Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Williamson - Any updates

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Sorry if its posted elsewhere (I tried searching), does anybody know whats wrong with Williamson and what his expected return date is?

I know some guys on here keep well up to date with such things, worth a sticky on current injuries and expected return dates?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldnt surprise me if his contract was mutually terminated. His inclusion to the squad would be a plus for me rather than expectation.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
How long was his contract for?

18 months I believe.

From personal experience, it's a tough injury to come back from. You do all the rehab and prep work yet can still feel it when you look to go at full tilt.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, talk about out of sight out of mind. Forgot about him. In a way it's sad. He has somewhat become surplus to requirements without even kicking a ball for the team. I'd rather have Silvio fit and playing than him now.

W

WisconsinWolvesFan

Would love to see him fit but unfortunately I don't see him ever playing for us anymore.

D

Deleted member 4152

Last I heard he was on the way to the glue factory

M

Mr Wolf

No need for a sticky for injuries as we get no updates & everyone scrolls past them anyway.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We may as well get rid to be honest. Shame for the lad as he'd have been the ideal leader at the back we needed. But if he's crocked there's no point. A third of his contract is already up and he hasn't kicked a ball!

E

Essex Wolf

Feel a bit sorry for Williamson really. His first stint at Wolves he helped settle and organise a poor defence but Newcastle recalled him just as he'd settled and then didn't even play for them as he got injured.
Quite how the Molineux medical staff didn't pick up and realise his injury problems is amazing as I've heard this latest set back is supposedly not one and the same as the injury he picked up when he returned to the NE. If it really is that bad surely to God something should have been picked up?
Really have to wonder if he'll ever play for Wolves again.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a pity about Williamson he is a decent defender with plenty of experience

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
18 months I believe.

From personal experience, it's a tough injury to come back from. You do all the rehab and prep work yet can still feel it when you look to go at full tilt.

Thanks Tring. Doesn't sound hopeful and at this stage, his professional playing career may be over.

D

Deleted member 3604

Newcastle saw us coming. Much like Villa did with Daley. Hope Silvio isn't the same.

D

Deleted member 4023

Its just unfortunate - when he came on loan he looked ok - everyone said that he'd be a good signing - the experienced player we needed at the time to organize our young defence.

1LtJohnJDunbar

You do have to question the credibility of the medical team on this one. Like others I think his contracts just going to run out if it isn't terminated by mutual agreement before hand.

D

Deleted member 3518

Time to move on, the train has left the station and he's stuck in the restroom, doubt he'll play for the first team again.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame, no one could doubt the difference he made to our defence, but injuries are part of the modern game. Agree with previous unlikely too play for us again.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No sign of him, no mention of him, no squad number, no updates - this is unusual.

I just hope that there isn't something serious happening unknown to the public yet.

Regardless, his days are numbered. Out of contract at the end of the season, I would expect a mutual termination soon.

E

Essex Wolf

No sign of him, no mention of him, no squad number, no updates - this is unusual.

I just hope that there isn't something serious happening unknown to the public yet.

Regardless, his days are numbered. Out of contract at the end of the season, I would expect a mutual termination soon.
Hope it's nothing serious but even if not not sure he'd feature much anyway now. Real shame as he made a big difference but at present just a pointless pay packet.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score

He's number 5 isn't he?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we'll pay him off whilst he's injured as I'm sure his insurance reimburse us. (See Boukari)

Probably should be lining up a last minute transfer to the glue factory though.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I think he was, both he and Zyro were left off the squad list, but they've kept their numbers. The reason Dicko and Graham were included was a lot of people will want their names on the shirts.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he was, both he and Zyro were left off the squad list, but they've kept their numbers. The reason Dicko and Graham were included was a lot of people will want their names on the shirts.

He was specifically left off the list and the comms at the time said so.

We will know for definite soon anyway if Stearman gets his number 5 back!

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now that Stears is back then our need for Williamson is virtually gone.

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder has it ever happened before ( to us primarily but to any orher club for that matter) that a player is bought in and never actually plays at all? Just the sort of record we could do without- but we are good at accumulating them!

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder has it ever happened before ( to us primarily but to any orher club for that matter) that a player is bought in and never actually plays at all? Just the sort of record we could do without- but we are good at accumulating them!

we've signed plenty of crocks before, I'm sure there's someone .... we did sign Kalac & then fail to get a work permit for him... that cost us 250k

P

Paul76

I doubt it we'll ever see this guy in a Wolves shirt again. Even if he gets fit again, we've moved on from him I think.

Back
Top Bottom