Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves Matchday Pub Adviser

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a good place to ask this question. My normal day at Wolves normally means arriving at 1pm and leaving before 7pm. Been a while since I stopped the night, do you have to wear shoes to get in anywhere after the football crowds have gone? Will the football crowds have gone? Basically should I wear shoes?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do have limited knowledge.

Still,best pints for me in Wolvo is a Bathams in the Great Western or a pint of Fireside in Lych Gate tavern.

You really can´t miss with those I think.

Mr E

Reaction score
We're heading down extra early tomorrow so we can watch Wales demolish Ireland and go home happy Welsh Wolves fans.

Any advice on where to watch the rugby would be appreciated!

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems a good place to ask this question. My normal day at Wolves normally means arriving at 1pm and leaving before 7pm. Been a while since I stopped the night, do you have to wear shoes to get in anywhere after the football crowds have gone? Will the football crowds have gone? Basically should I wear shoes?
Depends on the type of place you’re wanting to go to. If you’re going to the “clubbier” places in town such as Bohemian I’d guess you need shoes but not in the proper pubs like the GW or LG that Flea suggests.

I stayed over after the Spurs game, went to the Stile meaning to move on but stayed till closing as it was so good, even after the loss.The karaoke with the liquidator was great fun.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do have limited knowledge.

Still,best pints for me in Wolvo is a Bathams in the Great Western or a pint of Fireside in Lych Gate tavern.

You really can´t miss with those I think.
Bathams is lovely but a bit too sweet for me after the second pint. Holdens Golden Glow though... :)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're heading down extra early tomorrow so we can watch Wales demolish Ireland and go home happy Welsh Wolves fans.

Any advice on where to watch the rugby would be appreciated!
Wales maybe.

As you're Wolves I'll allow it though. The Hogs Head is fun for sport. I'd suggest wearing Wolves colours though, you'll probably get a pass if celebrating a six Nations win. Do be wary of ********* though, they walk amongst us.

M

Mr Wolf

I suppose finding somewhere non-mental to watch the rugby in walking distance of Molineux is too much to hope?

Current plan is to head to the new Cuban sports bar, but don't fancy standing up all afternoon and evening!
What times the Rugby on?

You might be better off around Chapel Ash although they will get rammed for the pre Wolves game. Clarendon has plenty of TV’s & seating area plus the Oak is a little bit further down.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends on the type of place you’re wanting to go to. If you’re going to the “clubbier” places in town such as Bohemian I’d guess you need shoes but not in the proper pubs like the GW or LG that Flea suggests.

I stayed over after the Spurs game, went to the Stile meaning to move on but stayed till closing as it was so good, even after the loss.The karaoke with the liquidator was great fun.
I dunno where the night will take us, just don't wanna impede on anyone elses fun. Down south there really isn't a dress code anymore. Is it the same in Wolves?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers, will do. I’ll be going to the Summer House for a curry anyhow so easy enough to pop over to the Newhampton for just the one before heading to the Stile.

I’ve had some good times in the Newhampton and it was always a lot quieter than the pubs nearer the ground. Used to love sitting outside by the bowling green when the sun was out.
One of me old favourites. Used to be a cracking boozer.

Del Boy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Anyone tried The New Merriale by mercerdes, looks like it's had a bit of a renovation, serve Currys sell banks, free parking and not far to walk to molinuex.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a related note. There's a pub near me in Barton Stacey in Hampshire, sells Banks's Mild!

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
How many Pubs/Bars are there in Wolverhampton ? I usually use the Stile but may venture up the town tomorrow Suggestions please

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the town/city centre you have 24 bars/pubs.Now it's 4-15 am and I ay nodded off yet,and getting a bit grumpy ,so I might have missed a couple.That ay counting the leaping wolf.Hatherton.Stile.The Emerald club and those down chapel ash.So there's a good selection but they will all be rammed on saturday,as they always are.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4382

In the town/city centre you have 24 bars/pubs.Now it's 4-15 am and I ay nodded off yet,and getting a bit grumpy ,so I might have missed a couple.That ay counting the leaping wolf.Hatherton.Stile.The Emerald club and those down chapel ash.So there's a good selection but they will all be rammed on saturday,as they always are.
Is it time to crack a beer open and start early?

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dunno where the night will take us, just don't wanna impede on anyone elses fun. Down south there really isn't a dress code anymore. Is it the same in Wolves?

We weren't allowed in the Grain Store because one of the guys with us wasn't wearing shoes so, with the threat of rain and the fact I'm going to be on my feet all day I'll probably opt for some boots over the gazelles.

M

Mr Wolf

Anyone tried The New Merriale by mercerdes, looks like it's had a bit of a renovation, serve Currys sell banks, free parking and not far to walk to molinuex.
I have, it’s decent. Another ‘desi’ pub selling your mixed grills & currys. Decent pint, cheap beer & you can watch the football.

S

Staten Island Wolf

Wolvo needs a lot more boozers. With the town being on the map again, and all the development that has been proposed, now is the time. I believe Wolverhampton can become a jewel for a city of its size in a fairly short time. As a hill town (all roads lead to St Peters as a high point) it has real panoramic charm. The pedestrianization of the centre will enhance that.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You will have damn cold and dirty feet if you don't...

Edited to add:
Grr Jade beat me to it lol

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolvo needs a lot more boozers. With the town being on the map again, and all the development that has been proposed, now is the time. I believe Wolverhampton can become a jewel for a city of its size in a fairly short time. As a hill town (all roads lead to St Peters as a high point) it has real panoramic charm. The pedestrianization of the centre will enhance that.

It's a funny predicament,there don't seem to be enough when a game is on but believe me a lot are near enough empty none match days.Goose,Wallace,slug,hoggs,do pretty well because of the food factor,but the wine bar sort of places,ie bohs,grain store don't do so well.I go up town pretty much every day and a lot seem to struggle.Obviously when we get 2 home games in a week it boosts their intake,which is great.That's one of the reasons we need to go well in the cups and perhaps Europe.It will bring in much needed revenue for the bars that don't do well midweek.

Last edited:

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
Anyone on the mix up for an end of season pub crawl ? All 24 Pubs/Bars

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having a swift pint or two in Telford before heading to Wolvo..
Spoons Wellington has Salopian Minds Eye on.. bloody gorgeous but also dangerous (5.8%).... Be safe kiddies and enjoy the game....

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Sunbeam and it’s quite quiet but very windy outside!

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Fbook it says Hogshead not open today is that right? Was going towatch the rugby there

Back
Top Bottom