Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What are your rules for respecting a poster ?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont takes things personally, dont post anything you wouldnt say to somebodies face and dont take football and this forum too seriously. If somebody bothers you enough just ignore them, its not worth the hassle.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if you start to disagree on a subject with a specific person it’s really only worth letting it go back and forth a few posts each; both become ever more entrenched in their original opinion and it gets a bit boring.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A number of unhealthy spats are running on here .
I don’t like it but accept that’s life .
What do you do to avoid personalised conflicts ? Number one for me is to disagree but not say anything personal about the poster you disagree with .
I also try to leave it a while before responding to an insult .
And I try not to stereotype a poster , but that can be difficult if they are aggressive or it’s late at night and I have been on the good stuff .

Remember its just a forum........ don't take things to heart.
Just anonymous people saying random stuff.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the end of the day I’m a 36 year old male posting on a football forum, I’d be very embarrassed if my GF or friends found out, so I find anyone that annoys me on here must be at least as sad as me or not worse given I actually have an ok life off here… so I take any kind of beef with a pinch of salt.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

It’s an Internet forum, You should give your opinion and not give a **** what other faceless ****s think.

If you do take it too much to heart an Internet forum is probably not the best place to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As soon as someone makes a personally insulting remark, the post should be removed and the poster banned for one month. Some people can’t control themselves and so should not be allowed the privilege of posting.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I have three people following me. I have visions of them with buckets and spades like following a horse. The point is, what do they do that for? I don't follow anyone and I don't put anyone on ignore. I also have no objection to any individual who wants to demonstrate what a total pillock they are.

In the main however, I love everybody, you are all important and without you we wouldn't have a forum! :D
I think you can easily end up following someone accidentally pressing the follow button but not realising you’ve done it.

JuliusCaesar

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just 5 rules for me.

1. Nobody likes a grass.
2. Don't want to be spending time with people who are relentless moaners.
3. Don't want to be spending time with people who are relentlessly positive.
4. Don't want to be spending time with people who make the exact same point 100 different ways.
5. Phrases such as 'double pivot', 'breaking the lines', 'low block'......makes my teeth itch.

I'll add a bonus one: Worrying about the wage bill. It's not my money. If Wolves want to sign a world class player and pay him £400k per week, that's just dandy with me. I'd gladly sign off £4m per year just to have Joao Moutinho be a greeter in the club canteen. Because it's Joao ****ing Moutinho and every day he wears the Wolves club crest is a good day for me.

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just 5 rules for me.

1. Nobody likes a grass.
2. Don't want to be spending time with people who are relentless moaners.
3. Don't want to be spending time with people who are relentlessly positive.
4. Don't want to be spending time with people who make the exact same point 100 different ways.
5. Phrases such as 'double pivot', 'breaking the lines', 'low block'......makes my teeth itch.

I'll add a bonus one: Worrying about the wage bill. It's not my money. If Wolves want to sign a world class player and pay him £400k per week, that's just dandy with me. I'd gladly sign off £4m per year just to have Joao Moutinho be a greeter in the club canteen. Because it's Joao ****ing Moutinho and every day he wears the Wolves club crest is a good day for me.
Fine with all apart from1. We could do with more informants, all power to them - clean up the world! It's those that require "grassing on" I don't like.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just laugh at someone trying to cause an argument for no reason then think they must be a 6 yr old kid or a very angry person inside who needs help

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's the casting of aspersions on some of our own players that sets me off, I'll use MGW as an example. He's a young lad and needs our backing if and when he plays, to try and essentially destroy his reputation among fans really ****es me off. That's what narked me lately, I avoided the discussion for a while as a coping mechanism!

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fine with all apart from1. We could do with more informants, all power to them - clean up the world! It's those that require "grassing on" I don't like.

This forum misses an unlike button.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are posters that believe having a robust opinion , being strong willed , being right allows you to be personally insulting.
It just shows an inability to argue a point rationally.
So I tell my wife .

Last edited:

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you can easily end up following someone accidentally pressing the follow button but not realising you’ve done it.
I hadn't realise that. Thanks for pointing it out A3. :)

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the over the top crass negativity can drag me down. I try to ignore it but sometimes can’t resist a challenge.

