Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will we finish higher than 13th?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evening folks.... What does everyone think then?? Can we finish above last season’s 13th place?? Or the 45pts tally?

We won 12 matches quite a respectable amount of games. Drawing 9 and losing 17.

Goals for 36

Can we also better the 36 goals for??

Last edited:

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will finish higher than last season, but not much. 10th? We'll score a lot more but concede more too.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very dubious when we currently have 0 points! 7 from 9 and yes, we could.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Start taking our chances and scoring freely, yes we can.
Continue to have scoring difficulties, averaging around one goal a game mixed with bad luck, then no.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evening folks.... What does everyone think then?? Can we finish above last season’s 13th place?? Or the 45pts tally?

Goals for 36

going to go on an unbeaten run that lasts for the next two seasons

Mix falls apart as no-one has anything to complain about so they turn on each other

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I think 10th or 11th more goals definitely

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will score 40 by December .

Then 2 midfieldes will get injured and we won’t win until April, with Jeff signing a winger in January and no centre mids

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to think so but for me it hinges on Raul getting back to top form and no midfielders getting injured. A way below - hopefully not too far - beckons I suspect.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep clear of too many injuries and I'll say we will finish higher.
I'll say tenth, we'll spank a few teams when our forwards click, but we'll probably take a spanking or two too, just down to the way we play now.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can undoubtedly, but not sure we will. We'll beat the goals from last season - but that's not hard to do considering for nearly 30 games we either had a pillar box up front or a kid who was nowhere near ready. Points, probably, as long as people stay fit, and more points should mean a higher position. Think maybe 10th-12th at the moment (but it could be better if we click up top, and could be worse if we don't get results in our next few games)

meeee67

Reaction score
We will see where we are after 10 games. Have more of an idea then

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have aa decent defence though they are very prone to being outpaced, the midfield can more than hold its own, attacking we have very skilfull players but we struggle to score goals, so though i obviously think we can finish higher than 13th, I suspect we will finish lower, hoping that i am wrong though.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As we still have a small squad then like last year it depends largely on injuries and recovery. Obviously Neto and Jonny are still big misses and we don't know if Raul will be the same player. DP and Boly are good PL players so that's a plus as is the arrival of Trincy. Shame about MGW.
After the effort displayed so far, the squad seem happy with BL so I don't think we are going down. I would say 10th to 12th if we keep this level of performance up for most of the season.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Goals for 36

I'm looking at finishing 6th to 8th, depending which side VAR is on this season,
Aim for the top you might finish second, aim for the bottom and that's exactly where your end up.

goals for 67.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would snatch your hand off for 13th at the moment. While we look good for long stretches of games, our inability to score coupled with conceding mean we will struggle. Is Hwang the answer to our scoring woes? Is Mosquera the answer to conceding and looking pitiful at set-pieces? Time will tell.

JohnMatrix

Groupie
Reaction score
Would snatch your hand off for 13th at the moment. While we look good for long stretches of games, our inability to score coupled with conceding mean we will struggle. Is Hwang the answer to our scoring woes? Is Mosquera the answer to conceding and looking pitiful at set-pieces? Time will tell.
We've conceded 3 goals in 3 games or 3 in 4 if you count the league cup game. Do you think we should be sitting on a zero goals against so far or do you just not look at the table in terms of conceded, over half the teams have conceded more goals than us. Mosquera is massively overrated on the basis of a couple of decent games in a pre season. His experience prior to this is about the equivalent of the Southern League Premier Division.

Scoring is the problem at the moment, not the defence.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've conceded 3 goals in 3 games or 3 in 4 if you count the league cup game. Do you think we should be sitting on a zero goals against so far or do you just not look at the table in terms of conceded, over half the teams have conceded more goals than us. Mosquera is massively overrated on the basis of a couple of decent games in a pre season. His experience prior to this is about the equivalent of the Southern League Premier Division.

Scoring is the problem at the moment, not the defence.
Scoring is certainly the principal problem as I highlighted, however not conceding would mean we were sitting on 3 points rather than 0. It's a team game and we need to be strong in all departments. We've looked vulnerable at set-pieces for ages now and hope that Mosquera gives us more in that area.
I have no idea whether his experience is the 'equivalent of SLPD', however he is a member of our first team squad and as such, he needs to play his part. With not signing a more experienced CB in the summer window, Mosquera is the cavalry!

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are seriously judging our inability to score against Man U , Leicester and spurs .

Tight games with only a handful of clear cut chances . Wait until we get better chances vs the weaker opposition

The only reason we will finish below 13th is due to Jeff Shi transfer strategy, and injuries

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we are 17th or better. Cant judge until after the next 3 games. Its sometimes easier to create chances against teams like spurs. Watford will be a different test. Roll on saturday

Back
Top Bottom