Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wilder Gone

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bad move if Sheff Utd were the driving force

Strikes me as identical to the Huddersfield/Wagner scenario.

I don't think Wilder is the problem there at all. He got a top half PL finish with the side who played in League One. That's bloody amazing.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seemed like there was some tension between him and the owner for the last few months.

He's done a brilliant job there. I think Wilder will be back in the Premier League sooner than Sheffield United. There will be some good Championship clubs looking to hire him.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No doubt he did a good job last year but I can't stand the bloke. I find him extremely irritating. He would probably say the same about me.
Who cares if a manager gets on people's nerves as long as he does a good job, on that basis Clough and Ferguson would never have been employed.

Last edited:

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocked by that tbh.. Done such a good job getting them promoted and performing so well with what they had last season 100% deserved a chance getting them back up again first time round!

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree with it but surely they have earmarked his replacement and looking to give him time with the squad to assess any changes needed in the summer

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shocking decision......you would like to think that despite a bad season there wasn't any Sheffield United fans calling for him to go.... But then again we have all read this forum the last 12 months...

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From the outside looking in it's odd. Be interesting to see what the blades fans make of it.

Last edited:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is about 1000/1 but could we please appoint him DofF with immediate effect? We desperately need someone with his type of knowledge of the English leagues.
His knowledge of the LOWER English leagues is not in the slightest compatible with our stated aspiration of being competitive at the highest levels i.e. top six of the PL and Champions League.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is about 1000/1 but could we please appoint him DofF with immediate effect? We desperately need someone with his type of knowledge of the English leagues.
Appoint him as what? He ain't having Nuno's job, and do we really need players from the lower leagues? Would rather buy 3 1st team players from portugal or spain and push on.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't hire him if I was a premiership club. The overlapping CBs are unique and everything but they seem to offer nothing but set plays and deep crosses. Spent a lot of money and not improved since going up.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
N
No way could he be our DoF, we don’t need knowledge of English leagues, we need in depth knowledge of foreign leagues as that is where the majority of our players are sourced from.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
N

No way could he be our DoF, we don’t need knowledge of English leagues, we need in depth knowledge of foreign leagues as that is where the majority of our players are sourced from.
Will that still be the case with the new rules?

D

Deleted member 11332

Bad move if Sheff Utd were the driving force

Strikes me as identical to the Huddersfield/Wagner scenario.

I don't think Wilder is the problem there at all. He got a top half PL finish with the side who played in League One. That's bloody amazing.

On the flip side. He's only got players who played in league one still playing for them as his signings have been in the main absolutely awful. He's spent a lot of money and got no return.

Sheff utd owners wanted to bring a DoF in to take this part over. Wilder didn't want that.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's to say he hasn't had enough and decided to instigate this?!
The club seemed to accept relegation hence why he wasn't replaced around Xmas time and saw him as the guy to get them promoted back up next season.
I'd say this is more Wilder having enough of dealing with the new owners, not getting any money in Jan and saying enoughs enough.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Seems a very strange decision.

Bizarrely, I’ve just found out that a guy who used to play in the same Tring team as me about a decade ago is now their First Team Coach and Head of Sports Science.

He’s an Albion fan though so didn’t keep in touch after he left :)

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smacks of the McCarthy/Connor shambles.

Add to that a weary, ageing squad, with some big signings that haven't done anything and they could be in trouble for the double dip next season if they're not careful.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like Wilder a lot. Tells it like it is. Amazing success until this season. Up and at em manager who frankly I would prefer here. I’m sure the vast majority on here will disagree and totally understand and respect their opinions but must admit I am weary of our cautious approach. Of course his tactical ways and our current squad are oil and water. Won’t happen anyway, of course.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smacks of the McCarthy/Connor shambles.

Add to that a weary, ageing squad, with some big signings that haven't done anything and they could be in trouble for the double dip next season if they're not careful.
You'd think Brewster and McBurnie would get a decent amount of goals for them at that level.

I'd be having a good look at Berge for us though

Back
Top Bottom