I find arguing an opinion to be the best strategy ... and avoid the personal stuff.

Must confess though, that there’s been a few mornings where I’ve logged on with a thick head not knowing quite what I’ve posted the night before!

Last edited:

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Doesn't bother me in any aspect of like if people disagree with me, dislike me or throw insults so it certainly doesn't bother me on a football forum. To be honest I'm more of a reader on here than a poster so my exposure is probably far too limited to attract anything like that.

On the flipside I've got no time for waging personal wars or digging at other people, if certain posters have styles or constant opinions that grate on me I just use the ignore function. Makes life so much easier and far less stressful.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I have three people following me. I have visions of them with buckets and spades like following a horse. The point is, what do they do that for? I don't follow anyone and I don't put anyone on ignore. I also have no objection to any individual who wants to demonstrate what a total pillock they are.

In the main however, I love everybody, you are all important and without you we wouldn't have a forum! :D
I have accidentally followed people.
Worse though is accidentally blocking people.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I realise I am a stupid old codger who dow really know what he's talking about so I am not easily insulted. :p

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've met a few people off football forums for a beer and have always been surprised that the angriest of posters are very calm in real life and completely different to the persona they give off on the Internet.
I have met a few people on here and they have been the kindest, most decent people you could meet. Some have helped me with tickets for away matches and been so unbelievably kind.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Like others have said keep the personally insults out of it.

Respect others opinion. Just because they have a different view on Wolves does not mean they are wrong.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like others have said keep the personally insults out of it.

Respect others opinion. Just because they have a different view on Wolves does not mean they are wrong.
I hate to think we are missing out on varied and valid opinions by Wolves supporters just because posters want to avoid the line of fire.

Sylarwolf

Reaction score
Molmix is great for match day Threads including pre match and player ratings Threads.

For everything else it is a giant cesspit for fragile egos to project and sling mud at each other. Most folk here need some fresh air once in a while.

Love you all
XXX
:)

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not a woke snowflake so I couldn’t really give two ****s about what anyone says. If you get offended by the internet then it’s probably not for you.
I’ve had personal threats from people on the mix which I’ve replied in kind, but they’ve then gone and complained to the Mods. So I just don’t bother anymore.
I’ve read on this thread that people should only be, how you’d be in real life. That seems about right.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
I hate to think we are missing out on varied and valid opinions by Wolves supporters just because posters want to avoid the line of fire.
Me too. Could be worse. This morning on twitter I have received loads of insults as I said they were wetting their pants.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not a woke snowflake so I couldn’t really give two ****s about what anyone says. If you get offended by the internet then it’s probably not for you.
I’ve had personal threats from people on the mix which I’ve replied in kind, but they’ve then gone and complained to the Mods. So I just don’t bother anymore.
I’ve read on this thread that people should only be, how you’d be in real life. That seems about right.
Not sure if you are joking or just a ****ing **** . ;)

Johnny5

Reaction score
Just ignore the couple who repeat the same nonsense this time every year. It’s so tiresome and spoils the forum for me.

Nivada

Reaction score
Very much like my rules for respecting a partner

Asthmatic Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The crazy thing is that people on this thread have used it as an opportunity to doubledown on what they consider their entitlement to personally abuse, rather than show any contrition.

There are a few posters on the mix who I can only consider were/are heavily abused/bullied themselves in life, as in my experience actual tough guys aren’t cyber bullies.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know that people have opinions that are different to mine, and I respect their right to disagree with me. I am fortunate that no one has really had a go at me on here, or insulted me. If they did I would just let it pass, I had enough of that nonsense elsewhere. Overall I find the folk on here very friendly and knowledgable on a whole variety of subjects, which is probably why I like the OT forum.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know that people have opinions that are different to mine, and I respect their right to disagree with me. I am fortunate that no one has really had a go at me on here, or insulted me. If they did I would just let it pass, I had enough of that nonsense elsewhere. Overall I find the folk on here very friendly and knowledgable on a whole variety of subjects, which is probably why I like the OT forum.
Shhhhsh don’t mention the OT forum, that’s our safe place!

Back
Top Bottom