have advised above perhaps I should leave it at that. I'm sorry if I upset you; that was not my intention.

(No, you should have left it at that full stop. Not reiterate what you said and then say you should leave it. Mind how and what you post. Mutchy.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Wolves Women semi-pro? I know the WSL teams are all full time professionals, I'm not sure about us or teams lower down the ladder, I'm guessing our girls aren't full time?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are Wolves Women semi-pro? I know the WSL teams are all full time professionals, I'm not sure about us or teams lower down the ladder, I'm guessing our girls aren't full time?

I'm not sure, but Leicester City Ladies only became full time after winning promotion, so I would guess that it is not financially viable for ladies teams to go full time until they reach the WSL.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Yes they are semi pro they need to be fully professional to get into wsl, the championship is a mix of semi-pro and fully pro. The club are helping them to get the infrastructures right so that they have a chance of promotion

To win promotion to the Championship and be just one level from the top-flight WSL, they’d have to win the league they are in and then come through a play-off against the winners of the Southern Division — and then they’d have to lodge a business proposal to be approved as a Championship club.

Last edited:

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes they are semi pro they need to be fully professional to get into wsl, the championship is a mix of semi-pro and fully pro. The club are helping them to get the infrastructures right so that they have a chance of promotion

To win promotion to the Championship and be just one level from the top-flight WSL, they’d have to win the league they are in and then come through a play-off against the winners of the Southern Division — and then they’d have to lodge a business proposal to be approved as a Championship club.

That's a bit over complicted ay it, why don't they just keep things simple! I think we'll finish top, fingers crossed for the rest as our girls deserve it

Back
Top Bottom