Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves u23 Vs WBA U23 - PL Cup Final 13/5/22

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes he did. Have to disagree, there was some of what you say, but Campbell, Cundle, Bueno were consistently in their penalty area, what was lacking was enough shooting - which yes is similar to the first team. Should have won, look on a different planet with our players compared to Albion’s, as another poster said lacking ruthlessness. We had already beaten them 4.0 this season.
Agree, the Albion keeper kept them in the game on at least 2 occaisions from my memory.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.

WBA played to their strength……. and it worked.

We just huffed and puffed with no bloody penetration. Cundle playing like Billy Big *******s and not playing the simple pass, and don’t mention the side foot pen.
I agree about Cundle. Best player on the pitch by a country mile but always wanted one more touch. Hopefully he'll learn.

R

reanswolf

Their support was poor TBH, Wolves I would say definitely out-sung them.
If that had been at Molineux would have been over 20,000.
7500:eek:, including 1900 Wolves fans.
About as intimidating as a Sunday school.

Oh and the Bennies on the pitch, it was really really scary..........................;)

Last edited by a moderator:

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Their support was poor TBH, Wolves I would say definitely out-sung them.
If that had been at Molineux would have been over 20,000.
7500:eek:, including 1900 Wolves fans.
About as intimidating as a Sunday school.

Oh and the Bennies on the pitch, it was really really scary..........................;)
Soon scattered once the police started waggling their truncheons. Looked like it was past most of their fans’ bedtimes anyway.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
As others have said, results are not the be all and end all at this level, it’s about player development. Our boys are on the right path that’s for sure, and they’ll learn from tonight. Of course it would have been fantastic to win a trophy that’s part of football but sometimes there’s a bigger picture. I think the fact it was against that lot has hyped up tonight’s game but the play-off semi on Tuesday is far more important, to be honest.

R

reanswolf

Its ignorance on my behalf, who are the U23s playing on Tuesday?

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ****'s biggest crowd of the season invades the pitch like they won the PL. ****ing idiots.

They goaded some of our players too from seeing stewards moving those "fans" away. It's simply unacceptable and I hope the boys felt the appreciation everyone in the away end showed.

Also our keeper ain't half bad at stopping stop kicks too! Sondergaard has a great future ahead of him.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you practise something, it becomes easier even if the practice is under a less intense situation.
For example, I am a school teacher of Spanish. I demand that GCSE students practise speaking with each other or anyone. Practice makes it less scary when you have to do it for real with Doctor Terror (that's me).
It really shouldn't be controversial.
Non comprende nada

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this will affect the players more than most of the fans. They were just short of winning a final whereas we can see the performance and take a lot of positives from that.

R

reanswolf

I'll wager we never beat the Albion again. The conflicting styles just dictate this. Whilst I do appreciate we were the better team playing the better football (tho admittedly with little end product), in reality it was just a reflection of the 1st team game when we lost 3-2. Sucker punched after lots of tippy-tappy possession, against WBA Globe Trotters.

And just with the 1st team, it seems to be in our DNA to ignore the physical side of the game. Watching the game tonight it was like men against boys size wise, it almost looked like a Wolves 3rd year schoolboys team playing an Albion 4th year schoolboy team.

I suppose if you can't have quality, you compensate with size and brute force, but if only we could learn to realise that a combination serves you far better. Of course, it doesn't really matter that the Under 23s lost (well not too much), but if the first team lost like that we'd all be really gutted.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They did that because Albion showed nothing going forward. 5-4-1 transitioning to 5-5-0. They only came into our half for set pieces. Saved at least 3 and picked the ball out of the net twice. Did you watch the game all the way through?
Modern football isn’t for you

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can`t take much more after wednesday night.
Too many years of watching Wolves always seems my glass is half empty.
Now expect the Women to lose in the final,
the u.23s to lose to Norwich
and the men to finish 9th.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you practise something, it becomes easier even if the practice is under a less intense situation.
For example, I am a school teacher of Spanish. I demand that GCSE students practise speaking with each other or anyone. Practice makes it less scary when you have to do it for real with Doctor Terror (that's me).
It really shouldn't be controversial.

Bueno muy bueno?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
can`t take much more after wednesday night.
Too many years of watching Wolves always seems my glass is half empty.
Now expect the Women to lose in the final,
the u.23s to lose to Norwich
and the men to finish 9th.
I love my club so much, but feel the same. I want us to do so well, but always feel we fall at the final hurdle for everything. We rarely win ‘must win’ games. Maybe its a psychological thing in our DNA,

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Side ways, side ways, back to centre half, back to keeper, back to center half, side ways, and repeat.

Did WBA keeper have a shot to save?

Coached like the first team on that showing.

Well I’d wager he had at least 2.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the game however, to summarise, we have some future world beaters in our team, including some who should be in the first team squad now. Albion were awful, but we lost.

I’d wager the truth is somewhere in the middle.

As for the result, of course we lost to them. Of course we ****ing did.

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Side ways, side ways, back to centre half, back to keeper, back to center half, side ways, and repeat.

Did WBA keeper have a shot to save?

Coached like the first team on that showing.
Best post yet.
It's awful ,and awful to watch , I'm 60 and I could have played centre half in that team last night. No pressure on them from West brom,travel forward with the ball ... but no..tippy tappy 10 yard passes sideways to each other !!!
But like you say, been watching Coady etc

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best post yet.
It's awful ,and awful to watch , I'm 60 and I could have played centre half in that team last night. No pressure on them from West brom,travel forward with the ball ... but no..tippy tappy 10 yard passes sideways to each other !!!
But like you say, been watching Coady etc
They can't exactly lump it to a 5 ft nothing forward

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like the way the U-23s line up in the same formation as the 1st team, but maybe we took it a bit too far.

Hubden mirrors Saiss, right down to the way he tackles, ie late and high; Harkin is Podence's little brother; we had loads of possession, but no end product.

Having said that I was glad I watched the game and there were some good performances out there.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Bueno being a standout and calls for first team inclusion where does Ait Nouri fit in? I personally think he is going to be a super star, his ability and control of the ball especially going forward is exceptional imo

JadeWolf

Reaction score
I'm still annoyed by the result, we should have won.

However, I'm perplexed by how the boggies even got to the final????
It’s a good point, I’ve seen many many better sides than them in PL2. Their style of play is awful too, if that’s their future they won’t be in the premier league for a long long time.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Yeah but I didn’t so much mean the fact he was winding up the Albion fans more so that he seems a bit of a ****house, something our first team is short of to be honest!
Mosquera is absolutely barmy. I think he’ll be a real fans favourite once he gets in the team regularly.

Back
Top Bottom