Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves-Albion verdict - Why are we so soft? Men against boys

sturb74

Reaction score
WBA first goal - no penalty - definitely outside box
WBA 2nd goal - elbow on Neves?
WBA 3rd goal - questionable penalty?

3 questionable decisions.

But that aside, they looked capable on the ball (I said they were).
1st goal contact was on thigh not foot inside box

2nd elbow? Have a word he got a hand brushed against his face

3rd pathetic defending no need to make the challenge giving the player the opportunity to go down

lack of fight battle bottle clear tactics plan b is more of a concern and when players walk off after getting ****ed over by derby rivals laughing with their manager that speaks volumes

sturb74

Reaction score
Men against boys
They had a Gk who hadn’t played in the prem for 2 years a back 4 with only Gibbs with any prem experience until this year and he is made of Weetabix, a mf which contained Sawyers **** knows what he does can’t tackle run or pass Livermore is a.... well not sure he is even a footballer, some bloke on the wing who looks like Mr Burns from the Simpsons Snodgrass runs around a lot and the penalty taker who looks like the only prem quality player in the team, up front is a bloke who is a converted winger and couldn’t hit a barn door with a banjo. They scored 3 and won every 50/50 with what is a not very good championship side and folks on here still banging on about penalties that shouldn’t have been given yet I’ve only heard 1 pundit agree with that and that was Sutton and he is a spoon bender at best

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1st pen contact was on the thigh inside the box not the foot, 2nd one Is stupid no need to make contact giving the opportunity to go down Gibbs handball would have been given before handball rule change
The Gibbs handball is still handball, 2 hands on the ball I’m sorry you see that today at Anfield not one person will say it’s not a penalty. It’s the most clear handball you will see all season

Reaction score
it allways feels worse the day after , and i can assure you the feeling dose,nt get any less nauseous as you get older for me it gets worse , i like many more fans have had plenty of experience of it , the only answer is to stick together keep you head up and take it on the chin, Nuno out ? for me nonsense , he has got us where we are , which is our best position since the late 70,s , i do think he is culpable to a degree, particulary trying to play a back four when our current defenders clearly are,nt good enough , Coady , Semedo , especially , but anyway on to the next one Chorley , you can only beat whats in front of you , , O.O.D.C.L

sturb74

Reaction score
The Gibbs handball is still handball, 2 hands on the ball I’m sorry you see that today at Anfield not one person will say it’s not a penalty. It’s the most clear handball you will see all season
If it is how come no one has said it is no commentators none of the ex refs watching no pundits maybe at the start of the season it would have been given but numerous rule changes have been made this season to accommodate VAR (totally wrong in my opinion) he hasn’t moved hands towards ball he hasn’t made body bigger not deliberately done it so in new rules I think it’s the right decision

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I notice none of them have posted on social media after the game which is unusual.

Usually get the ‘not the result we wanted today but we go again. WAW’ crap.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I notice none of them have posted on social media after the game which is unusual.

Need to do their talking on the pitch. Must know they were an embarrassment yesterday.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it is how come no one has said it is no commentators none of the ex refs watching no pundits maybe at the start of the season it would have been given but numerous rule changes have been made this season to accommodate VAR (totally wrong in my opinion) he hasn’t moved hands towards ball he hasn’t made body bigger not deliberately done it so in new rules I think it’s the right decision
Chris Sutton did, plus no one cares about Wolves let’s be honest, we don’t dominate talk****e, five dive or sky

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Talk is the world's cheapest commodity. There seemed to be few in the team who wanted it enough. You've either got it or you haven't. Steve Bull was severely criticised when he signed for WBA for being too aggressive in training. His response was along the lines of "that's how I ****ing play".

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw that big Sam said he showed the players the 1-5 in the lead up to the game. Can’t help but think they were more up for it than we were.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Saw that big Sam said he showed the players the 1-5 in the lead up to the game. Can’t help but think they were more up for it than we were.

Can’t think why no wolves fan thought to offer Fat Sam a fat brown envelope in the days leading up to the game…...something to maintain his notes in. ;) :)...

Worth a try I would have thought. Might have given something away in exchange.

There’s always the return game to fix this.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree. Body language of players abysmal. Especially in the second half.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't face this place Saturday or yesterday and can't really be ***** getting into too many of the similar debates on different threads (find it all depressing at the minute!)

But my take on the game and the current situation

Pathetic from the players! I can take an unlucky derby defeat or even one when we are the 2nd best team but not a ****ing gutless performance like we got Saturday the players should hang their heads in shame (not post silly ****ing instagram posts 15 mins after full time).

Feel absolutely deflated that we've got the best team (on paper) of my lifetime and we still can't grasp beating them ****ers. Almost feels like I'd rather us be back to being a mid table championship club at least I'd know where I stood with em then! Its the (false) hope that kills ya!

Blame squarely on Nuno? Not me personally the players have to shoulder the blame for this one. Although I didn't agree with how we set up it certainly seems like he's being hung out to dry by the mysterious Fosun! Best manager in my lifetime deserves time.

Feel we need to switch back to what we know (back 5) and get some points on the table (granted we'll lose some close games too) see this season (and hopefully covid restrictions) out and assess where we are in the summer (as its clear Fosun aren't spending in this window).

Some of you'll ****ing moan (like you did at the start of the season when our form was 'ok') its boring but surely thats better than losing every week!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Picking the Man of the Match must have been a weird moment. It was such a poor match overall (entertaining only in a Car Crash TV/Keystone Kops slapstick sort of way) hardly anybody stood out.

The best individuals on the pitch were Neto and Traore, yet they weren't playing for the best actual team on the pitch. So he gave it to the guy who scored 2 penalties...and did little else at all.

Strangely, WhoScored has Boly as the best player! Sums up what an odd one it was. If ever there was a match when you could say nobody was good enough to be Man of The Match, give it to charity, this was it. Although if your looking for the single most influential figure on the pitch who changed the outcome - you'd have to give it to Michael Oliver.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree. Body language of players abysmal. Especially in the second half.
Wolves fans find it impossible to understand how players would not be fired up but to many players it's "just" a job. Some players get stuck in no matter what (we all could name some - for me Downing, Bully, Munro, Bailey). The rest need galvanizing by the manager but it seems to me that Nuno is currently not the person to do it. That may be very important if we fall into a relegation scrap.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
My plastic fans who couldn't give a **** either way probably a bit biased to WBA because I give them **** about being plastics thought we were unlucky. Unlucky with the pens and result. We were the better team... this from a neutral point of view..

Still **** though...

Back
Top Bottom