Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

When will Fabio score his first goal?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly I think he needs to start. I think he looks better then Raul most times he's played this season

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The time to really criticise is when he starts a few games, it's not his fault he only gets a few minutes now and again.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of a harsh OP. He hasn't had many chances lately.

Sadly though, I struggle to see it. He was okay vs West Ham but he's generally been pretty average; he managed to come on against a terrible Watford side and do absolutely nothing. I do think there's a player there but those who were calling for him over Jiminez need to get a grip - he's not ready for this level of football.

Personally, I don't think he ever will be (we all know he was the Neves / Jota / Moutinho payoff, so you can ignore the exorbitant fee), because he has few of the attributes needed to be quality up top, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong... he seems like a nice lad who tries hard.

If anything, I feel for the lad. He should be in a lesser league developing his game rather than being expected to magically make it in what is the de facto world league.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly I think he needs to start. I think he looks better then Raul most times he's played this season
Agreed. I thought Raul was poor again today. Lost the ball quite often too

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What part of ‘not a dig, more a bit of fun’ needs explaining.

It's just a weird thing to post when he's had 4 minutes on the pitch.

In 4 minutes you wouldn't expect prime Original Ronaldo to score.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s a mindset .
I bet Steve Bull never went on a pitch without thinking he was there to score.
Not stretch a defence, slip a ball through , clear with a great defensive header , hold up play.
Just get that ball in the back of the net as quickly as possible.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s a mindset .
I bet Steve Bull never went on a pitch without thinking he was there to score.
Not stretch a defence, slip a ball through , clear with a great defensive header , hold up play.
Just get that ball in the back of the net as quickly as possible.

Wasn't Bully still playing for West Brom at Fabio's age?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. I thought Raul was poor again today. Lost the ball quite often too
This for me. Jimenez's poor form is far more concerning than whether Silva will score. I know some on here thought Jimenez was ok today; I think his football brain is slow, he misplaces passes and he doesn't get into scoring positions. This may be all down to his injury, who knows but one thing is for certain we need a new striker in the summer.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Undoubtedly Raul had been looking truly poor recently and I think it was a good decision he was pulled from the starting line up because he has looked rejuvenated in the last 2 fixtures since returning to the first 11. Kilman also looked more like his usual self after being rested.

All a matter of opinion of course.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Undoubtedly Raul had been looking truly poor recently and I think it was a good decision he was pulled from the starting line up because he has looked rejuvenated in the last 2 fixtures since returning to the first 11. Kilman also looked more like his usual self after being rested.

All a matter of opinion of course.
Yeah Bruno takes a different rotation approach to Nuno. Both have pros and cons, but with our pressing stats slightly up this year might be required more

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul still looks a yard off it. He’s trying too hard to make things happen.

I’m starting to like Fabio. Plays on the shoulder, like Afobe did. I prefer that type of striker to one who drops deep. His hold up play and neat little layoff touches are improving too.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Do you think Fabio will be as good as Ollie Watkins is now when at the same age?

In seven years time? I do.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cut the debate, this is purely a prediction thread. First prize wins a lock of Fabio’s hair.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it was a little cameo against 10 men but thought he looked lively when he came on yesterday certainly looks stronger and his hold up play is much better than last season! Needs that first goal but I do think he is improving...

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The goals will come, he is developing as a player.
Can't disagree. The signs are there that he is improving. Seems to have gained a yard or two of pace, shows a lot more physical strength when back or side on to goal.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't score. If it turns out that way, he'll still have made progress and probably had a better season than the last

Still young enough for it not to matter that much. We just need to forget the ridiculous transfer fee and him to keep improving
Judging by the way he was getting stuck in over the last few games, and actually winning some physical battles, I think he’ll be genuinely ready by next season. We might have genuine rotation up top.
It would be great for everybody if we can sneak into any form of Europe, but Fabio could be the biggest beneficiary of a few conference group stage starts against Eastern European backwater sides.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks genuinely dangerous now. He comes on and makes things happen. Obviously the true metric is goals scored, but Im a lot more confident with him this season than I was last
West Ham sealed it for me, in a game with little quality, little attacking sense, he was doing it all by himself, at 19 against some dominant centre backs was able to carve himself a few chances. Strength will come, another summer in the gym with conditioning and bulk might be key, hard to remember he is still technically a teenager.

Its the price tag that looms over him, something I think he deals with well enough but fans can't get over, much like his compatriot at Atletico in Joao Felix.

Back
Top Bottom