Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What will you spend your winnings on?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What you going to spend your relegation winnings on? Thinking maybe a nice trip to Ibiza, forget about this mess.
fc8aDYs.jpg

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite high odds still, was only 9/1 in Feb the last time season we went down.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't bet out of choice but I would never place a bet on Wolves to be relegated.
Waste enough of my money following this turd from London. I'll get something back out of their abject and continual failure. :D.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£520 returns for me. I'll spend it on holiday. Had my garden landscaped thanks to Solbakken and then Saunders. Won £300 just by betting on us to lose by two clear goals every game under Stale.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never bet against Wolves, until today :( €400 will partially cover a flight to the US to visit a best mate, or two flights back home, and more.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't see this issue in this, it's not like you're hoping they'll go down. 25/1 is a massive price.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£520 returns for me. I'll spend it on holiday. Had my garden landscaped thanks to Solbakken and then Saunders. Won £300 just by betting on us to lose by two clear goals every game under Stale.
Yeah, was thinking a nice holiday, combined with a refund for my ST (**** am I traveling from London for League One), will give me a nice holiday and ain't to spare on the missus.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
£50 at 15/1 on Coral. £750 will pay for plenty of away days in League One, and I'm more than happy to lose £50 on us if we actually cobble together enough points to stay up. God that's depressing to type. Do next season's season tickets come with a free mental health checkup? Must be mad.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you all lose your money, and haven't you all seen football long enough to know teams have bad spells. January we were good February we are **** who knows what March and April will bring.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't think we all hope we lose our money!?
Don't know money is the root of all evil to me, plays horrible tricks on people's minds. Personally I'd rather not bet than bet against wolves, that's each persons prerogative

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know money is the root of all evil to me, plays horrible tricks on people's minds. Personally I'd rather not bet than bet against wolves, that's each persons prerogative
I'd rather recoup something should the worst happen.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I put $150 on at 40-1. I'm hoping i lose my money in all honesty.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had £20 on us at 20/1 with SportingBet.

It'll soften the blow.

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Being a person easily swayed by the many many sordid earthly temptations of Satan - but uneducated in the evil ways of gambling - i too am interested in placing a sizable wager on the mighty Wolves and wondered where would one 'visit' to get the best odds?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Betting against your own club isn't any kind of fan in my eyes and the reality is many will be hoping for relegation to cash in

Doesn't really matter what you think tbh. Plenty of really good supporters who go week in week out would have a bet. Nothing wrong it. Dont try to make yourself out to be some kind of superfan. Your not. Nobody is.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't really matter what you think tbh. Plenty of really good supporters who go week in week out would have a bet. Nothing wrong it. Dont try to make yourself out to be some kind of superfan. Your not. Nobody is.

100% correct, glad you availed yourself of the 40/1 when it was around.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Betting against your own club isn't any kind of fan in my eyes and the reality is many will be hoping for relegation to cash in
It costs me the short side of £50 to get to Wolverhampton, then it's the ticket at £25, plus drinks, foods, away day travel. Shoot me down for wanting to get something back should we (hopefully we don't, hope we stay in this division!) go down.

D

Deleted member 3573J

You're right, which is why I could never bring myself to bet against Wolves as a small part of me would definitely be hoping we went down so I could collect my winnings.

D

Deleted member 4257

We should stay positive. No fan should bet on our club to be relegated.
Shamefull tbf. No pleasure should be taken from our club being relegated.
Fight to the end.

B

Bullywolf

I never said I was a "superfan" but what kind of fan bets against their own team ?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bullywolf

You're right, which is why I could never bring myself to bet against Wolves as a small part of me would definitely be hoping we went down so I could collect my winnings.

This sums it up for me, as though Mugwump for eg who stands to win 3000 if we get relegated wont have a part of him that doesn't want to collect.

B

Bullywolf

6000 if you did your maths right :)
You're right which makes it even worse..anyone standing to win 6000 will have a small part backing the opposition. I'd go so far as to say some seem to revel in defeat on this site who only come on when we lose yet when we win they are nowhere to be seen.

Coeur de Loup

Reaction score
Being a person easily swayed by the many many sordid earthly temptations of Satan - but uneducated in the evil ways of gambling - i too am interested in placing a sizable wager on the mighty Wolves and wondered where would one 'visit' to get the best odds?
http://www.oddschecker.com/
then you have to open an account - don t do it - it's a slippery slope and anyway we won't go down

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never bet against Wolves, until today :( €400 will partially cover a flight to the US to visit a best mate, or two flights back home, and more.
I am made to bet against wolves by my mates. If we win i am happy despite it costing me an extra fiver. If we lose i might recoup a fiver or tenner. But more often than not when i bet on the opposition we win. So i will be told to put a few quid on reading next wek no doubt.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Forget betting against your team, if you want some easy money, just rip the bookies off with their welcome/daily offers - guaranteed to make you a grand by the end of the season if you've got £100 to spare or just £25 but that'll take a bit longer.

alobmbe

Groupie
Reaction score
I seldom bet, but on the basis that i have never won a football bet in my life i always bet against wolves. The first time was the league cup final in 1974 and i did it again in 1980. Over the decades i've got us out of many a sticky situation and i shall claim much kudos if my £25 sky bet gets us out of this one.

D

Deleted member 3604

Sadly those odds are too high because it's a distinct possibility (given our defence and style of football) but I think accumulated with a Leicester relegation would make it a less dirty pursuit.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never said I was a "superfan" but what kind of fan bets against their own team ?

A smart one, especially when you can get great odds. If you can afford it ( which i can ) then its just a bit of fun. Not one person on here wants us to get relegated, they just know a good bet when they see it.

Its only a game you know superfan. Its not that important in the scheme of things. Family and friends are way more important than trying to be some holier than thou supporter pretending to be horrified at somebody betting against their own team.

And work on your maths. As Burton said, its $6000 i may win.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Some people wouldnt, but there really isnt anything wrong with it. I wouldnt care if i lose my money, i hope i do tbh. Its not like $150 is a big amount of money really.

Not a single part of me wants us relegated though. Each to their own.

Back
Top Bottom