Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What are your rules for respecting a poster ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A number of unhealthy spats are running on here .
I don’t like it but accept that’s life .
What do you do to avoid personalised conflicts ? Number one for me is to disagree but not say anything personal about the poster you disagree with .
I also try to leave it a while before responding to an insult .
And I try not to stereotype a poster , but that can be difficult if they are aggressive or it’s late at night and I have been on the good stuff .

Last edited:

Kennedy

Reaction score
I am just a voyeur on here during transfer windows but even from that I can see some abuse flying around. No need for that at all.

I would say just ignore any insults from keyboard warriors. It's not real life. It doesn't matter.

If people start throwing personal insults they should probably get a short term ban then ultimately be removed?

The vast majority are decent respectful posts TBF.

Now, back to the transfer thread for the millionth time today....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have had plenty of spats on here but normally try to debate as respectfully as possible. Unfortunately I don't often get that level of respect shown by some posters who just belittle and get digs in.

Each to their own but I hate personal abuse and digs on here and there is lots of it at the moment as some posters on both side of the argument be it a negative or positive slant cant respond without being insulting.

The good thing though is there are plenty of good posters on here and even quite a few I debate with who may disagree with me and I disagree with them but there is still a good level of healthy and respectful debate without the one liners and any digs.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am just a voyeur on here during transfer windows but even from that I can see some abuse flying around. No need for that at all.

I would say just ignore any insults from keyboard warriors. It's not real life. It doesn't matter.

If people start throwing personal insults they should probably get a short term ban then ultimately be removed?

The vast majority are decent respectful posts TBF.

Now, back to the transfer thread for the millionth time today....

That is a very good post, Kennedy and I fully agree!

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If someone disagrees or dislikes my views, I just accept it. The reason being, that it is about opinions and peoples ideas will not all be the same regardless of the subject.

Members also have to take into account that some posts get a bit lost in translation and sometimes taken out of context when no harm was meant. I also like to think outside the box (although it can be strenuous) and look at all angles and give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

We naturally make assumptions and judgements by what a person says but on a forum, there is no tone of voice. Yes sometimes it’s obvious a poster is being derogatory towards another but the person might be doing it tongue in cheek and have a smile on their face but the other person doesn’t see it that way. We are all different.

Here is a scenario, I doubt many have given much thought……Imagine that we are all sat in a room in a big circle facing each other, rather than sitting at home or whatever. I know a few people on here know each other by sight but imagine the vast majority do not.

Nobody can tell anybody their forum name and after 2 hours, during which, the floor is open to debate “Wolves”, everyone is then asked to guess “who’s who”. Difficult I know and I don’t think most people would get many (if any) correct.

One thing, I can virtually guarantee is that most of us would actually get on very well and become good friends. I can even imagine that some posters we perceive in a certain way, turn out to be totally different in reality.

My motto is; Treat everyone equally, until they give you good reason to do otherwise.

In hindsight that would have done instead of rambling on. Too late now.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If someone disagrees or dislikes my views, I just accept it. The reason being, that it is about opinions and peoples ideas will not all be the same regardless of the subject.

Members also have to take into account that some posts get a bit lost in translation and sometimes taken out of context when no harm was meant. I also like to think outside the box (although it can be strenuous) and look at all angles and give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

We naturally make assumptions and judgements by what a person says but on a forum, there is no tone of voice. Yes sometimes it’s obvious a poster is being derogatory towards another but the person might be doing it tongue in cheek and have a smile on their face but the other person doesn’t see it that way. We are all different.

Here is a scenario, I doubt many have given much thought……Imagine that we are all sat in a room in a big circle facing each other, rather than sitting at home or whatever. I know a few people on here know each other by sight but imagine the vast majority do not.

Nobody can tell anybody their forum name and after 2 hours, during which, the floor is open to debate “Wolves”, everyone is then asked to guess “who’s who”. Difficult I know and I don’t think most people would get many (if any) correct.

One thing, I can virtually guarantee is that most of us would actually get on very well and become good friends. I can even imagine that some posters we perceive in a certain way, turn out to be totally different in reality.

My motto is; Treat everyone equally, until they give you good reason to do otherwise.

In hindsight that would have done instead of rambling on. Too late now.
Well said
I enjoy the debate but I'd happily go for a drink with anyone on here. Being a fan of the mighty Wolves trumps all other considerations

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good thread.
I've got one person on ignore, but that's it.
Not living in Wolvo I don't know anyone personally - that was the same on the Wolves Forum but I no longer even visit that site because of the level of abuse/vitriol.
As I see it a forum is simply mates talking in a pub: everyone has different views and that should be respected. A good example right now is a new contract for Joao Moutinho: personally I wouldn't give him even a year. Others say two years and that's fine: they're entitled to their views and I respect them.
Hell's bells, what's footy without disagreements?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member drgr12429

Good thread.
Not living in Wolvo I don't know anyone personally - that was the same on the Wolves Forum but I no longer even visit that site because of the level of abuse/vitriol.
As I see it a forum is simply mates talking in a pub: everyone has different views and that should be respected. A good example right now is a new contract for Joao Moutinho: personally I wouldn't give him even a year. Others say two years and that's fine: they're entitled to their views and I respect them.
Hell's bells, what's footy with disagreements?
Pretty much summed it up.
I'll add disagree fine, but disagree and start **** then not expect it back is not fine for me. Banter is all good though..

