Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Fulham comms thread.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish performance against a team nailed-on to finish 18th or worse.

Need a first XI striker and CM stat. Neither Raul or Joao change that result IMO. Podence nowhere good enough.

Real questions for me about Bruno's game management and tactics. Subs came too late and the wrong player was subbed.

Sa MOTM for saving the PK, followed closely by Collins and Kilman.

Ref was crap.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Worrying times, badly need a goalscorer.....
2nd half abysmal.
I am not concerned yet but unless we bring some quality in before the window closes we will be struggling big time.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, that’s because we put two absolute sitters wide….

They really should. But the standard of our performance wasn't acceptable, and coming off the back of a poor half a season last year I don't think it's good enough.

We had a good chance to get points early on and we have blown it big time.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They really should. But the standard of our performance wasn't acceptable, and coming off the back of a poor half a season last year I don't think it's good enough.

We had a good chance to get points early on and we have blown it big time.
Yup. Can't argue with that.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell it’s like BBC News on here such are the downbeat comments.

colincameron

Reaction score
This performance aside, Lage never has been, and never will be, a wolves man. You can just feel it is not there like it was with Nuno, Mick and even Jackett. How long will we persist?? Sadly, his meagreness is sapping our energy. We seriously have no identity anymore. Fanbase, heart and soul of the club, feels disillusioned rather than angry. I think that’s the effect of Lage. Even his temper at the end of matches seems disingenuous. He’s a manager for European leagues, not the black country. Say what you like about lack of backing, he was employed as a safe pair of hands prior to lopetegui but that didn’t materialise, I’m convinced of it. But how long can a club go on with essentially a caretaker manager? He’s impossible to get behind, he doesn’t have the charisma to appeal to the fans and performances are simply a reflection of that, heartless. It’s so telling off the back of Nuno when even in the dark days, it was moody, it was emotional, it was spirited. ‘Why is Nuno just sitting there?’ Ala albion defeat, we cared about him, we hung on his actions, we got angry at him, we celebrated successes together… there’s just an indifference and apathy towards Lage.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell it’s like BBC News on here such are the downbeat comments.
I mean, there wasn’t much to shout about really. First half I was positive and could see us kicking on but we went backwards and it fell apart.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure about “lost the plot”. It looked very much like, we didn’t have one in the first place.

Perhaps the transition to a back four will take time for players to adapt but it really was difficult to understand what certain players instructions were.

Until we get a natural goal scorer and a CM that can carry the ball, I don’t see anything changing. It’s the same old aimless, lacklustre approach that’s been around for too long now.

A lot of our players underperformed today and that was disappointing. The only plus for me, is that Kilman seemed to cope with everything and didn’t need to get out of first gear.

Given that him and Collins have only had a few games together, it really does bode well for the future in the centre of defence, thankfully, because with our ineptitude in the opposing box, we’re going to have to be tight at the back.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the missed chances, individual mistakes and general frustration, it does appear to be getting better. Moving to a back 4 was never going to be easy. Clean sheet is massive, albeit a bit fortunate.

In hindsight, Bruno should have gone to a back 4 second half of last season ready for this season, but I suppose we didn't have the personnel.

It was certainly more exiting to watch than last season, albeit with that final bit still missing.

Excited to see any 3 of Gibbs-White, Neto, Guedes, Podence or Traore playing behind an actual striker.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, there wasn’t much to shout about really. First half I was positive and could see us kicking on but we went backwards and it fell apart.

Oh I don’t know. How about asking when was the last time Sa saved a penalty?

This Fulham team gave Liverpool a hard time last week, so it’s hardly a walk in the park. We missed a key player midfield again, and a proper striker, and our new forward only got 30 mins. It was never going to be easy or pretty.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I don’t know. How about asking when was the last time Sa saved a penalty?

This Fulham team gave Liverpool a hard time last week, so it’s hardly a walk in the park. We missed a key player midfield again, and a proper striker, and our new forward only got 30 mins. It was never going to be easy or pretty.
I was expecting this game, pretty sure I said it in the predictions. Doesn’t mean I have to like it.

The Sa save was great but it was luckily a poor penalty which otherwise would have meant we lost to another poor side.

The lack of midfield and striker options aren’t bad luck, it’s lack of support from the board and lack of foresight.

Hopefully all that changes and we start to spend and get the squad we need.

As it stands, there were very few positives to take from todays game (second half especially) and you’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was expecting this game, pretty sure I said it in the predictions. Doesn’t mean I have to like it.

