Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Braga Verdict

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Losing 1-0 to a side that came for a 0-0.

Embarrassing.

D

Deleted member 4436

Played well and probably deserved at least a draw.

We’ll look back on the summer as the one where we lost momentum. I don’t blame Bennett, he’s not good enough to operate at this level. It was absolutely criminal that we didn’t buy a proven CB.

A real opportunity missed this season. We were probably two good signings away from having a really good year.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played pretty well but got done by a mistake. No need for an overreaction but coupling that defeat with the way we’ve been in the league in recent weeks doesn’t look too pretty.

Can’t actually fault any of the starting XI, aside from Bennett’s stray pass which cost us. Moutinho absolutely non-existent apart from his set pieces when he came on. Jota not in the game enough. Traore one good run at the end.

Still five games to put it right.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Saiss in place of Bennett? Not knocking Bennett or Vellejo, just can’t get any worse!

Can it?

D

Deleted member 5635

We didn’t need any extra players in the summer, this small squad with not enough options is the definitely the way to go apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jungleee

Slovan beating Besiktas makes this group very interesting. Considered them the weakest of the group. Still wide open. UTW.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think we played well at all. It’s another poor performance for me. Their keeper barely had a save to make. We look slow and completely devoid of any ideas going forward. We are yet to play “well” this season.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we played well. Just not clicking up front. Don't think Cutrone and Jimenez work together its either/or for me. Like has been said, every mistake seems to lead to a goal too which isn't helping matters.

I feel we need a more mobile attacking midfielder to get up to help the front 2 more often. We were better when Gibbs-White was on the pitch as he offered better movement and found more spaces for us to play to him.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
played ok, but poor in front of goal, another mistake another goal.... it's frustrating!!!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better performance. Better team but conceding awful goals and not putting chances away. Thought Jonny was our best player.

We have to get Adama in the team and given Donk’s poor form of late, I’d seriously consider a return to 3-4-3.
Jonny is a great defender i just don’t think he offers enough for a wing back and I agree Dendoncker is currently offering nothing and hasn’t for a while now

Wswolf

Reaction score
Hardly any chances being created. cant defend. Giving the ball away to easy. Strikers bottling any chances they do get.

Suppose to have 2 footballing maestros in neves and moutinho and cant control the middle of the park.

We are shocking but with such a poor transfer window we havnt got anything else in the squad to change it.

Oh almost forgot MGW =useless

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got beat by a team that had no intention of trying to score. Only looked improved because they let us have the ball, whenever they came forward they looked a bag more threatening than us.

Something is wrong, we look poor, extremely poor.

We are in trouble now.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we played well and don't need over the top reactions that we were awful because we weren't
Our intensity and shape was better than previous couple of performances, we had a couple of good chances that we didn't take
I don't like to pick one player out but Bennetts mistake really was the only difference between the sides and at this level it will get punished.
Its a group thats very close and every team are capable of taking points from one another.
If we play like that in rest of the group games we will win more games than we lose.
Braga played well very good defensively give them credit

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some on here need a reality check.

Not this thread in particular but many recent ones.

Not long back a midweek game was at Stevenage and Oldham ffs.

So we lost a game in Europe, so we played poorly, but come on, some of the comments are crazy.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to take the lead in a game!

Overall very frustrating and ultimately disappointing. But this is Europa League proper now. Braga were very well organized, and did a number on us. I was naive in my understanding of their quality, a very decent team.

Quite satisfying to see their coaching staff celebrating like they’d won the trophy, a positive being we’re already seen as one of the ‘big boys’ here.

As mentioned above every mistake is costing us, and nothing is rolling our way. We weren’t terrible but don’t look like creating much, which needs to change. We need a tactical master stroke like last season vs. Chelsea. I said to my mate during the game that I don’t recall us being cut open so easily last season, even when chasing games...

I love Nuno, and for me his job is under no question, but we need a result Sunday. Badly.

Final thought, what is really disappointing is we could quite easily be out of this after our next match, Besiktas away. That would be a real shame.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first things to clear up. This is nothing to do with fatigue or luck.

We performed above our ability last season and have committed a cardinal sin by resting on our laurels.

Our transfer window was lacklustre at best. How on earth can it be so bleeding obvious to everyone how much we required a midfielder capable of running through the middle and breaking down defensive sides? And yet we addressed that by selling Cavaleiro, buying Cutrone (who I do like and may be a useful asset) and bringing in a defender who by my reckoning looks no better than what we have.

Good sides strengthen when they're at their strongest. Why we thought we could maintain the same depth of squad with a blatantly obvious demand in games is beyond me.

What worries me most is our lack of creativity. Without Traore we create zilch. Absolutely nothing. And yet he's the first man to be criticised. The first to be dropped at any opportunity.

Listen, I'm not getting overly dramatic and calling for heads, stating that we're in for a tough season etc. But I'm really annoyed how much we've almost arrogantly assumed we're going to be successful this campaign from the top down.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I feel like I've been dopped up the bum by a very big stick, made to smell it, and then made to pay for the privilege.
Bennett, wtf!!!! I'm not that fussed about the interception. **** happens! What irked me somewhat was his loss of any resemblance of being a professional footballer, after their goal.

D

Deleted member 4124

Sacrifcied our attacking nous for a "solid" defensive display, and then all it takes is one mistake and we're in the ****.

Adama/Vinagre should play wingbacks when we're against a weaker opponent, like today. With Doc/Jonny against sides like Everton and Chelsea, but we've done the exact opposite. Also don't understand why we can never play a combination of Cutrone/Jimenez with Jota/Neto. Both very very good players, but Cutrone and Jimenez are far too similar for me to be playing alone up front.

Big positive is having Boly back obviously, and thought Gibbs-White was outstanding. Also thought Neves was quite good.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Overall terrible performance against an opposition we should beat every day of the week.
Braga certainly ain´t no worldbeaters,,then again,neither are we.
More of the same stuff..defensive errors the opponents doesn´t make.
Central midfield completely nil.Wingbacks not offering enough going forward.
Forwards misclicking.

Looks like the team is still on holidays.
Lowest I felt under Nuno.The way we are playing right now we´ll play Chumpionship next season.
The sooner the better everyone in and around the team realise it.
Deeply concerned.We are in deep warm stinky brown stuff.

Would snap anyone´s hand off for a point at Palace..cause the way we´re going there are gonna be rien,nothing.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cash in on Neves and upgrade Dendoncker. Then look at the other players and you would think "they could be upgraded too"!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves playing far too deep again for 75% of the game. Acres of space for triangles in the middle of park but nobody there. We need to show a wee bit more intensity and take more risks at home. Still think we are compensating for Coady's lack of pace at the back. Gutted again.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well and probably deserved at least a draw.

We’ll look back on the summer as the one where we lost momentum. I don’t blame Bennett, he’s not good enough to operate at this level. It was absolutely criminal that we didn’t buy a proven CB.

A real opportunity missed this season. We were probably two good signings away from having a really good year.
We have signed a good defender in Jesus.

DarloWolf

Reaction score
Some on here need a reality check.

Not this thread in particular but many recent ones.

Not long back a midweek game was at Stevenage and Oldham ffs.

So we lost a game in Europe, so we played poorly, but come on, some of the comments are crazy.

comments are spot on, we were **** , would of been worse without boly

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bar Cutrone who ran his socks off awful!

Played with 10 men with Neves on the pitch

Back
Top Bottom