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good thread.
Hell's bells, what's footy with disagreements?
How ****ing thick are you ****, Mouts needs a contract for life, **** off and support the ****!! ;) ;) :):):)

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
It just comes with social media territory. As a rule of thumb, don't write what you wouldn't say to a person's face. To be fair, I have seen a lot lot worse & personal on other sites. If nothing else, illustrates the passion Wolves fans have for the club. I have a relative who is the biggest ****** you wouldn't wish to meet. But at end of day, he family.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It just comes with social media territory. As a rule of thumb, don't write what you wouldn't say to a person's face. To be fair, I have seen a lot lot worse & personal on other sites. If nothing else, illustrates the passion Wolves fans have for the club. I have a relative who is the biggest ****** you wouldn't wish to meet. But at end of day, he family.
Is passionate a fair cover for aggression and insults ?

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Respect isn't the answer, really, as some posters are just *********, they actively seek to be *********, and they'll be ********* whether you respect their words or don't. Arguing is pointless because it makes them happy, and they just accumulate more ******** points to earn their next ******** badge.

The answer is to identify them - and they're usually very easy to spot, because they're not here to talk about Wolves, they're here simply to be ********* towards other posters.

Once identified, scroll past them when you see them posting, ignore them if they comment on something you wrote, and it becomes much easier to enjoy the site, have a laugh, and pick up the odd snippet of news.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reach for a bottle of whiskey then fire up the computer, find the users personal details and begin to send hundreds of pizzas and a few skips on a daily basis, and follow up with a geocities site about why that person sucks.

Last edited:

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting thread. I have three people following me. I have visions of them with buckets and spades like following a horse. The point is, what do they do that for? I don't follow anyone and I don't put anyone on ignore. I also have no objection to any individual who wants to demonstrate what a total pillock they are.

In the main however, I love everybody, you are all important and without you we wouldn't have a forum! :D

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What are your rules for respecting a poster ?​

It depends how much of a ColinHunt they are. And/or how outrageous or rudiclous their post is.

However, I only judge a poster on their last post. I don't build up an overall opinion of a poster. That seeks to work. So I will happily knock or praise the same person!

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok my 2p worth..
I read something - I agree I like
I read something which sort of agree and try to give a adult to adult response without going personal.
I read something and i do not like it and feel i have nothing that could counter sway or help the situation - Just read on and watch it.
It's not hard to have a conversation/disagreement without name calling/slander folks.

Last edited:

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think society as a whole nowadays struggles with the concept of disagreeing with someone.

People seem to have forgotten that if you disagree on one thing, you don’t have to disagree on everything. Possibly something to do with divisive politics filtering down to wider society.

People aren’t that black and white. There’s all sorts of grey. Every aspect of peoples’ viewpoints on every subject is on a spectrum, and some might overlap with yours, while others massively vary.

I try to separate the comments on here from the people posting it. If I like it, I like it, if I don’t, I don’t. Try to never fall into the trap of, “well they said this on that post, so I won’t like their comment on this post!”. I suppose that is just respecting the poster by treating all posts equally, on their own merit.

And just be as polite and kind as possible. You never know what people are dealing with. If you find yourself not being, take a moment, cool off and apologise.

Oh, nearly forgot, always keep your spreadsheet of the snippets of personal information people share up to date. That way, if things do escalate out of your control, you know enough about them to find them :wink:

Last edited:

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cor be ***** with arguements on here - have enough of that with the wife

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I always try and think that we all share one big thing in common in our love for the club. And whether a positive or negative post, something i agree with or not, i generally respect who is writing. I don't come on here to argue. If someone diasagrees with something i've wrote and isn't an ass about how they go about it i have no problem. There are some prominent posters where i don't agree with some of what they say, but do on some things, and in those times i judge it on the last post. And there are some where i seem to regularly roll my eyes at what they say and i find myself skipping past.

In life i try to act and treat people as i would like to be treated, and would hope anything i have written previously is respectful.

It has been a tough read on here as of late, and this place is such a nicer place to visit when things are looking better for the club

Asthmatic Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I avoid making personal comments as we are all Wolves fans with a different view, which is far healthier and more interesting than a collective homogeneity.

I do struggle with not responding to personal comments though but have quickly patched things up after some quite nasty exchanges.

What I cannot stand though are personal comments which are patronising and presumptive in nature and rely on ‘I have done or been ‘x’ so I know better’, often without a shred of knowledge about the other poster.

I actually prefer nasty aggressive communication to such passive aggressive communication..!

Back
Top Bottom