The Sa save was great but it was luckily a poor penalty which otherwise would have meant we lost to another poor side.

The lack of midfield and striker options aren’t bad luck, it’s lack of support from the board and lack of foresight.

Hopefully all that changes and we start to spend and get the squad we need.

As it stands, there were very few positives to take from todays game (second half especially) and you’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
As I said, this “poor” Fulham team got a result against Liverpool last week.

We started with the same weakened 11 as last week, but a stronger bench. Traore came on and was garbage. Guedes looked the part, and it was great to see Semedo back.

We are short a number 9 and desperately short in midfield. Sort that and I think we will look decent. I’m saying that having been very critical of Jeff and Scott to the point of writing a letter to Jeff a few weeks ago telling him poor our business had been to date.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Terrible football. I thought Kilman did great though. And yes, there are some large holes in this squad, but I have absolutely no faith in this manager. Sorry.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No excuse why mitrovuc wasn’t sent off

Absolutely insane
I couldn't understand that. Should have been two yellows for him at best, he either got away with a shocking challenge or he got away with sticking his head in

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I thought we played OK but we were to slow and safe playing out from the back. The amount of times the forward players showed then the ball went to the full back and then back again.

Also, the little flicks were getting annoying as it broke down promising moves alot.

If were going to continue to play this was Raul needs to be fit ASAP or we need a target man to play off.

Also, Ref was awful. Mitrovic is a myth. Kilman and Collins had him.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said, this “poor” Fulham team got a result against Liverpool last week.

We started with the same weakened 11 as last week, but a stronger bench. Traore came on and was garbage. Guedes looked the part, and it was great to see Semedo back.

We are short a number 9 and desperately short in midfield. Sort that and I think we will look decent. I’m saying that having been very critical of Jeff and Scott to the point of writing a letter to Jeff a few weeks ago telling him poor our business had been to date.
Agree, for all the negativity I’m not horrendously upset as we’ve set ourselves up for this start by weakening the squad and gambling on fitness. We’ve thrown away points that we shouldn’t have.

Fulham are a poor side and will be down there come the end of the season, same with Leeds. We could well be down there with them too, who knows?!

The subs didn’t have an impact at all, apart from Semedo. Guedes looks the part but didn’t have any influence, I’d put that down to him coming on for the wrong player. Adama may as well not have bothered, clearly wasn’t fit and clearly wasn’t/isn’t suited to how we play.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, in the old days, there were never any arguments because it wasn't displayed on a big screen and it was solely down to the ref to arbitrate.
But it's still bull****. It's a competition that one guy is just picking a number out of his ass. And then extra time tends to have a lot of time wasting that never gets added on.

Just my opinion.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's rugby union like?
Basically the referee stops the clock for disputed decisions and injuries and then signals for it to be restarted. At 80 minutes hooter sounds and play continues until an infringement or the ball goes dead.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically the referee stops the clock for disputed decisions and injuries and then signals for it to be restarted. At 80 minutes hooter sounds and play continues until an infringement or the ball goes dead.
No hooters in Union, they are too posh for it. Just a jolly old whistle.(see my comments above - hooters are used in proper northern rugby.)

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
F**ing tedious, but the time keeping is better.
No hooters in Union, they are too posh for it. Just a jolly old whistle.(see my comments above - hooters are used in proper northern rugby.)
Yeah, I'm used to sports like hockey. Any stop in play results in time being stopped and then restarted when the puck re-enters play. There's no ifs ands or buts.

I guess, in theory, it could "kill" some of the late game drama. But it's also ridiculous when you play 8 minutes of extra time, with 5 minutes of it as stopped play, and the ref adds 30 seconds.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm used to sports like hockey. Any stop in play results in time being stopped and then restarted when the puck re-enters play. There's no ifs ands or buts.

I guess, in theory, it could "kill" some of the late game drama. But it's also ridiculous when you play 8 minutes of extra time, with 5 minutes of it as stopped play, and the ref adds 30 seconds.
Quite agree and there is no reason why proper timekeeping wouldn't work in football. It's just the inbuilt consevatism of the game that stops them trying it. Don't believe anyone who tells you it would result in 2 hour matches. It doesn't have that result in either code of rugby. It would however still depend on the referee properly enforcing the rules, which they seem reluctant to do, in this, as well as other areas of the game. Oh and I must admit I could live without some of the "late game drama", though I suspect keeping it might be a reason the TV paymasters might object to any reforms.

Back
Top Bottom