Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will we score against Brighton?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been on the grown-up pop, but I'm serious with this....
Plus I've never done a poll....
But also we really need to score a ****ing goal. I'm actually really interested to see what you lot think.
I think you are far too negative and need a couple of corrupt, potential bankruptcies, followed by decades of second league football to get a grip on reality.

Of course we will.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our best chance is with Podence to create the chances. He’ll feed Raul, Silva or Hwang.
I think Silva will at least be as effective as Hwang, so why not try him?

Agree. How could we actually be any worse than recent matches? It's not like the goals will dry up, is it? :)Also, I think in general, we are at a point where Bruno needs to make some changes. From a promising start, we are going backwards to something even worse than last years negative 3-4-3. I can see why we tightened things after those first 3 matches. But recently, we were in an excellent position going into the Norwich & Burnley matches. And just carried on with the cautious , slow-the-game-down approach. And though nobody would expect points from the last two, all we learnt was that we can defend as good as anyone, but we have an extremely dysfunctional attack...which most of us knew already.

We are still in a secure position, so NOW is the ideal time to try new things, not after 4 or 5 more matches with minimal goal threat! Rauls sending off forces his hand. But overall, I'm a bit disappointed at how safe Bruno is playing it, after that promising start. He's the anti-tinkerman! Doesn't want to change anything unless circumstances force it, even during the match. A season is a marathon, teams evolve and change during it, we have the defence sorted, now get the attack improving and not just keep delivering the same thing every week.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about us,but its almost a given that Lewis Dunk will score a header from a corner,after we inexplicably leave Neves to mark him.
Dunk out injured; Shane Duffy suspended.

"[Graham] Potter will also be without central defender... Adam Webster, injured...

It is expected the [Albion] boss will select a defensive partnership of Dan Burn and Joel Veltman against [Wolves]."

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Depends if podence starts. If yes , then we probably will

Also depends how bad hwang and Trincao are the time wasters

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, if he picks the right side. Gotta play footy against these, not just wait for pacey counter attacks. Trincao, Hwang and Podence should do it if we play on the front foot.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea what to think about Brighton…….we played great against West Ham but couldn’t win against Norwich.
Anything could happen and probably will.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no idea what to think about Brighton…….we played great against West Ham but couldn’t win against Norwich.
Anything could happen and probably will.
Our record at the Goldstone (sorry, couldnt help myself) is abysmal, so I see no reason why this Wolves team would fare any different.

I suppose we did beat them down there back in Chump days. All I know is if we keep another clean sheet we get a point.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our biggest failing, IMO, is not getting into the box enough. If we did, we would get a few penalties, if nothing else.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Think we will score at Brighton but only the one. Our chances and forward play have dried up.. so to fathom one goal would be about our limit.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
I'm going to go wild and predict we score 2
Would love that to happen.. but watching the last four, five and six matches makes it difficult to see where the goals are going to come from, and who is going to score them.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes.
Max Kilman with a bullet header.

He's already magnificent with the ball at his feet (world class Futsal level). The last piece of improvement is being honed.
His targeting apparatus is getting fine tuned with every game. ;)

It's all the practice he gets defending against set pieces.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I think we will score

With Podence hopefully starting we will score more. We need to use him

Reaction score
Not scoring against City and Liverpool is understandable, although we didn’t come anywhere close with either.
But on the back of also firing blanks against Norwich and Burnley, we really need to score and win here.
Kilman and Coady are getting such praise at the moment, why can’t we go to a four at the back and have
Trincao Podence Traore
Hwang
as the starting line up? Still have Silva on the bench to bring on latterly. Saiss and Dendoncker if we need to solidify towards the end.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I'm gonna be different.

how long is a piece of string.?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about us,but its almost a given that Lewis Dunk will score a header from a corner,after we inexplicably leave Neves to mark him.
Thankfully injured l believe.

Dunk out injured; Shane Duffy suspended.

"[Graham] Potter will also be without central defender... Adam Webster, injured...

It is expected the [Albion] boss will select a defensive partnership of Dan Burn and Joel Veltman against [Wolves]."
Dan Burn in the middle??.... It would be highly tempting to target him directly with Adama...

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Wolves fans going to Brighton will have to sing one of the oldie songs to help us score..
'All We Are Saying, Is Give Us A Goal!'

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a wonderful opportunity to score given they are without any of their usual centre backs. Take the game to them and pressurise from the start.
This absolutely. No excuses. No treating them like Pool or city or even Norwich or Burnkey.
Get the **** at them Bruno. No better chance than now.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, we won't score. We will not score another goal between now and the end of the season and will get relegated with a GD of -145, sitting on 32 points. That, or maybe we will score. I really have no idea, but we certainly are cack to watch.

T

TheConcourse

Bruno has to drop the defensive mindset or he’ll be out of a job soon. Right now, I wouldn’t care if Jeff made the decision.

There’s been an elephant in the room for three years that we seem totally obsessed with not addressing. CB’s are way too slow to play higher up the pitch.

I’ll be at a total loss if they don’t solve CB & CM in this window.

Back
Top Bottom