Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What should happen next with fabio silva?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's November and fabio has hardly featured this season. I am concerned about his development. We are at a crossroads. There are rumours that wolves are interested in kieffer moore and this transfer would result in fabio being shunted more to the back. What should we do with Fabio? What should happen next with fabio silva?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's November and fabio has hardly featured this season. I am concerned about his development. We are at a crossroads. There are rumours that wolves are interested in kieffer moore and this transfer would result in fabio being shunted more to the back. What should we do with Fabio? What should happen next with fabio silva?

I was thinking this however we are only 11 games in and I still think he is the backup to Raul with Hwang more a wide man.

He’s not getting enough minutes and I think we could see more of him in the second half of the season should we switch formation.

He shouldn’t be loaned anywhere.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d go for number 7) have some patience and trust the coaching staff and manager who has a pedigree in working with young players, to do the right thing

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's something we have all been thinking about due to his lack of minutes.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d go for number 7) have some patience and trust the coaching staff and manager who has a pedigree in working with young players, to do the right thing
Yes, in Bruno we (or at least I) trust.

Physically he's starting to look more the part, and being around a quality striker such as Raul can only do him good.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I mentioned this yesterday.He was brought on in the 89th minute when we were 2 down so what could he be expected to do ?He barely gets minutes and neither does he have much of a run out in the U23’s
It is a conundrum

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
one thing's for sure, and that is that he won't improve by being sat on the bench every game.
He needs to be given minutes, but, we aren't really getting ourselves in the position to give him a ten or fifteen minute run out at the end of games. Untill we are able to get ourselves comfortably in a lead and stay there, continuing to attack towards the end of games it will be difficult to sub him in.

MontyR

Reaction score
Should be playing with the U23s where appropriate while also being included in the senior squad and getting 10/15 minutes here and there. It'll be a busy Christmas period coming up and he'll no doubt be getting minutes.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Give him a bit of game time, coming on as substitute, when (hopefully) we have a comfortable lead in a match.

Lets see how good (or bad) he is for the last 30 minutes or so.

It may only be one match, but we can get an idea about him.

Although he’s been on the bench for every game this season, Bruno has hardly used him at all has he. That says a lot to me.

If the alternative is Keiffer Moore (definitely no) then I would definitely keep Fabio!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Kieffer Moore remains on our plot then we have serious problems. Name one other PL team who would even consider him.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I still believe Bruno wants to go 4 at the back and 2 up front -with the midfield shape determined by the tactics of each match- and if he can get the players he needs in Jan, then the best place for Fabio is right here, rotating with Hwang as Raul's striker partner.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be worthwhile for fabio to follow the harry kane path and get some league 1 experience and then championship soon after. He would get lots of minutes and play at a level higher than under 23s.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should get his haircut, shave off that bum fluff and have a season with the U23s. He's not going to figure much with the first team, apart from sit on the bench, Hwang is ahead of him and possibly another striker in January. When you see where Mason Greenwood is you realise how far away Silva is from a Prem player.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan. Championship level seems about right, anywhere in Europe. Young players need to play to improve and fulfill their potential.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should get his haircut, shave off that bum fluff and have a season with the U23s.

DLOokYc8UKM-fB9H4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ.jpg

Last season:

Fabio: 1352 mins (equivalent of 15 games), 4 goals, 3 assists
Greenwood: 1813 mins (equivalent of 20 games), 7 goals, 2 assists

So depsite playing in a far superior team last year, they had very similar outputs.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He should get his haircut, shave off that bum fluff and have a season with the U23s. He's not going to figure much with the first team, apart from sit on the bench, Hwang is ahead of him and possibly another striker in January. When you see where Mason Greenwood is you realise how far away Silva is from a Prem player.
Get a no messing bully cut and start eating chips and beans

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whether it would help or not is irrelevant but there's no way they're sending out a £35m player on loan. Would be so embarrassing for them if he went to Grasshoppers or Luton or wherever and failed.

Reactions: Ian

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't Mendes move him on for £40m....he owes us big time on this.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree - but that doesn't stop us putting our pennyworth in .
I would like him to be a supernumerary 100% , then we can make the best decision without pressure.
A very expensive supernumerary !

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have such a small squad of Premiership quality players. Limited options .
And £35 million sitting on the bench. :mad::mad:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not concerned at all. Have a go at the kid not playing when the experienced guys are showing they are not up to it again.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Two games a week coming up for a while after the break, so hopefully he can get some minutes. He's a clever player IMO, but not sure where he can play in the current formation. Doubt a Champ loan would suit him though.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hung, drawn and quartered? Of course not - it's hanged, drawn and quartered. ;)

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs to play somewhere and is not good enough for the first team, so Championship or overseas.

At the moment though he have little by way of back up so I guess he will continue to sit on the bench.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The first 2 options are not realistic. If you're a Championship side or European side going for promotion or battling the drop you are not going to put your faith in 'potential' None of those clubs are going to give up their league campaigns and becoming a babbysitter for Jeff's 'wonderkid' he would just end up on the bench elsewhere and be photographed smiling and laughing in training.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a list of PL players at a similar age to Fabio.

How many of them should be concerned about how much they're playing?
How many of them cost 35mil to a team that doesn't spend.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio loan out to decent champ club the same as MGW who seems to have sharpened up to a higher level of fitness too.

PS. Yet Jef Shi probably won't allow his baby to go out of the playpen?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting to have a poll - I've always made my view on Fabio known and have seen nothing to make me change it this season. If someone offered us £10m I'd take it without a moment's hesitation.

Look at the impact Joe Gelhardt had for Leeds when he came on against us - he cost a £1m from Wigan and is way closer to a 'generational talent' than Fabio. He seems a nice enough lad but let's be honest, right now he wouldn't even be a guaranteed starter in League One. So on the grounds that we won't find a mug to give us £10m. he needs to be playing football regularly, either for the U23s or in League 1 or 2

Back
Top Bottom