Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What actually is our contractual link with Mendes?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would actually agree with that. He should be used if and only if it is to our benefit.
Well there's the undercurrent I was talking about - 'used if and only for our benefit'. Why do you say that? The inference is, there have been instances where we have used him and we have not benefitted?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well there's the undercurrent I was talking about - 'used if and only for our benefit'. Why do you say that? The inference is, there have been instances where we have used him and we have not benefitted?

I made that comment out of an excess of caution. I have seen no evidence that is the case. I certainly know that it has been both implied and inferred. I don't know if there is any legitimate basis for that.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a ST at Wolves but I couldn't tell you for sure which players are via Mendes tbh. Who are some of the players who have no links to Mendes?

You also asked if they have to be Portuguese. I did some in-depth research, and discovered we've actually signed a few non Portuguese players, but it's probably not really been publicised.

Donk
Boly
Raul
Hoever
Ait Nouri
Jonny
Adama

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot vouch for the attached reports but they are the most comprehensive discussion I have seen

Many thanks for attaching this. At least some on here are prepared to discuss the OP without resorting to insults and sarcastic comments.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a ST at Wolves but I couldn't tell you for sure which players are via Mendes tbh. Who are some of the players who have no links to Mendes?
He's involved in lots of transfers with us and other clubs where he represents neither play but acts as a "facilitator". He was involved in 47 of the last 49 transfers at Man united.

His reach is huge, his agency made the 20th biggest profit in European football last season and that includes clubs!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You also asked if they have to be Portuguese. I did some in-depth research, and discovered we've actually signed a few non Portuguese players, but it's probably not really been publicised.

Donk
Boly
Raul
Hoever
Ait Nouri
Jonny
Adama

Add Marcal to that list. A lot more for the age group teams too....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Donk
Boly
Raul
Hoever
Ait Nouri
Jonny
Adama
I swear fans of other clubs don’t realise this

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Donk
Boly
Raul
Hoever
Ait Nouri
Jonny
Adama
Thanks for that. Appreciated.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always wondered why Raul went off to play for Mexico and Dedonker for Belgium and Adama for Spain. It turns out they aren’t all Portuguese after all.
Really? I am gobsmacked! Did we sign them in error???

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Donk
Boly
Raul
Hoever
Ait Nouri
Jonny
Adama

You could add Saiss to that list as well I think Flump.

Good research mate.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All well and good throwing up saiss and bigging up flump, but I know for a fact cutrone is from Lisbon, so that negates all of your ‘good research’. :cool:
Leominster speaks with forked tongue... He was born in Como and joined Milan's academy aged 9 ... Which of course was your point...

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard a rumour that Fosun & Mendes have gone 50/50 on a new business making “you’ve let us down again” banners and secured a prime merchandise selling spot by the subway.

so their grand plan to sign no players is coming to fruition soon

D

Deleted member 5962

View attachment 19414
I’ve just read that Wolves are one of 23 teams about to have a Fortnite skin. We’re the only genuine Mendes contracted club in the list. I might make a thread on it and then hide in a bush with some chug.

I spot a few that have as much of a mendes vibe as us.

Mendes doesnt do direct control with a club, he has ins at many and moves players between them and takes his cut. There was a gif on here in the first year of fosun showing the player movement of the carousel in full swing.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We use Mendes and we also use other agents in the game. He is just an advisory contact the club have a good relationship with through our Iberian coach and players. Fosun own many companies and many sister companies that have stakes in lots of pies. Make of that what you will. They didn’t become a billionaire conglomerate from being friends with Jorge Mendes.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We bought a player from Rochdale. I don’t know for certain but I’m guessing that they don’t have an association with Mendes
Mendes could afford to buy Rochdale.

The town, that is, not the football club.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always happy to help a new fan out, we don't start off knowing who the Wolves players are.
If it helps any new supporters, we are the ones who play in the old gold(ish) strip.

And occasionally, away from home, the Portuguese national strip (oh bugger, what a giveaway).

Back
Top Bottom