Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves u23 Vs WBA U23 - PL Cup Final 13/5/22

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Haha. Ridiculous shootout.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give those *******s on the pitch a ****ing good kicking

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Haha. If anything sums up our luck against Albion.

Unlucky lads, absolutely outclassed them.

Still…at least they have a season of Steve Bruce and The Championship to look forward to. And it seems like their total footballing philosophy is running strong through the age groups…

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our penalties really were awful. The keeper kept us in the shoot out. He was excellent.

Last edited:

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's never an excuse for missing the goal. If the keeper saves then fair enough but hard and on target please. If you're hitting the crossbar you're doing it wrong.

Will be character building for the boys.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How the **** have we not won that game??!

Answer: despite being by far the better team, we’re just not good enough in front of goal. And that goes for open play and from the penalty spot.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Proud of those lads. Some really good performances and dominated the game. It was like watching a Prem side playing good football against a bunch of big Champ cloggers hoping for pens. Disappointing to miss 3 in the 5,I'd have put my house on Shabani, still in the end we're much the better side and that's what really matters at this level.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lack of bottle a running theme it seems

Lack of finishing the main thing. Must have had 4 or 5 clear chances to shoot in the game, instead overplayed trying another pass.

This is why I always go on and on about similar with the first team. Even if we got that pacey CH and dynamic attacking CM, what you'd see is much like what we saw tonight (and in the first few matches of the season). Loads of chances wasted and hit by the sucker punch. Get that clinical striker first else the rest is pointless.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How the **** have we not won that game??!

Answer: despite being by far the better team, we’re just not good enough in front of goal. And that goes for open play and from the penalty spot.

Tried to be too neat in both situations

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Runs through both teams, pure bottlers. Sondergaard superb saves. Wtf was that from Shabani, Perry and Cundle??

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
LEARN TO SHOOT

During the game. Very good performance but shoot, shoot, shoot . You can NOT score without directing the ball towards the goal. I do not know if this is trained for at Wolves!

Pens a lottery; you are silly if you do not need to too buy a ticket and get involved.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proud of those lads. Some really good performances and dominated the game. It was like watching a Prem side playing good football against a bunch of big Champ cloggers hoping for pens. Disappointing to miss 3 in the 5,I'd have put my house on Shabani, still in the end we're much the better side and that's what really matters at this level.
I agree. That’s the whole point of the U23s. They played some lovely football tonight.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We play all that football to score then they put in a bad throw, flick it on and shoot for the same outcome :D

As I said previously, in the bigger picture we're fine as our players are a lot better as footballers but the lack of physicality and ruthlessness that seems to run throughout the club is a concern.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played some lovely stuff but we were poor in both boxes and the penalties are some of the worst I’ve ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom