Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why do you support Wolves?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because im a masochist and apparantly have a habit of choosing sports teams to support/follow ... looking at you Atlanta Falcons.... who constantly go above and beyond to fail in more ways than one ..

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brother, grandad, gold kit, Molineux, wolves were winning in Turner & Taylor years. Wierdly followed Cov for a couple of years even though I had a Wolves scarf, and been home and away with Wolves (next door neighbour was a Cov fan).

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This thread is from the same source as the infamous "Non Profit Community Football Club" thread that had heads bashing against brick walls. For good measure they have also started another two threads at the same time.

The general pattern is to ask a question that is seeking an answer that's seen as acceptable to the thread starter. All replies that the thread starter disagrees with are answered with repeated inane questions until you are ready to stick chopsticks in your eyes and jump off the nearest tower block.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know why I do considering we're in such a mess, couldn't run a bath, have an awful squad, no hope for the future and a ground that's a wreck....

That's the impression you get from some on here anyway!

To answer on a more serious note, my dad took me to a game in 91 when I was 11. It was a 4 hour round trip from Newbury but after that first live game I was hooked.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was dating this girl and she said I’d be a better man if I could let my feelings out and learn to cry….……
…..so I became a Wolves fan. ;)

Being a fan is voluntary enslavement and there’s no off switch. Now I take pills for my addiction.

1656707457941.jpeg

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Why do you support Wolves?
Because I’m a moron?

Nah but seriously, I’m from Oz originally but my stepdad is from Kingswinford. I was never even interested in football until I went to the UK for the first time. The day after I arrived his nephews who are STH‘s took me to my first ever match and I have been hooked ever since.

It was Newcastle at home the 10/11 season. Finished 1-1.

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
Then why put stupid options like the e sports and the last one about loving Scott and Jeff? It’s a bull**** poll and you know it.

Fosun are trying to attract wolves fans through various means.

So it’s no longer just Wolverhampton local folk who support wolves.

So let’s see what the split is like in the mix

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
March 9th 74 my moms uncle Brian took me on the north bank to see my heroes parade the league cup from the win against city the week before , I was 8 an half at the time , he took me to a handful more games over the next 5 years , then every home game I used to walk to the mol and wait for the gates to open with 20 mins left so I could see the last 20 mins live as we didn’t have a pot to xxxx in , I remember playing Newcastle at home , 1-0 ht Richards ,,, then I seen 4 in the last 20 mins ,, I was in heaven ,, I was hooked and now at 56 I still get excited and angry at anything wolves ,, my answer to the poll is ,, I bleed gold and black ,, win or lose

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Fosun are trying to attract wolves fans through various means.

So it’s no longer just Wolverhampton local folk who support wolves.

So let’s see what the split is like in the mix
I would have ticked the option "Scandinavian who watched English League games on telly at the end of 70's/early 80's, and got hooked by Wolves classy kit in the LC final against Forest".

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a thread in the OT that some of us frequent about gaming
Surely though, if some on here are to believed about its relative importance, it should be a heading at the same level as OT, not just a sub-thread thereof, and the main Molineux Mix football thread....

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The OP could have a job framing questions for any future referendum, Sturgeon or Putin might be interested in taking him on. Ok we get your line, from previous threads - You want Wolves to be a local club for local people.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The OP could have a job framing questions for any future referendum, Sturgeon or Putin might be interested in taking him on. Ok we get your line, from previous threads - You want Wolves to be a local club for local people.
Think that you missed out the £10 STs.....

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I hope we sign some players before the end of the window or the "**** e-sports" chant from the southbank is going to leave our Jeff and sellars feeling a bit silly.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Surely though, if some on here are to believed about its relative importance, it should be a heading at the same level as OT, not just a sub-thread thereof, and the main Molineux Mix football thread....
Not sure our demographic on here is right for that, however it's not a bad idea! Saying that discord is more that home

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched the 1980 cup final at a mates house. He was a big fan as his uncle used to take him down the Mol since the mid 70's.

The next home match against Stoke my mates uncle got us in for free as he worked on the turnstiles. I have been hooked ever since, a group of five or six of used to go home and away but there is only me left.

I do still enjoy going most of the time, I wished my lad or daughter was into it but they are not.

Wolvessince63

Reaction score
It’s in my blood, it was in my parents blood, it was in my grandparents blood, there is no other!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am from a family of 11.

I had 7 brothers and 3 sisters. Sadly now 3 and 2 respectively. All born and bred in Wolvo. All of us are (or were) true Wolves fans and I have never wanted to support any other club.

Always remember my older brothers telling me about Billy Wright, Peter Broadbent, Jimmy Mullen, Johnny Hancocks, Eddie Clamp, Bill Slater, Bert Williams and so many other legends. I started supporting in the early 60’s just when the names mentioned were nearing the end of their careers. Very special mention for our truly great manager Stan Cullis who never got the recognition he truly deserved from the media. Never understood why!

Never forget the likes of Peter Knowles (what a player), Bobby Thompson, Fred Davies, Hughie Mcilmoyle, Hughie Curran, Frank Wignall, Jimmy McCalliog and the like. They were followed by Parkes, Taylor, Parkin, Bailey (best captain in my lifetime), Munro, McAlle, Carr, Hibbitt, Dougan, Richards and Wagstaffe. All legends.

Then came the likes of Peter Daniel, Andy Gray, Steve Daley and some success under John Barnwell and Richie Barker.

Bhatti era followed (they couldn’t afford to even pay the milkman) and I remember watching us beat Rochdale 2-1 at a half closed Molineux in the old Fourth Division, relying on a last minute winner from Andy Mutch in front of about 4,000 fans. That was the worst time imaginable for our great club and thanks to Councillor John Bird we survived.

Sir Jack came along and brought back the feelgood factor. Manager at the time, Brian Little, was moved on (he did a good job in very difficult circumstances and deserves a lot of credit) and Graham Turner was appointed. Bully, Thommo, Robertson and Dennison were signed from that lot down the road and the revival began.

I could go on and will mention Graham Taylor (harshly treated imo), Mark McGhee (never popular), Colin Lee (didn’t he sign Robert Taylor), Dave Jones (he seemed to lose his way), Glenn Hoddle (boring to say the least and we won’t mention the final piece of the jigsaw, Frankowski), Super Mick (he was great for us), Terry Connor (oh dear), Stale Solbakken (another oh dear from Mr Morgan), Dean Saunders (yet another oh dear from Mr Morgan), Kenny Jackett (did a great job and a gentleman of a manager), Walter Zenga (he came and went just like that), Paul Lambert (he played for Borussia Dortmund you know), the legend that is Nuno and now Bruno, who is not being backed to get the players he says we need.

Why do I support Wolves? It’s because of all the names I have mentioned (with apologies for those owners, players and managers I have missed out). It’s because of our current crop (have to mention Coady, Neves and Raul). It’s because they are my home town club. It’s because I have so many memories, good and bad. It’s because we are in the Premier League.

And finally it’s been with the help of my brothers and sisters and many friends along the way.

Last edited:

dgm6769

Reaction score
Mate asked me to go with him back in 86 first game of the season (lost to Cambridge) but got hooked and coming from a baggies supporting family I love being the black sheep, he's still a st holder to this day, I go when I can

Back
Top Bottom